Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Mary, the mother of the Lord

Why is eph 2:8 the absolute authority on salvation?

Why not mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Thks

From the 9th verse of Mark 16 to the end is NOT IN THE BEST MANUSCRIPTS. It is believed that they were added by a Scribe.

That being a fact, then allow me to say to you that A close look at Mark 16:16 reveals that it is not connecting baptism with salvation as the Catholic Church teaches you.

Rather, when we actually READ the Bible for ourselves, we see that the verse distinguishes between belief and salvation, and lack of belief and condemnation. The first half of the verse emphasizes belief as the means of salvation. The public expression of that belief is baptism.

The second half of the verse clearly notes "whoever does not believe will be condemned."

The contrast is clearly between belief and lack of belief, not between baptism and condemnation.

Further, the prior verse, teaches, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." It does not teach to go into all the world and baptize the whole creation. The emphasis in the surrounding context is on preaching the gospel so others will believe in Jesus and receive salvation.

Please, read the Bible and do the study and do not rely on Catholic teachings all of the time when it come to correct Bible truth.

Again.......I am always blessed to help your understanding.
First have united faith & baptism
Not faith alone

Where does scripture ever say baptism is a “public expression of faith”?

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

He who believes Christ and His doctrine of (((faith & baptism))) shall be saved! He who not believe Christ and His doctrine of ((( faith & baptism)) shall be damned!

Amen!

Back