Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Mary, the mother of the Lord

A person who has not called upon the Lord and been Saved, has no respect from God for attempting to obey commands.
Genesis 4:5
But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect.
What about the rich man?

Matt 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

What about the rich man?

Matt 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

......................... come and follow me.
Jesus put the Word on Him concerning the one thing that was required for his "good deeds " to be validated by God.

Matt 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?......................... come and follow me.

It was more than the young man's carnal heart could bear to forsake all and call upon the Lord.
He walked away lost in sorrow, and unsaved despite the "good deeds" he claimed

Mat 19:22
But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful

Jesus put the Word on Him concerning the one thing that was required for his "good deeds " to be validated by God.

Matt 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?......................... come and follow me.

It was more than the young man's carnal heart could bear to forsake all and call upon the Lord.
He walked away lost in sorrow, and unsaved despite the "good deeds" he claimed

He said keep the commandments!

He said keep the commandments!
That you do not understand Jesus's final Word to the young man , THAT HE MUST COME TO CHRIST:

Matt 19: 16 .............. come and follow me.

: to make the commandments of merit with God, as well as your inability to connect the dots as to his reason for turning his back on Jesus, speaks to a spiritual understanding that is miles wide and inches deep.

That you do not understand Jesus's final Word to the young man , THAT HE MUST COME TO CHRIST:

: to make the commandments of merit with God, as well as your inability to connect the dots as to his reason for turning his back on Jesus, speaks to a spiritual understanding that is miles wide and inches deep.
We only believe His final
Words?

We only believe His final
Words?
Being that Jesus's final Words to the young man were the greatest commandment of all, and on that command hang all the law and the prophets , as well as his salvation, so yes in my opinion if he had heeded Jesus final Word to obey the greatest commandment he would have been filled with joy & love for the presence of the Lord, not sorrow.
You can't follow Him if you don't love Him.

Mat 22:37-38
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.

Being that Jesus's final Words to the young man were the greatest commandment of all, and on that command hang all the law and the prophets , as well as his salvation, so yes in my opinion if he had heeded Jesus final Word to obey the greatest commandment he would have been filled with joy & love for the presence of the Lord, not sorrow.
You can't follow Him if you don't love Him.

Mat 22:37-38
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.

Your concept excludes love of God and Christ!

Faith alone

No Love involved

You think your justified but actually not

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Please visit the Catholic forum

Our salvation is in Mary!

Thks
No sir. I will and I have visited the actual and Literal Word of God found in the Bible.

We have had a circular conversation before and I will not do that anymore with you.

I believe what the Bible says and YOU believe what the Pope says....end of story.

There is only one priest among men who can can go to God in his own right and intercede for us, who himself does not need an intercessor. That man is Jesus Christ. That’s one reason why he said, "I am the way, the truth and the life; no one can come to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

Only if He is Lord God does it make sense
is an unborn baby anointed as messiah?

Thks
Christian doctrine 101.

Jesus Christ is God’s anointed Messiah. The word Messiah means “anointed one” and derives directly from the Hebrew word for “anointed.” Christ comes from the Greek word Christos, also meaning “anointed one.” Thus, Christ is the Greek equivalent to Messiah.

Jesus is the promised Messiah of the Old Testament—prophet, priest, and king. He was anointed by God’s Spirit to accomplish God’s work, which took place in His baptism in Mark 1:9-11 (also Matthew 3:16). And His anointing by the Spirit led Jesus to fulfill His offices of prophet, priest, and king in His life, death, and resurrection. Jesus is the son of David. But He is also the Lord of David. And that is because He is the Son of God who took on flesh in the person of Christ.

Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man. “Why was our mediator called Christ?” asks the Westminster Larger Catechism. “Our mediator was called Christ, because he was anointed with the Holy Ghost above measure; and so set apart, and fully furnished with all authority and ability, to execute the offices of prophet, priest, and king of his church, in the estate both of his humiliation and exaltation” (WLC 42; cf. WCF 8.1, 3)

No sir. I will and I have visited the actual and Literal Word of God found in the Bible.

We have had a circular conversation before and I will not do that anymore with you.

I believe what the Bible says and YOU believe what the Pope says....end of story.

There is only one priest among men who can can go to God in his own right and intercede for us, who himself does not need an intercessor. That man is Jesus Christ. That’s one reason why he said, "I am the way, the truth and the life; no one can come to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).
You believe faith alone?

Christian doctrine 101.

Jesus Christ is God’s anointed Messiah. The word Messiah means “anointed one” and derives directly from the Hebrew word for “anointed.” Christ comes from the Greek word Christos, also meaning “anointed one.” Thus, Christ is the Greek equivalent to Messiah.

Jesus is the promised Messiah of the Old Testament—prophet, priest, and king. He was anointed by God’s Spirit to accomplish God’s work, which took place in His baptism in Mark 1:9-11 (also Matthew 3:16). And His anointing by the Spirit led Jesus to fulfill His offices of prophet, priest, and king in His life, death, and resurrection. Jesus is the son of David. But He is also the Lord of David. And that is because He is the Son of God who took on flesh in the person of Christ.

Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man. “Why was our mediator called Christ?” asks the Westminster Larger Catechism. “Our mediator was called Christ, because he was anointed with the Holy Ghost above measure; and so set apart, and fully furnished with all authority and ability, to execute the offices of prophet, priest, and king of his church, in the estate both of his humiliation and exaltation” (WLC 42; cf. WCF 8.1, 3)
Yes but not till he is born and grows up

Back