Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mary, the mother of the Lord

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God is literally Omnipotent you dont know He can come down as a human? wow lol, denying Jesus' Divinity leads to rejecting God's omnipotence. what a sad view unitarianism is.

let me guess, you also believe that the lake of fire is not real?? lool
I can assure that he does. ALL the so called Unitarians and Christadelphians deny that Hell is a real place.

Actually, one is an off shoot of the other one and neither is a part of Christianity. They are a "cult" that denies Jesus as the Christ.

By your own words, you are not born again! You are not saved and NO, I am not judging you.
How is that when I said I am born again in post #192. Me thinks you're imagining things. You can't judge me because your judgement is false according to the Bible.

I am making an observation of your own words!
Your own words, not mine.

Now.....we are done. You can waste your time posting questions to me but I am not going to respond to them.
As always, my door is always open in case you ever change your mind and want to know the truth.

so believe upon a human who wasnt God, from your perspective. loool.
doesnt that just sound silly.
Jesus is God. trying to repeat islamic talking points wont help your case.
Don't believe Jesus was a man who God delivered up to be crucified and also resurrected?

Acts 2
22Men of Israel, listen to this message: Jesus of Nazareth was a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know. 23He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. 24But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches.

Not a single Bible verse belittles Jesus like you do. all you can do is throw "human Jesus" verses around but all they ever do is show the human aspect of Jesus. nobody thinks that they exclude His divinity unless they muslim or etc.
you have the weird view that "if human then not God"
what part of OMNIPOTENT do you not understand?? if Jesus came back you would be denying His divinity again. you are making the same error the pharisees made, deny Jesus' Divinity and even hate His Divinity.

the only Man with a Divine Side was Jesus, fully man fully God....
thats why He was sinless.... Jesus is God but not the Father, youll never be His High Preist because you LACK OF KNOWLEDGE......
Couldn't help but notice you don't have any scripture that talks about your beliefs. What you have is called a theology that describes your religious practices, faith, and/or experiences. You need to separate that as something personal rather than something scriptural. Your beliefs are not mine and have nothing to do with me as a Bible-believing Christian.

So why do you not believe the Father is the only true God?

John 17
3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

I can assure that he does. ALL the so called Unitarians and Christadelphians deny that Hell is a real place.
That's not true. Hell is a real place, but eternal torment isn't a real thing.

Actually, one is an off shoot of the other one and neither is a part of Christianity. They are a "cult" that denies Jesus as the Christ.
That's not true either. Biblical Unitarians and Christadelphians both believe Jesus is the Son of God and the Christ. They just don't believe Jesus is God based of what the Bible says of the Father being the only true God and Jesus' miscellaneous denials of being God.

Don't believe Jesus was a man who God delivered up to be crucified and also resurrected?
fully man AND fully God.
again you act like God doesnt have the ability to pull off what He did as Jesus.
fully man AND fully God.

if your view is correct, God's omnipotence is shattered. but its not so - you wrong!
Well, thankfully, we humans are NOT in charge of God!!

God is literally Omnipotent you dont know He can come down as a human? wow lol, denying Jesus' Divinity leads to rejecting God's omnipotence. what a sad view unitarianism is.

let me guess, you also believe that the lake of fire is not real?? lool
Jesus isn't omnipotent or he would also be omniscient. There are examples of Jesus not knowing things in the Bible. The best one is in Matthew 24.

Matthew 24
36No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

What sounds more biblical, reasonable and comprehensible?

Jesus is a man who has come in the name of YHWH and therefore can be identified as YHWH.

Or, Jesus is both God and man, but only one person, who has two natures, two souls, two minds and two wills?
"Jesus is a man who has come in the name of YHWH and therefore can be identified as YHWH." sounds more reasonable, but why did you say he can be identified as YHWH when he isn't YHWH?

"Jesus is a man who has come in the name of YHWH and therefore can be identified as YHWH." sounds more reasonable, but why did you say he can be identified as YHWH when he isn't YHWH?
YHWH has given His son all authority in heaven and earth.

If that's true, I would strongly consider Modalism. Can't God manifest in any way He wishes to after all? Perhaps a talking donkey, a burning bush, an angel, a man, or an image on burnt toast, for nothing is impossible with God. To me that seems like letting the imagination run wild with possibilities.

Can't God be everywhere and in everything? I suppose so so what stop with Modalism and not go on to Pantheism? I have already considered these things.

I am just going to go with the Father because at least I can certify this explicitly. If Jesus is God or men are God then there isn't a clear way to prove it and other men having the same powers as Jesus only raises more questions than answers.
An inconvenient fact is, there's no way for you and I to know God without his manifestation. He used all of those mediums to communicate with us, that doesn't mean he IS any of those mediums. I've told you many times with this simple analogy - when you use a phone, Facebook, living recording or this Runningman avatar on CF.net, are you any of those things? Or a real person of flesh and blood? This is neither modalism or pantheism, it's God's divine providence. If you equate the almighty God with his mere manifestations, I can equate you with those mediums as well, maybe you're an AI robot, but apparently you're not, right?

Yes, you can go with the Father, but another inconvenient fact is, the Father is only known as the Father through Jesus the Son, Jesus the Son is the only access to God the Father. God was almost never addressed as Father in the OT, it was always the Lord, LORD God or Lord of hosts, only in the NT was he called our father in heaven. Despite your vehement opposition against the humanization of God, the title "father" is the result of anthropomorphism, a natural human tendency of assigning human physical attributes and characteristics to non-human entities, which include deities. Traditionally, a father figuare is the provider, protecter, counsellor, leader and guardian of the family, you have a close relationship with him, addressing him as father is the easiest way to relate to him. If "God is not a man" is the hill you've determined to die on, then don't call him father, 'cause traditional father figure is the closest human model to God,

YHWH has given His son all authority in heaven and earth.
Should have included all authority except the authority of God.

1 Corinthians 15
27For “God has put everything under His feet.” Now when it says that everything has been put under Him, this clearly does not include the One who put everything under Him. 28And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all.

An inconvenient fact is, there's no way for you and I to know God without his manifestation. He used all of those mediums to communicate with us, that doesn't mean he IS any of those mediums. I've told you many times with this simple analogy - when you use a phone, Facebook, living recording or this Runningman avatar on CF.net, are you any of those things? Or a real person of flesh and blood? This is neither modalism or pantheism, it's God's divine providence. If you equate the almighty God with his mere manifestations, I can equate you with those mediums as well, maybe you're an AI robot, but apparently you're not, right?

Yes, you can go with the Father, but another inconvenient fact is, the Father is only known as the Father through Jesus the Son, Jesus the Son is the only access to God the Father. God was almost never addressed as Father in the OT, it was always the Lord, LORD God or Lord of hosts, only in the NT was he called our father in heaven. Despite your vehement opposition against the humanization of God, the title "father" is the result of anthropomorphism, a natural human tendency of assigning human physical attributes and characteristics to non-human entities, which include deities. Traditionally, a father figuare is the provider, protecter, counsellor, leader and guardian of the family, you have a close relationship with him, addressing him as father is the easiest way to relate to him. If "God is not a man" is the hill you've determined to die on, then don't call him father, 'cause traditional father figure is the closest human model to God,
Would it make a difference if God (YHWH) was called the Father in the Old Testament too? Turns out, this did happen after all and there is a direct connection to the New Testament. Here's an example below, but there are some others.

Psalm 2
7I will proclaim the decree
spoken to Me by the LORD:
“You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.

Acts 13
32And now we proclaim to you the good news: What God promised our fathers 33He has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm:
‘You are My Son;
today I have become Your Father.’

Would it make a difference if God (YHWH) was called the Father in the Old Testament too? Turns out, this did happen after all and there is a direct connection to the New Testament. Here's an example below, but there are some others.
Not really, in traditional translations of KJV and NKJV it reads "today I have begotten you", the title "father" is not used.

Acts 2
22Men of Israel, listen to this message: Jesus of Nazareth was a man certified by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs, which God did among you through Him, as you yourselves know. 23He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. 24But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches.
not a single time did i deny Jesus' human nature, its you who deny HIS DIVINE NATURE!
again, false dicotomy. 100% GOD 100% man. your worldview is tunnel vision.

JESUS IS THE LAMB OF GOD. HOW CAN THIS BE IF HE ISNT GOD?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back