Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My Challenge is.....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
oscar3 said:
Mut
don't u know that the apostle Paul used the KJV to preach :-? everybody knows that? And another thing. When Jesus was preaching to nicodemas he too was quoting the KJV :wink:

:-D Thats probably why so few people understand it then . . .

oscar3 said:
Mut
don't u know that the apostle Paul used the KJV to preach :-? everybody knows that? And another thing. When Jesus was preaching to nicodemas he too was quoting the KJV :wink:
Oscar....

How could ANYONE read the KJV.....when it was not written until many, many, centuries AFTER......the Apostles ?

The Apostle Paul taught, out of the OLD TESTAMENT writings.

Solo said:
If you do not understand justification, then you most likely do not understand abiding IN CHRIST. I pose a simple question that is answered by the fundamental understanding of salvation, and you refuse to answer. Why is that?
If you would like to understand Paul's writings in Romans, let me know and I will teach you.

I agree. You obviously don’t understand either ‘justification’ or ‘abiding in Christ.’ As for your simple question, I scanned your last few posts and found nothing you asked that I did not answer. You may not have liked my answer, but I never refused to answer. If you were so interested in my answering a specific question, what was it? It would be more sensible to simply ask it than chiding me for not answering it, yet you refuse to ask it. Why is that?

I have no need that any man teach me Romans, Solo. I have the Spirit of God who teaches the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I have access to as many ‘great’ Bible commentaries as you and none of them is worth what two words from the Spirit of God is.

unred typo said:
I agree. You obviously don’t understand either ‘justification’ or ‘abiding in Christ.’ As for your simple question, I scanned your last few posts and found nothing you asked that I did not answer. You may not have liked my answer, but I never refused to answer. If you were so interested in my answering a specific question, what was it? It would be more sensible to simply ask it than chiding me for not answering it, yet you refuse to ask it. Why is that?

I have no need that any man teach me Romans, Solo. I have the Spirit of God who teaches the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I have access to as many ‘great’ Bible commentaries as you and none of them is worth what two words from the Spirit of God is.
Let me put it to you as simply as I know how, and change from a question to an opportunity for you to explain your understanding concerning being born again:

Explain what occurs when one is born again.

cybershark5886 said:
Actually Solo, without trying to sound arrogant, I think if you look at my treatment of this you'll see that I have it correct: that God's purification and our utilization of God's grace for purification work in tandem. "Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 7:1). And we are empowered to do so by God's grace, which is effectually credited to God. We are also to work out our own salvation. Read my last post please. I attempt to explore this paradox.

And the reason that the Bible speaks so certainly of the saints having been purified is because any person who is truely saved will persevere and not apostacize, and will thus santify themselves with God's power. "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." (Revelation 19:7)
I was speaking that I thought that golfjack was wrong in his assertion that we had to have part in purifying our soul, spirit, and body. I made the attempt to explain that apart from the salvation of God almighty provided through His Son Jesus Christ as the Spirit quickens the natural man in order that he/she can repent, believe, and follow Jesus Christ, that man will not be purified.

The Spirit of man is purified when he/she is born again by the quickening of the Holy Spirit.
The Soul of man will be sanctified through gradual purification as one transforms the soul by the renewing of the mind through the Word of God.
The Body of man will be purified when glorified at the return of Jesus Christ.

Perseverance of the born again believer is part and parcel of being in Christ Jesus.

Perhaps you and I agree.

Solo said:
Let me put it to you as simply as I know how, and change from a question to an opportunity for you to explain your understanding concerning being born again:

Explain what occurs when one is born again.

Good question. Thank you for this opportunity. As I have explained, we can’t see into a person’s heart and soul to know what really occurs or when a person is born again. That is what God does and he knows when a person is ready for this. It seems to occur in stages of development, much like a baby being formed in the womb. When the word of God is heard and thought about and finally understood, then the person has the choice to follow it or reject it. If they reject it, chances are they will hear it again until in rejecting it so many times, they become calloused to it and shut their ears. Eventually a seed can’t penetrate, and a person is lost forever.

Those who hear, understand and follow it begin the process of being born of the Spirit. As they yield to the Spirit, the seed takes root and grows.
1 Peter 1:22 Seeing you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that you love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which lives and abides for ever.
The word of God is more than the words in a book. It has life in it. The Spirit of God can take the things of God and show them to us. When we listen, and obey, we grow. When we close our ears to the truth, we don’t grow. We can even waste away until there is no life left in us. Then a new seed must be sown in our hearts, and begin again. With each person it is different.

2 Peter 1:2-10 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

As in our human lives, we may lose the ‘new creature’ before it is born, but God can send us a new seed of the word and this one may produce fruit. How long this takes, and how successful it is depends on our willingness to obey and allow love to grow in our hearts. God is love. The seed of God will produce love and the born again person will be known by his love. Even though we may be born again, we can neglect the new birth and we will not mature in it. I don’t know all there is know about this subject but it is good to discuss it and grow in our knowledge of the truth of the matter. Some things only God knows. As the 'good doctor' on Star Trek should say, I’m not a doctor…
but God is the great physician. He has advice that, when followed, will bring us safe to heaven. Obey him.

The Soul of man will be sanctified through gradual purification as one transforms the soul by the renewing of the mind through the Word of God.

This is where the real battle happens though, and the occasional defeat and trip up over sin. But the point is you fight it and try to ward of the lust of the flesh with the Power of the Spirit within you.

cybershark5886 said:
This is where the real battle happens though, and the occasional defeat and trip up over sin. But the point is you fight it and try to ward of the lust of the flesh with the Power of the Spirit within you.

And, Jesus Christ has promised that any person who wants VICTORY over sin can have that VICTORY !
(2 Corinthians 10:5.......Romans 12:2........Psalms 51:1-10.......Jude 1:24....Titus 2:11-15....ect....ect....ect....)

ONLY those who overcome sin as Jesus Cjrist overcame it, will be able to sit with HIM, in heaven (Revelation 3:21).

Back