Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Matt 23:1-3 question

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Where is that found in history and what is the pagan Roman employee.

It's no wonder many Catholics left the Roman Catholic Church because of all the paganism within it. Big difference between the Roman Catholic Church and what is now the Catholic Church.
Spell check sorry
Pagan Roman empire

What part don’t you get
James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works

“Justified BY WORKS!
Well, I knew you wouldn't get that the definition of 'justified' that James is using in James 2 is not the same definition of 'justified' that Paul is using in Romans 4, even though I explained it. Just read what I wrote for corn's sake! James is not saying a man becomes righteous by works. He's saying a man is shown to be righteous by works - James 2:18. And so a man is, both, made righteous by faith, and shown to be righteous by works. A man can not say he is righteous by faith who has not also shown himself to be righteous by what he does. That kind of 'faith', the faith that is alone and does not have works to validate it as being genuine faith, can not save a person. That is what 'faith alone' means. That is what James is saying. He is not saying a man becomes righteous by having faith and doing works of righteous obedience.

Last edited:
So you are going to refute where it says in Ephesians 2:8 that we are saved by grace, wow.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
How can you explain eph 2:8 and Matt 24:13?

Well, I knew you wouldn't get that the definition of 'justified' that James is using in James 2 is not the same definition of 'justified' that Paul is using in Romans 4, even though I explained it. Just read what I wrote for corn's sake! James is not saying a man becomes righteous by works. He's saying a man is shown to be righteous by works - James 2:18. And so a man is, both, made righteous by faith, and shown to be righteous by works.
Or
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

The Maccabees books were not included in the Hebrew Bible or Tanakh as they are not considered canonical in Judaism. Jewish leaders thought poorly of the rule of the Hasmonean dynasty for many reasons you can look up and a document so openly celebratory of them was problematic.

The Sirach, Ecclesiastes, not to be confused with the book of Ecclesiastics written by King Solomon, is from the Apocrypha "hidden books" was written by a Judahite scribe named Ben Sira (Jesus Sirach) of Jerusalem was only inspired to be written by his father Joshua son of Sirach and not inspired by God.

Some of the Apocrypha is within the Bible, but much of those writings are works outside the canon of scripture not being inspired by God.

BTW you are in violation of the ToS 1.1 and 1.4 for coming against Protestants and if this continues you will be banned from CF. We are here to discuss the different theologies, not to bash them. It would serve you better to stay in the boundary of the Catholic forum to express your beliefs of the Roman Catholic church as that is why these particular forums were set up for as being safe zones.
Sorry no offensive intended
I have nothing against anyone here

The Christian religion is revealed by God not invented by men, otherwise how do even know what the apostles taught was not made up, how do you know what scripture is? 66 books with missing chapters that’s the tradition of men in the English Bible society or 73 books

eph 5:32 acts 9:4 eph 5:24 Jn 15:5
Or Revelation, chapters 2 and 3.

Oh, and thank you for saying "Christian religion" and not Roman Catholic church.

Same thing
Jn 19:16
Matt 16:18
God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18-19) with the keys of jurisdictional authority over the kingdom or new covenant church!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal) All men!

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people. All men!

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world. All men!

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. All men!

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. All men!

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal) All men!

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

Only Jesus Christ has authority to found the church on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18
Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

All others are heretical sects the tradition of men!

Christ is king and established a kingdom!

Or
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Your righteous deeds and your righteous suffering is not what MAKES you righteous. It SHOWS that you believe in and have received, by faith, apart from works, the righteousness that is from God. And so you are made righteous by having it given to you as a free gift, not as reward for righteous work completed. Your works are only the evidence that you possess the perfect righteousness of God that a person must have in order to be judged eligible to enter into the kingdom.

Catholics think they're going to be declared righteous at the judgment based on the merit of their faithful work/suffering. Non-Catholics receive the free gift of God's righteousness by faith in the promise of God's forgiveness of sin and the imputation of the Holy Spirit and are righteous right from the moment they believe and are already declared righteous when they get to the judgment, their works testifying to the fact that they have the only righteousness, God's righteousness, that will qualify them to enter into the eternal kingdom of righteousness at the end of the age.

The bottom line, donadams , is you do not believe in having righteousness given to you as a free gift, but rather you believe that one can only be righteous by being righteous. You are an unbeliever in the very definition of the word. I'm sorry to be so blunt, and it actually bothers me to potentially hurt you with this truth, but you must be told the truth so you can learn the truth and secure the only righteousness, the righteousness of God, given to a person as a free gift through faith, not as payment for righteous work, that will guard you safely through the coming judgment. Your righteous works aren't good enough to protect you from the coming judgment of God. Nobody's are. The only way to be perfectly righteous is to be credited God's perfect righteousness, through faith, as a gift of his grace.

There is and can only be one true:

One God
One Christ
One Savior
One Spirit
One king
One Mediator
One Christian Religion
One New Covenant
One Church / body of Christ
One teaching Authority of apostles
One Gospel
OneVineyard
One Kingdom
One House of God
One Household of faith
One Baptism
One Redemption
One Justification
One Sanctification
One Salvation

Only Jesus Christ had authority to found the holy church on Peter and the apostles and their successors all others are heretical sects of the tradition of men!

The Ark of Salvation!

The church is founded by Christ and the sacraments are instituted by Christ for the salvation of all men!

The church and Jesus are one: acts 9:4 Jn 15:1-5 eph 5:32

The church and the sacraments are necessary for and the means of salvation and the life of grace!

Redemption: Eph 2
Justification: Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Acts 2:38
Sanctification: Jn 1:16 Jn 10:10 Jn 15:5
Salvation: Matt 24:13 Rom 13:11

The body of Christ:
1 Corinthians 12:27

The one true church:
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

The household of faith:
Gal 6:10

The house of God:
1 Tim 3:15

The church of the living God:

The kingdom of God on earth:
Dan 2:44 Matt 6:33 Matt 16:18 Matt 12:28 Mk 1:15 Jn 3:3-5 Acts 8:12 1 Cor 4:20 Col 4:11 1 Thes 2:12 Rev 1:9 12:10

The new and eternal covenant:
The one fold of Christ:

The new covenant body of Christ church is an ark, the ark of Peter, the ark of Noah was a type, all those outside the ark died, and all those outside the church die spiritually, there is no life outside of Noah’s ark and there is no spiritual life or salvation outside of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

The Maccabees books were not included in the Hebrew Bible or Tanakh as they are not considered canonical in Judaism. Jewish leaders thought poorly of the rule of the Hasmonean dynasty for many reasons you can look up and a document so openly celebratory of them was problematic.

The Sirach, Ecclesiastes, not to be confused with the book of Ecclesiastics written by King Solomon, is from the Apocrypha "hidden books" was written by a Judahite scribe named Ben Sira (Jesus Sirach) of Jerusalem was only inspired to be written by his father Joshua son of Sirach and not inspired by God.

Some of the Apocrypha is within the Bible, but much of those writings are works outside the canon of scripture not being inspired by God.

BTW you are in violation of the ToS 1.1 and 1.4 for coming against Protestants and if this continues you will be banned from CF. We are here to discuss the different theologies, not to bash them. It would serve you better to stay in the boundary of the Catholic forum to express your beliefs of the Roman Catholic church as that is why these particular forums were set up for as being safe zones.
Do you believe the Bible is the sole authority?
If so I guess you can’t believe in the reformation cos it’s not in the Bible. No authority from Christ!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18-19) with the keys of jurisdictional authority over the kingdom or new covenant church!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal) All men!

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. All men!

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. All men!

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal) All men!

Only Jesus Christ has authority to found the church on Peter and the apostles! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18

Hi D,
Sounds like you've been reading Scott Hahn.
Good stuff.

But you shouldn't call other denominations heretical unless you include the definition of the word and show that makes them heretical.

Remember, if the CC had stayed true to Jesus' teachings and to those of the Apostolic Fathers, the Reformation would not have been necessary.
I'm sorry we have so many denominations, but the responsibility must be picked up by who caused it,,,and we all know it was the CC with the changes it had made from the beginning times.

Do you believe the Bible is the sole authority?
If so I guess you can’t believe in the reformation cos it’s not in the Bible. No authority from Christ!
Yes I do believe the Bible, which I use the KJV, is the sole authority, plus the history that is contained in it for us to know truth through the Holy Spirit teaching us.

Considering the Protestant Reformation began in Wittenburg, Germany in 1517 and the Roman Catholic Church came from the Roman Empire in the first century I will believe the letters written by the Prophets and Apostles to be the only grounds for all truths as all being inspired of God to write.

This is what I believe:

2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

What I involve myself in is the Father, his Son Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit as that is all I need to teach me.

1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I don't abide in Priest or Pastors as all are fallible, including myself as I have been shown many times where I was wrong and the Holy Spirit worked through those that have more Spiritual knowledge than I have to correct me. Only God is infallible.

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Why do you continue to add to scripture the word Catholic when it is not written in them and why do you refute Ephesians 2:8-9.

Pharisees/hypocrites are in every religion/denomination/non-denomination. They love to be seen in the market place but yet are blind fools leading others astray.

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Re Matthew 16:18

The way you write it by writing Catholic=Universal, or V V, makes it seem that you are adding to scripture. Please stop doing this.

Everything written in the bible infers that the church of Jesus is referring to the Kingdom of God on earth, right now.

For instance, atheists are not part of the New Covenant but only those that believe and worship God.

Scripture Verses that contradict “sola scriptura”!

Matt 5:14
Matt 18:17
Matt 28:19
Lk 1:4
Lk 10:16
Jn 8:32
Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21
Acts 1:8
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:26
Acts 8:31
Acts 18:25
Rom 10:15
1 cor 11:23
1 thes 2:23
2 thes 2:15
Col 2:7
Eph 4:5
Heb 13:7
Heb 13:17
1 Jn 1:3-5
2 Jn 1:12
Jude 1:3

How can it be said scripture is “sole authority” or the only source of truth or the rule of faith when scripture says we must hear the church Matt 18:17 the apostles are the light of the world Matt 5:14 we must hold the doctrine of the apostles acts 2:42 the church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15
You think God doesn't know what He is doing with His own people? The Israelites had the Old Testament. They protected it and when they made copies and made a 'comma' mistake they threw the whole copy away. Their copies were exactly what God had said through His prophets and other writings by their leadership and servants.

One more thing, the Scripture was given TO and FOR His people in Covenant. It was not given to the Gentiles that surrounded Israel. The Word of God was for believers ONLY. Same as today. When you read the Bible - hopefully you have a good translation, and the best translation is the King James Version - read it in context to WHO the Word of God was written to: Believers in Covenant with God.
It was not written to unsaved unbelievers. It was not written to that world of people.

Back