Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Message to GOD"S elect

:):) Praise, honor and Glory be to Jesus Christ our Saviour now and forever.
You know who you are and our Lord knows who are his. We belong to him!
Times are rapidly moving toward the end of all things as we know them, and all is in God's perfect control. Brethern, resit to the end and be rewarded by him when he returns to get us. He is our hope and our rightousness.
The most successfull doctrine of men and the devil, is their rejecting of Limited Attonment. This is widely taught and accepted, embraced and heard in most churches today. We know this is as it should be. Resist this terrible lie at all times.
There is no need to expound on this because this message is to his election and those who are not his will not understand unless he has mercy upon them and opens their eyes as only he can do. They HATE the true gospil of a Soverign God and they will fight against it.
But we embrace this glorious wonderfull fact that he died for his choosen people and we can rest in that forever. HE alone gives life.
Praise him for HIS mercy and HIS grace and HIS completed work and that he alone and by himself took ALL our sins away forever. His name is JESUS CHRIST the LORD and SAVIOUR and he RULES right now on his throne as The Soverign and GREAT GOD he is. Rejoice that he included you and know you are not alone. I precieve that on this site their are a few (not many) who are his.

Well said. God most definately does all things for the good of his people. And we can in this life praise him for his work, which we are........

I precieve that on this site their are a few (not many) who are his.
Do you mean that there are only a few people on this forum? Agreeed.
But if you are saying that only a FEW of the posters here are Christians - then I find your post offensive.

Simply stated:
I disagree with many of the posters here on a lot of stuff. Like the guy who says he hears trumpets when there are none around him.
But I would never say that the "trumpet hearer" is not "His". :naughty

I hope I have misunderstood your post.

Just claiming to be a christian does not make it so but only in Name. Anyone can claim to be his but all who do so are not nessacarally his. You did not mis-understand me at all. There are a few true elected, faithfull christians on this site and I am thankfull for each precious one that belongs to him. Believeing on him is not enough as even the devil believes he is the Christ. It is God who saves his people, not your claiming him as your saviour. So many people today claim him with their lips but their heart is not right with God and will never be unless God gives them a new heart. But there are some faithfull rement at any given time and thank God this is so. He's the great saviour of all his people and men cannot change that, no matter what they say or claim. I hope you belong to him........................and not in words only.

Well said. God most definately does all things for the good of his people. And we can in this life praise him for his work, which we are........

The Devil(Satan) Himself teaches limited atonement. You have it flip flopped.

The Sovereignty of God has not saved ONE person since the Dawn of Man. The Justice of God through His Grace has saved ANYONE who has believed. Christ satisfied The Fathers Justice on the Cross. The only way to the Father Is through Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross. And His Sovereignty said," one must believe to be saved."

Do you believe in Jesus Christ? Why do you consider it NOT a work for you? If you believe that you were just "elected" and saved, you are on Dangerous ground. One has to believe in His Heart( right Lobe,mind) to be saved.

[MENTION=95330]gr8grace[/MENTION]: I think we are probably talking cross-purposes as to what sovereignty is. In the way I would use the word, Ephesians chapter 2, verses 1 thru 10 are a glorious declaration of the sovereignty of God in the work of Christ for sinners.

Blessings.

[MENTION=95330]gr8grace[/MENTION]: I think we are probably talking cross-purposes as to what sovereignty is. In the way I would use the word, Ephesians chapter 2, verses 1 thru 10 are a glorious declaration of the sovereignty of God in the work of Christ for sinners.

Blessings.

I would use Eph 2:1-10 as a Glorious declaration of How GRACE found us.

Blessings.

I would use Eph 2:1-10 as a Glorious declaration of How GRACE found us.

Amen! :) I guess we're using terminology.

Blessings.

Post 6 says all that need be said, but I'm a talker so here I go:

Believeing on him is not enough as even the devil believes he is the Christ.
That is weird logic - the DEVIL did not accept his gift of salvation and THAT is the problem!

It is God who saves his people, not your claiming him as your saviour.
Christ went to the cross, and His sacrifice there is what saves people. All that is needed, is to BELIVE and ACCEPT Him as saviour.
Christ said so with his own words.

As was stated in post 6, you are preaching a horrible theology. "Limited Atonement" is both an obtuse concept, and very confusing. This makes it very destructive.

It is not a work of mine. It is the work of God. I can add nothing nor take nothing away from HIS work and it is HIS faith he gives to believe only on him. I believe Jesus Christ is my Saviour and I give him ALL the glory, honor and praise to him as he allows me to do so. I have ceased from my work, trying to please him, which can never be. Only one pleases God and that is Jesus Christ the Lord. When God sees me he sees his son, and NEVER anything I would ever say or do. He alone is our hope and our rightousness. And just believing is not enough if he has not given you a new spirit and a new heart as only he can do. Anyone can say they believe. I hope you belong to him, but if you continue to trust in your works, you may have a ways to go. Only he can save anyone and I hope he is working in you.

The Justice of God condemns all men and demands our perfection. We cannot render that to God but there is one who did. That is the Soverign,
and pefect Saviour who did it all. One scripture comes to mind. That is Plsm 14:1 through 3 and spoken of again in Romans 3:10 through 20. If men believed in their heart, it is because God Gave them new heart to do so. Thank God he has a people.

When the scriptures say NONE are rightous, NONE do good, NONE understand, NONE seek GOD and then by the deeds of the Law there shall be no flesh justified in his site, what then can you offer. Answer NOTHING. If God looks down upon men and does not see his son, we are lost.

And yes I believe I was elected and saved by his mecry and His Grace and I am on firm, stong ground of Christ the Lord in me. Again who will believe? NONE None but God's elect, choosen by him before the world was made. He chose, them, paid the price in blood for THERE sins,
and he lives and rules on his throne right now over all his creation. We are his blood bought children who thank him daily for what HE did, does and will do.

It is not a work of mine. It is the work of God. I can add nothing nor take nothing away from HIS work and it is HIS faith he gives to believe only on him. I believe Jesus Christ is my Saviour and I give him ALL the glory, honor and praise to him as he allows me to do so. I have ceased from my work, trying to please him, which can never be. Only one pleases God and that is Jesus Christ the Lord. When God sees me he sees his son, and NEVER anything I would ever say or do. He alone is our hope and our rightousness. And just believing is not enough if he has not given you a new spirit and a new heart as only he can do. Anyone can say they believe. I hope you belong to him, but if you continue to trust in your works, you may have a ways to go. Only he can save anyone and I hope he is working in you.

The Justice of God condemns all men and demands our perfection. We cannot render that to God but there is one who did. That is the Soverign,
and pefect Saviour who did it all. One scripture comes to mind. That is Plsm 14:1 through 3 and spoken of again in Romans 3:10 through 20. If men believed in their heart, it is because God Gave them new heart to do so. Thank God he has a people.

When the scriptures say NONE are rightous, NONE do good, NONE understand, NONE seek GOD and then by the deeds of the Law there shall be no flesh justified in his site, what then can you offer. Answer NOTHING. If God looks down upon men and does not see his son, we are lost.

And yes I believe I was elected and saved by his mecry and His Grace and I am on firm, stong ground of Christ the Lord in me. Again who will believe? NONE None but God's elect, choosen by him before the world was made. He chose, them, paid the price in blood for THERE sins,
and he lives and rules on his throne right now over all his creation. We are his blood bought children who thank him daily for what HE did, does and will do.

John 6:29~~Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Josefnospam, From all the posts I have read from you, I assume that you are a new believer or have found a place that is teaching Hyper- Calvinism that is antagonizing your personal choice. You need to make sure that your belief is your OWN when it comes to believing in The Lord Jesus Christ. It is on your shoulders, you have to believe with your personal volition to be saved.

"That YOU believe" in John 6:29 is in the ACTIVE voice in the Greek. The Active Voice commands us the we have to use our personal volition and God does not violate our freewill.

gr8grace........I am on solid and wonderfull ground with Christ as my Rock of salvation. Calvin does not save anyone. Doctrines do not save anyone. Jesus Christ saves his people. I know Jesus Christ is my Saviour and my Lord and he has done it all. i can add nothing. Galations 3:2 asks the question Did you recieve the spirit by the works of the Law or by the hearing of faith. Having begun in the Spirit (giving by Christ) are you made pefrect by the flesh. I believe in him and his finished work which so many today want to add to what he did, or allow him to help them. I am not a new believer, and the belief and faith to believe is his. I am thankfull he gave me the faith to believe ONLY on and in him. His elect are the sons of God. We love him because he first loved us.
I hope you see that focus on any person in any manner takes the eyes off focusing on Him alone and HIS glorious wonderfull work. I rest is him.
We are not here to tell people what great things we have done for God but rather what great things God has done for us.
His mercy is great and he is the perfect saviour and will NEVER fail to save anyone whom he chooses. Were helpless before an almight God and people don't like that. I do hope you belong to him as I do. Once again I BELIEVE in HIM and he is my rightousness, my hope,and my Saviour. Yes you have to believe and I do because he gave me the faith and the spirit to do so.

God does not love all people..if he did no one would go to hell.
Christ does not pray for all men (John 17:9 and 20). If he did none would perish.
He did not die for all men....If he did none would be required to suffer for their sins, or else he would be a failure.
The holy Spirit is not trying to save all sinners. If he were all would be saved or else he would not be God. God does not TRY to do anything. He does what he wills and who can stay his hand.
His Blood was not shed in vain and now he needs your permision or acceptance to apply that presious Blood. This is not calvinism but solid Bible truths. Calvinish saves no one. Jesus Christ the Lord alone and by himself does and I thank him daily and believe in ONLY him.

This is the work of God, that you believe in him..........Only in him. Romans 8:10 thru 20 says there are NONE seek God, nor does Good.

If you believe scripture this is a quote from Plsm 14 where he states this again. None no not one................so who seeks God or does good? ONE and only ONE and he is Jesus CHRIST the LORD and Saviour reigning over his creation right now, giving life to whomsoever he wills..

Ye have NOT choosen me but I have choosen you and ordained you..........John 15:16
So then it is not of him that WILLITH nor of him that runneth but of God that shows mercy..........Romans 9:16
For the children being not yet born, neither having done good or evil, THAT THE PURPOSE of God according to ELECTION might stand, not of works but of him who calls...Romans 9:11
There are many others but time and space is limited. May he bless you as only he can Do.

gr8grace........I am on solid and wonderfull ground with Christ as my Rock of salvation. Calvin does not save anyone. Doctrines do not save anyone. Jesus Christ saves his people. I know Jesus Christ is my Saviour and my Lord and he has done it all. i can add nothing. Galations 3:2 asks the question Did you recieve the spirit by the works of the Law or by the hearing of faith. Having begun in the Spirit (giving by Christ) are you made pefrect by the flesh. I believe in him and his finished work which so many today want to add to what he did, or allow him to help them. I am not a new believer, and the belief and faith to believe is his. I am thankfull he gave me the faith to believe ONLY on and in him. His elect are the sons of God. We love him because he first loved us.
I hope you see that focus on any person in any manner takes the eyes off focusing on Him alone and HIS glorious wonderfull work. I rest is him.
We are not here to tell people what great things we have done for God but rather what great things God has done for us.
His mercy is great and he is the perfect saviour and will NEVER fail to save anyone whom he chooses. Were helpless before an almight God and people don't like that. I do hope you belong to him as I do. Once again I BELIEVE in HIM and he is my rightousness, my hope,and my Saviour. Yes you have to believe and I do because he gave me the faith and the spirit to do so.

God does not love all people..if he did no one would go to hell.
Christ does not pray for all men (John 17:9 and 20). If he did none would perish.
He did not die for all men....If he did none would be required to suffer for their sins, or else he would be a failure.
The holy Spirit is not trying to save all sinners. If he were all would be saved or else he would not be God. God does not TRY to do anything. He does what he wills and who can stay his hand.
His Blood was not shed in vain and now he needs your permision or acceptance to apply that presious Blood. This is not calvinism but solid Bible truths. Calvinish saves no one. Jesus Christ the Lord alone and by himself does and I thank him daily and believe in ONLY him.

This is the work of God, that you believe in him..........Only in him. Romans 8:10 thru 20 says there are NONE seek God, nor does Good.

If you believe scripture this is a quote from Plsm 14 where he states this again. None no not one................so who seeks God or does good? ONE and only ONE and he is Jesus CHRIST the LORD and Saviour reigning over his creation right now, giving life to whomsoever he wills..

Ye have NOT choosen me but I have choosen you and ordained you..........John 15:16
So then it is not of him that WILLITH nor of him that runneth but of God that shows mercy..........Romans 9:16
For the children being not yet born, neither having done good or evil, THAT THE PURPOSE of God according to ELECTION might stand, not of works but of him who calls...Romans 9:11
There are many others but time and space is limited. May he bless you as only he can Do. If this is a duplicate of the same post I am sorry

John 6:29~~Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Josefnospam, From all the posts I have read from you, I assume that you are a new believer or have found a place that is teaching Hyper- Calvinism that is antagonizing your personal choice. You need to make sure that your belief is your OWN when it comes to believing in The Lord Jesus Christ. It is on your shoulders, you have to believe with your personal volition to be saved.

"That YOU believe" in John 6:29 is in the ACTIVE voice in the Greek. The Active Voice commands us the we have to use our personal volition and God does not violate our freewill.
gr8grace, I am disappointed to hear you accuse Josefnospam of "Hyper-Calvinism." This seems to me to be a misrepresentation of his position and mere name calling. I have not noticed such behavior in you before. I hope this is an isolated incidence.

Also, you are misrepresenting Josefnospams position and also that of reformed people when you accuse us of denying the volition of the will in faith. That is a misrepresentation. What reformed people do teach is that God changes the nature of a man (josefnospam correctly alluded to the change of heart). So then, when a person is changed by God, he wants to believe, he desires to believe, and he will believe. Thus I would suggest that both Josefnospam and myself would be in complete agreement with the active voice.

On the other hand, you seem to again make mistakes in you understanding of the koine greek. Commands are not related by the active voice, but rather the imperative mood, or hortatory subjunctive mood is how the greek language give commands. While the verb πιστευητε is subjunctive, it is not a hortatory subjunctive, and thus not a command.

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
The verse has nothing in it to suggest all men have the ability to believe. What it teaches is that if we have faith, this is the work of God. The normal libertarian free will position postulates that faith is the work of man for God. The scripture does not teach that, but teaches that faith is the work of God in man. So then, Christ is not only the savior, but the author and finisher of our faith. Christ is the savior, and the one who works in our choices, will, and volition to produce faith in us.

If you go on in the same Chapter... john 6:44 also makes this same scriptural teaching clear.
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.
Notice here the inability of men to "come to me" or have faith. Notice how the context again speaks of faith as the work of God. Our volitional and willfully chosen faith comes only when God sovereignly draws men. The end of vs 44 makes it clear that each and everyone drawn is raise up to eternal life in the last day, or is saved. So then, if men do not believe, it is because they are not drawn. If men do choose to believe, it is the work of God in man, and not the work of man for God. If faith were the work of man for God, it would be meritorious and then faith would be a synergistic work that cooperates with Gods part and then salvation would not be totally by grace, but only partially by grace.

gr8grace, I am disappointed to hear you accuse Josefnospam of "Hyper-Calvinism." Also, the comment that "the devil believes in limited atonement" sounds like you intend to join the ranks of those just looking to flame anyone they disagree with. I hope these are isolated incidences and that you do not intend to continue such behavior.

Also, you are misrepresenting Josefnospams position and also that of reformed people when you accuse us of denying the volition of the will in faith. That is a misrepresentation. What reformed people do teach is that God changes the nature of a man (josefnospam correctly alluded to the change of heart). So then, when a person is changed by God, he wants to believe, he desires to believe, and he will believe. Thus I would suggest that both Josefnospam and myself would be in complete agreement with the active voice.

On the other hand, you seem to again make mistakes in you understanding of the koine greek. Commands are not related by the active voice, but rather the imperative mood, or hortatory subjunctive mood is how the greek language give commands. While the verb πιστευητε is subjunctive, it is not a hortatory subjunctive, and thus not a command.

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
The verse has nothing in it to suggest all men have the ability to believe. What it teaches is that if we have faith, this is the work of God. The normal libertarian free will position postulates that faith is the work of man for God. The scripture does not teach that, but teaches that faith is the work of God in man. So then, Christ is not only the savior, but the author and finisher of our faith. Christ is the savior, and the one who works in our choices, will, and volition to produce faith in us.

If you go on in the same Chapter... john 6:44 also makes this same scriptural teaching clear.
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.
Notice here the inability of men to "come to me" or have faith. Notice how the context again speaks of faith as the work of God. Our volitional and willfully chosen faith comes only when God sovereignly draws men. The end of vs 44 makes it clear that each and everyone drawn is raise up to eternal life in the last day, or is saved. So then, if men do not believe, it is because they are not drawn. If men do choose to believe, it is the work of God in man, and not the work of man for God. If faith were the work of man for God, it would be meritorious and then faith would be a synergistic work that cooperates with Gods part and then salvation would not be totally by grace, but only partially by grace.

gr8grace, I am disappointed to hear you accuse Josefnospam of "Hyper-Calvinism." This seems to me to be a misrepresentation of his position and mere name calling. I have not noticed such behavior in you before. I hope this is an isolated incidence.

Back