Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mary, the mother of the Lord

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You wrote:
Jesus said no one knows the Son except the Father and vice versa in Matthew 11:27
So, I asked you:
Jesus says no one except the Father knows the Son. So, does the Son know the Son? Yes or No?
You: <NO ANSWER>
And, I asked you:
Jesus says no one except the Son, and those to whom the Son reveals the Father, knows the Father. So, does the Father know the Father unless the Son reveals the Father to the Father? Yes or No?
And, I asked you:
And, does the Holy Spirit know the Father unless the Son reveals the Father to the Holy Spirit? Yes or No?
There are not just yes or not answers when something needs to be explained. I hope you don't proverbially stomp your feet and ask the same questions again until I answer you the with a simple yes or no.
Thanks for finally being honest by admitting you can't answer the Yes/No questions I asked you.

Last edited:
I've told you before, man, I'm not your enemy, I don't arrogantly lecture on you, I don't repeatedly shove that dumb triangle in your face like the other guy does. My view is that Jesus the Son and God the Father are the two sides of the same coin, Jesus is the material side we see, God is the immaterial side we don't see, and the coin is of the same essence which is the Holy Spirit. These two sides are distinct, as the engravings on the two sides are usually different, maybe an emblem on the back and its monetary value on the front, but this is still one coin, not two different ones.
Modalism is false.
Three PERSONS, One GOD.

Self-referencing the Trinity doctrine to confirm the Trinity doctrine isn't what we need to do to confirm the Trinity. What does the Bible say in response to your question?

You missed this part of paul's post:

By your phrase, "an omniscient God", are you referring to the Father? Yes or No?If No, then to whom are you referring by your phrase, "an omniscient God"?If Yes, then this is what you've just handed us: "Jesus isn't [the Father]".

You wrote:

So, I asked you:

And, I asked you:

And, I asked you:

Thanks for finally being honest by admitting you can't answer the Yes/No questions I asked you.
Several comments ago by now, your blunder of an explanation of the Trinity resulted in you immediately changing the subject when challenged. You have once again retreated into your element of obscure word games and semantics. Okay then. When you get serious I would be interested in you actually answering some questions.

Oops!🤣

Um, because Jesus is talking about the Holy Spirit in Matthew 12:31-32, and is not talking about the Father in Matthew 12:31-32. 🤷‍♂️
So as far as blasphemy is concerned, speaking against the Father and Son is irrelevant, but only the third person of the Trinity matters? I thought they were all God? Looks like they aren't according to what Jesus said or else speaking again one would be like speaking against them all. The remedy is that Jesus isn't God and the Holy Spirit is a name for God as is the Father.

You're going to need to provide Biblical support for "if man then automatically not God".

When He claimed that only God was good.

No.
Paul describes men as creatures and the deification of them is idolatry. This is standard. You may as well be worshipping a golden calf if you're worshipping a Man God. A Man God is still a man afterall.

Romans 1
21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

How do you determine that it "should matter"?

It already matters when Jesus delivers the biggest implication that He is God when He says that only God is good.
Who God is and representing Him accurately is important. Don't you agree with that? Then your Trinity is not mentioned to be God anywhere in the Bible. That's important. Why is this?

Last edited:
Paul describes men as creatures and the deification of them is idolatry.
All these men who were described such have one thing in common: they committed at least 1 sin.
Jesus did NONE.
your point is nulled.
Jesus was never deified, He always was God.
fully man (not with the sin part though), fully Divine.

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man
Humans are 1 person.
Three Persons, one God.

Your view ("Jesus not God") would have Jesus sin.
the Biblical view says He didn't sin.

The verses you cited include Unitarians, not Christians!
Hole diameter: 2 inches!

Agreed.
but you never answered

And you dodged this:
Because Jesus preached God being one. Now here I am doing the same thing. He didn't say anything about God being three.

Mark 12
29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Because Jesus preached God being one. Now here I am doing the same thing. He didn't say anything about God being three.

Mark 12
29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
29Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31And the second, like it, is this:‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

32So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. 33And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, [m]with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

34Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

“He” 3d person singular person pronoun.
When the scribe admitted that there is only one God and none other but HE.
Jesus said, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.”

The first thing to recognize is that the one God, the one LORD, is a singular person “He”

Mark 12
How many times do I need to point out that you're conflating monotheism with the nature of God? That verse, quoting Deut 6:4, of course, is only about monotheism--that there is only one God--and says nothing about whether God is one person or three. It's fallaciously begging the question to make it say that God is only one person.

How many times do I need to point out that you're conflating monotheism with the nature of God? That verse, quoting Deut 6:4, of course, is only about monotheism--that there is only one God--and says nothing about whether God is one person or three. It's fallaciously begging the question to make it say that God is only one person.
God is one in every sense of the word. Is there any number about God being three person's in the Bible? I can't find anything.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back