Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Matt 23:1-3 question

Not me
I use the Bible gateway and the KJV

The HS leads the apostles into all truth Jn 16:13 then they must teach us
Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21
Acts 8:31
Colossians 2:7
Thanks
Finally something we can agree on, I hope.

The anointing that was placed on the Apostles by the Holy Spirit is what teaches all of us. Not Priest, not Pastors, not Rabbi, etc. etc. but that anointing being the Holy Spirit that first opened the Spiritual eyes and ears of the Apostles as we study and learn from that same anointing that opens our Spiritual eyes and ears to hear what the Spirit of God is teaching us.

The apostles are the church
The Apostles like all of us that are Christ own makes up the whole body of Christ being the true church of Christ with He being the head of the body

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

God, nor Jesus even recognize organized religions as it's all about having faith in Christ who is our faith.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So you are pulling theses verses together to make a personal point?
You do understand you are misusing many of these verses.
Pull up another verse that proves your position and let us examine if you are using the verse correctly.
All scripture is inspired!
Even one word
Context, and using scripture correctly are not inspired!

All scripture is inspired!
Even one word
Context, and using scripture correctly are not inspired!
Matt 27:5, Matt 18:35

Context is reading inspired scripture as it was inspired.

2 Tim 2:15 seems to argue against your idea that using scripture correctly is not inspired.

“They immediately went to the river”!
Water water water and baptized!
Are you kidding???
John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

And what are you referencing?
You jumped out of our conversation into another, it seems.

Could you please post Ephesians 2:8-9 and then give an explanation.

What does FOR YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED....mean to you?
Is it not speaking of salvation??
Sure

Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

eph 2:8 does not refer to you’re salvation it’s already past tense when Paul wrote it so it refers redemption accomplished by Christ apart from our involvement.

“not of yourselves”

:shock

Catholic Answers is not an authorized source!
Jimmy Aiken is not an authorized source!

Are you for real??

So tell me, what is an authorized source for you?

Would the CCC be acceptable to you?
I do believe it's what J. Aiken uses for his theology, AND all of the papal writings -
I had to use the CCC myself for Catholic doctrine - I hope you can accept it!

CCC 161
161 Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation. "Since "without faith it is impossible to please [God]" and to attain to the fellowship of his sons, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life 'But he who endures to the end.'"

CCC 162
162 Faith is an entirely free gift that God makes to man. We can lose this priceless gift, as St. Paul indicated to St. Timothy: "Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting conscience, certain persons have made shipwreck of their faith."44 To live, grow and persevere in the faith until the end we must nourish it with the word of God; we must beg the Lord to increase our faith;45 it must be "working through charity," abounding in hope, and rooted in the faith of the Church.46

CCC 163

163 Faith makes us taste in advance the light of the beatific vision, the goal of our journey here below. Then we shall see God "face to face", "as he is".47 So faith is already the beginning of eternal life:
When we contemplate the blessings of faith even now, as if gazing at a reflection in a mirror, it is as if we already possessed the wonderful things which our faith assures us we shall one day enjoy.
No that’s all Vatican 2 modernism

Authentic catholic doctrine source
The catechism of pius X or the catechism of the council of Trent!
Thanks

2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Tim 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If you refute this then it could only mean you reject the whole Bible, but I see you posting from it so what is the deal with you.
I don’t refute it
I quoted it
Where does it say context is inspired?

Why do have an interpretation?
I thought the Bible alone was your “only” authority?

Scripture yes
Scripture alone no

Scripture Verses that contradict “sola scriptura”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Tim 3:15
1 Jn 1:3-5
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

The doctrine of the “Bible alone” or the “Bible is the only source of authority” excludes the authority of God, Christ, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the teaching authority of Christ in his apostolic church and the ministry of Angels!
Acts 8:26

There is no church, especially the Catholic church or even the Protestant church, that has ever written scripture. Many have written their own doctrines as they try to indoctrinate their congregation in man's traditional teachings, but man's doctrines are not the true doctrines of Christ for what He gave the Apostles to write as in letters that make up the canon of the New Testament. Man can teach us nothing apart from the Holy Spirit teaching them first, 1John 2:27. We do not abide in the Priest or the Pastor or even a Rabbi, but abide in Christ and His doctrines alone.

Do you think Peter who gave his first sermon on the day of Pentecost spoke his own words or that he spoke by what the Holy Spirit gave him to speak. For that matter Jesus never spoke or did anything that God did not give Him to speak and do.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
The Holy spirit is a gift to the church

Where does it say context is inspired?
I would hope you would know what the full context of scripture means when studying the Bible and all the word of God is inspired for equipping those who are Christ own to teach in all truths. It takes reading above and below a certain scripture that is used in order to understand the whole chapter and also other scriptures throughout the Bible that make reference to that particular scripture.

Take for instance John 11:35 Jesus wept. If you do not have the full context why Jesus wept then you can not teach the full meaning.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

The Pharisees were not equipped nor anointed as they preached truth according to the Torah, but yet lived differently against what they taught others.

The Holy spirit is a gift to the church
1Cor 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Cor 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Cor 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Cor 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1Cor 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Cor 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

It's the collective body that makes up the true church of Christ by that of the Spiritual rebirth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We have talked about this many times. It has nothing to do with any religion that has a name attached to it.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Finally something we can agree on, I hope.

The anointing that was placed on the Apostles by the Holy Spirit is what teaches all of us. Not Priest, not Pastors, not Rabbi, etc. etc. but that anointing being the Holy Spirit that first opened the Spiritual eyes and ears of the Apostles as we study and learn from that same anointing that opens our Spiritual eyes and ears to hear what the Spirit of God is teaching us.
1) if you have you must know what he commanded the apostles in Matt 28:19?
2) why did he command the apostles to teach all men?

The Apostles like all of us that are Christ own makes up the whole body of Christ being the true church of Christ with He being the head of the body

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

God, nor Jesus even recognize organized religions as it's all about having faith in Christ who is our faith.

Acts 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

1Cor 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
Did Christ have a kingdom?

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

And what are you referencing?
You jumped out of our conversation into another, it seems.
Water and the spirit
Baptismal regeneration period

Matt 27:5, Matt 18:35

Context is reading inspired scripture as it was inspired.

2 Tim 2:15 seems to argue against your idea that using scripture correctly is not inspired.
A workmen refers to an apostle not us

I would hope you would know what the full context of scripture means when studying the Bible and all the word of God is inspired for equipping those who are Christ own to teach in all truths. It takes reading above and below a certain scripture that is used in order to understand the whole chapter and also other scriptures throughout the Bible that make reference to that particular scripture.

Take for instance John 11:35 Jesus wept. If you do not have the full context why Jesus wept then you can not teach the full meaning.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

The Pharisees were not equipped nor anointed as they preached truth according to the Torah, but yet lived differently against what they taught others.
Does Jn 14:6 mean what it says?
How does the chapter make Him not the way the truth and the life?

Jn 11:25 how does the rest of the scripture make Him not the resurrection and the life?

1Cor 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Cor 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Cor 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Cor 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1Cor 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Cor 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

It's the collective body that makes up the true church of Christ by that of the Spiritual rebirth and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We have talked about this many times. It has nothing to do with any religion that has a name attached to it.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
So you don’t need scripture?
You don’t need apostles?
You don’t need to obey and submit to ms Christ sent?

Does Jn 14:6 mean what it says?
How does the chapter make Him not the way the truth and the life?

Jn 11:25 how does the rest of the scripture make Him not the resurrection and the life?
What is your point with this as where did I ever say that Jesus is not the way, the truth and the life, or that Jesus is not the resurrection and the life?

Back