Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Naomi Wolf: Baby Deaths Skyrocketing Among Vaccinated Mothers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
ever heard of Godwin's Law? It states that the longer a conversation continues, the more likely someone is to mention Hitler or the Nazis. Yep, I was waiting for this.
It’s not a law. It’s a weak defense used when the best known examples of evil behavior are invoked. There is no answer so you invoke some “law” because you don’t want to admit that it’s true, scientists participated and conducted cruel medical experiments. Shall I use the ones done in the US against black men? Would you like me to involve evil American scientists instead? Which fancy named law is that now? Do you want to hear that scientists today cannot be completed trusted and they don’t trust each other? Is that more comfortable? It’s 100% true.
That's ridiculous. That's like if we found a new animal species (which happens often, and in fossils), and someone said "That's not a new species, we've known about its family for years now!"
No, a disease caused organism that is related to other another disease causing organism is not at “all the same.” For treatment and recovery it is vital. Your lack of education is showing. (When tested before those jabs were out, 40% of the population here had antibodies and were never i’ll. They said it was similar virus giving protection.)
Anti-vaccine propaganda is something I have firsthand experience with in my family, and it is very similar to other types of propaganda such as anti evolution. So it is easy for me to see through it.

You need to then ask people if they never get vaccines or just don’t see the need for this one. The first time I went to Asia I was asked if I wanted the cholera vaccine. The decision was fully mine. Those were the days of choice when it came to what is injected.
Unsurprising, you are a scientist but not in a relevant field. Thus your experience is no more relevant than is a NT scholar to the Hebrew Bible.
Wrong. I work in medical research. My field is relevant but not an expert. But as I said, elementary thinking with an average medical understanding is sufficient to question the narrative. Didn’t take extensive training to see the lies. They were bold faced. But what is certain is that I know more than you do on this.

Beware of not thinking and merely swallowing what you are told. You question christianity. Try questioning something else for a change.

It’s not a law. It’s a weak defense used when the best known examples of evil behavior are invoked. There is no answer so you invoke some “law” because you don’t want to admit that it’s true, scientists participated and conducted cruel medical experiments. Shall I use the ones done in the US against black men? Would you like me to involve evil American scientists instead? Which fancy named law is that now? Do you want to hear that scientists today cannot be completed trusted and they don’t trust each other? Is that more comfortable? It’s 100% true.

No, a disease caused organism that is related to other another disease causing organism is not at “all the same.” For treatment and recovery it is vital. Your lack of education is showing. (When tested before those jabs were out, 40% of the population here had antibodies and were never i’ll. They said it was similar virus giving protection.)

You need to then ask people if they never get vaccines or just don’t see the need for this one. The first time I went to Asia I was asked if I wanted the cholera vaccine. The decision was fully mine. Those were the days of choice when it came to what is injected.

Wrong. I work in medical research. My field is relevant but not an expert. But as I said, elementary thinking with an average medical understanding is sufficient to question the narrative. Didn’t take extensive training to see the lies. They were bold faced. But what is certain is that I know more than you do on this.

Beware of not thinking and merely swallowing what you are told. You question christianity. Try questioning something else for a change.
People use Hitler as a tool to support their own views.
My point in citing the thing about animal species was just to show you that it is correct to say COVID is a new virus.
It is important to get the vaccine for the protection of others even if you don't normally get vaccines. But then, anti-vaccers typically do not wear masks either, so since when have they cared about the safety of others?
What specific part of medical research and what degree?
Sorry, but it is the anti-vax crowd that swallows without thinking. Such as JLB with Naomi Wolf.

The problem is this. When one is dealing with a person who has accepted the public narrative, no scientific protest to that story will suffice. There is too much emotional baggage there.
One could also say the same when a person has accepted far-right propaganda and misinformation, such as yourself. The main point is though, you don't even try to provide evidence for your claims. This strongly implies that you have none and your position is without basis.

I do know enough about science and medical research to see the flaws in the narrative but that was easy.
Such as?

But if a person has chosen to believe the government, there are ample journalists and scientists who will stand with them. It’s profitable to do so. At my work we only talk behind closed doors when we find a fellow doubter (some of whom got the shots and ended up in ER.)
And, yet, many Christian scientists, some with relevant expertise, including one in one of the links I provided, do not support your position. To suggest that they only do so because it is profitable for them or because they're too afraid, is to judge them in an un-Christlike manner.

If one doesn’t want to think but merely believe, no input will change anything.
Agreed.

People use Hitler as a tool to support their own views.
Actually many people studied those events to see how a democratic and decent nation could be turned into comply with government demands even when outright evil. They researched how this happens.
My point in citing the thing about animal species was just to show you that it is correct to say COVID is a new virus.
No, it is not correct. When a new species is found, we don’t say it’s an entirely never been seen kind of creature. We put it into KNOWN categories. Again, you haven’t been to college yet and sometimes it shows.
It is important to get the vaccine for the protection of others even if you don't normally get vaccines.
No, it doesn’t play any role. They lied. The vaccinate can spread the virus easily and now they get the illness easily. Try doubting the narrative.
But then, anti-vaccers typically do not wear masks either, so since when have they cared about the safety of others?
The pro chose when it comes to what is injected also wear masks. Of course the anti-choice group doesn’t care about VARS sufferers.
What specific part of medical research and what degree?
Sorry, but it is the anti-vax crowd that swallows without thinking. Such as JLB with Naomi Wolf.
Your lack of formal education is showing. But as I said, fir the anti-choice crowd, seeing that governments lie on important matters is too horrible to realize. It’s better to believe. No science can penetrate that shield.

Actually many people studied those events to see how a democratic and decent nation could be turned into comply with government demands even when outright evil. They researched how this happens.

No, it is not correct. When a new species is found, we don’t say it’s an entirely never been seen kind of creature. We put it into KNOWN categories. Again, you haven’t been to college yet and sometimes it shows.

No, it doesn’t play any role. They lied. The vaccinate can spread the virus easily and now they get the illness easily. Try doubting the narrative.

The pro chose when it comes to what is injected also wear masks. Of course the anti-choice group doesn’t care about VARS sufferers.

Your lack of formal education is showing. But as I said, fir the anti-choice crowd, seeing that governments lie on important matters is too horrible to realize. It’s better to believe. No science can penetrate that shield.
Try making an actual argument and stop bringing up irrelevant topics such as whether I happened to be born long enough ago to go to college.

Try making an actual argument and stop bringing up irrelevant topics such as whether I happened to be born long enough ago to go to college.
The problem is you lack some understanding that will get with college. New species are not entirely new creatures. The corona virus was mild in 90% + cases because we already had immunity. They lied.

The problem is you lack some understanding that will get with college. New species are not entirely new creatures. The corona virus was mild in 90% + cases because we already had immunity. They lied.
Wait what? I'll need some proof that that is the reason.

Oh, goodie, I didn't even realize there was a conspiracy forum!

I got two Moderna shots and one booster. I wore a mask pretty faithfully for the first year. I haven't worn a mask or given COVID a thought in a year or so. And I'm 72. If I haven't been exposed to COVID at least 50 times by now, it would be a miracle. At this point, the equation is either (1) continue to live my life as though COVID were some combination of the Boogie Man and the Bubonic Plague or (2) live a normal life and accept that I'll deal with COVID if any when I get it.

Yes, there is lots of bizarre conspiracy thinking surrounding COVID. Christian talk radio is almost frightening in the bizarre stuff that otherwise seemingly sane people say.

However, my semi-rational position is that:
  1. COVID was/is a serious disease to be taken seriously that did, in fact, kill lots of people.

2. The worldwide hysterical reaction to COVID seems excessive to an almost fantastic degree, unless the medical community knows something dire about the disease that we aren't being told. This isn't conspiracy-think on my part. I simply ask "What is the explanation for this disease being treated as potentially The End of Civilization As We Know It when even the worst flu outbreaks are pretty much greeted with a big yawn?" I lived through the AIDS scare, which was genuinely frightening to me, and pretty much no one did anything significant.

3. OK, this may be incipient conspiracy-think, but it does seem to me that the pandemic very quickly became an experiment in social control on a nearly worldwide basis. It certainly appears to me that some very influential community of persons quickly realized the pandemic had handed them a golden opportunity on a platter and they proceeded to take full advantage of it: "Let's see the extent to which sheeple will accept an unprecedented level of governmental control and diminution of their rights." I would guess the experiment was successful beyond the experimenters' wildest dreams. Assuming this has any validity, the questions are (1) who were the experimenters and (2) how will they use what they have learned?

4. The pandemic was obviously a massive financial windfall for the pharmaceutical, medical and related communities. This is so "par for the course" that conspiracy-think is unnecessary. Of course there were all the usual shenanigans when hundreds of billions of dollars are at stake, but we live with this reality all the time.

5. As it happens, most of my friends are highly intelligent professionals who are not Christians. Yet they almsot all fail to see anything such as I am describing in #2 and #3. They all believe COVID is a ghastly, deadly disease; the medical and governmental response was and is entirely appropriate; and that's all there is to it.
Ironically, I live in one of the worst areas of the country in terms of COVID deaths and vaccination rates, due principally to the proximity of Native American reservations. Most of my neighbors don't appear to have taken the pandemic seriously AT ALL - no masks, lots of hugging and exchanging food. I know - not very well - precisely ONE person who died of COVID, and that was after he went to a concert in Phoenix. His live-in girlfriend and his parents, who live in the same house, never even tested positive. I don't believe it's conspiracy-think to ask "What is wrong with this picture?"

COVID-19 is pretty ghastly. One of my sons-in-law lost both parents in a matter of about 11 days, and they died hard. What's still unclear is how long the neurological and other symptoms from "long-haulers" (who often had very mild infections, but now have persistent disabilities) will last. If they tend to be permanent, the cost to society and individuals will be greater than the million + Americans who died.

The consequences of not being vaccinated continue to increase.

I knew several people who died of COVID-19. Which is probably normal; about one American in every 350 Americans died of the disease so far. I suppose I currently know perhaps a thousand people well enough to say "hi" when encountering them, which statistically would be about right, for the number I know who died.

It is worth mentioning as well that it is not just about deaths. Sure, most people will statistically survive, but quite a number now have long COVID. I know two people who died from COVID, two who almost died, and three with long COVID. Two of the latter are young women, and debilitating fatigue is the most common, although not only, symptom. There is also a young woman at church who has a friend in the U.S. whose husband got COVID in March of 2021 and is now in immediate need of a lung transplant due to post-COVID respiratory failure. The estimates I've seen thus far are that anywhere from 10-30% of people who get COVID get long COVID. People have even lost homes because they can't work anymore. What is interesting is that a person can get it more than once, and yet some people don't get it at all, even after multiple exposures.

I would disagree with point #3 to an extent. While it is possible some governments used the pandemic as a social control experiment, the more likely scenario is that most understand human behaviour, the biggest wildcard in any emergency. Similar to the fight, flight, or freeze response, some people just did not care, some automatically did what they could to protect themselves and others, and the rest didn't know what to do. Governments had to act and implement mandates to protect as many people as possible from the first group and to give guidance to the last so that they would act. And I believe some of these same measures were done successfully in past pandemics. Unfortunately, too much misinformation and disinformation came out, misleading a lot of people and resulted in deaths that were quite likely preventable.

When personal rights get put above social responsibility for the health and welfare of others, which is based on Scripture, then there is a problem. Several "friends" on social media were adamant that once the government took our rights we wouldn't get them back. I argued that once things were better under control we would get our rights back. And here we are. The problem is, too little is still known about the virus and COVID, with other variants of concern still making the rounds, so it is not over yet.

Yes, every discussion on this topic provokes anecdotal accounts, both from people like me and from those who saw much greater effects. All I can say is, from what has been reported about my area and what I observed in my neighborhood, everyone should be dead. My next-door household includes 80-year-old Grandma who spent more than 100 days in the hospital last year - I would've bet my life savings she wouldn't still be alive. Yet she tested positive and had no symptoms at all. The entire household, a bunch of true lowlifes, NEVER took any precautions at all and NO ONE ever had COVID. The 57-year-old daughter laughingly told me, as she went to Walmart and Safeway literally every day without a mask, "I'm just trusting God." (No, neither store turned her away.) My stepdaughter in Belarus works in a small office of 18 people; every one of them, including her, tested positive and no one got anything more than mild symptoms. Something ... just ... does ... not ... add ... up. I am truly not a wacko about this, but something ... just ... does ... not ... add ... up.

When personal rights get put above social responsibility for the health and welfare of others, which is based on Scripture, then there is a problem. Several "friends" on social media were adamant that once the government took our rights we wouldn't get them back. I argued that once things were better under control we would get our rights back. And here we are.
Yes, here we are - but where are we? Does life now resemble pre-pandemic life? Is it normal? Is it possible Phase 2 of the experiment is just around the corner? I was in my local vet's office, a local auto glass repair shop and a local health clinic last week, and COVID hysteria seemed to be in full swing. Our doctor told us to take off the silly masks and said he had tried unsuccessfully to convince management the masks were medically pointless.
The problem is, too little is still known about the virus and COVID, with other variants of concern still making the rounds, so it is not over yet.
But how many diseases is this and has this been true of, without 1/100th of the hysteria? How many stores or offices bat an eye if someone comes in with raging flu symptoms? No, something is going on here that just ... doesn't ... add ... up.

Yes, here we are - but where are we? Does life now resemble pre-pandemic life? Is it normal? Is it possible Phase 2 of the experiment is just around the corner? I was in my local vet's office, a local auto glass repair shop and a local health clinic last week, and COVID hysteria seemed to be in full swing. Our doctor told us to take off the silly masks and said he had tried unsuccessfully to convince management the masks were medically pointless.

But how many diseases is this and has this been true of, without 1/100th of the hysteria? How many stores or offices bat an eye if someone comes in with raging flu symptoms? No, something is going on here that just ... doesn't ... add ... up.
In my area ,few actually think of covid now

The worldwide hysterical reaction to COVID seems excessive to an almost fantastic degree, unless the medical community knows something dire about the disease that we aren't being told.
Were all going to die unless the gov saves us ! I noticed that .
"What is the explanation for this disease being treated as potentially The End of Civilization As We Know It when even the worst flu outbreaks are pretty much greeted with a big yawn?"
See below .
who were the experimenters

OK, this may be incipient conspiracy-think, but it does seem to me that the pandemic very quickly became an experiment in social control on a nearly worldwide basis. It certainly appears to me that some very influential community of persons quickly realized the pandemic had handed them a golden opportunity on a platter and they proceeded to take full advantage of it: "Let's see the extent to which sheeple will accept an unprecedented level of governmental control and diminution of their rights." I would guess the experiment was successful beyond the experimenters' wildest dreams. Assuming this has any validity, the questions are (1) who were the experimenters and (2) how will they use what they have learned?
Here in the USA the

Smith-Mundt Modernization Act​

Did you ever hear of "Operation Mockingbird" ?
The pandemic was obviously a massive financial windfall for the pharmaceutical, medical and related communities.
Nothing to see here , move along now .
They all believe COVID is a ghastly, deadly disease; the medical and governmental response was and is entirely appropriate; and that's all there is to it.
Deadly all depended on co-morbidity and age IMO . @ 68k deaths under age 50 , @ 937k deaths over age 50 .
Ironically, I live in one of the worst areas of the country in terms of COVID deaths and vaccination rates, due principally to the proximity of Native American reservations.
That is where our gov wants us all " on the reservation" , watch this video from the great Russell Means when you have time , it is an hour and half .

I'm not one of those ,too many idiots in my experience serving to think Any agency could keep mum

I knew several people who died of COVID-19. Which is probably normal; about one American in every 350 Americans died of the disease so far. I suppose I currently know perhaps a thousand people well enough to say "hi" when encountering them, which statistically would be about right, for the number I know who died.

Just doing the math. Using your stats, you estimate that you know around a thousand people well enough to say hi to.... that I presume would include strangers you meet in the street or the COVID aisle at Walgreens? I say hi to all kinds of people I don't know by name or face, but let's go with your numbers. One in 350-- so that would equate to you knowing 3 people personally who "died of the disease" as you purport. Two of those (again presumably) would be your son-in-laws parents, who died within 11 days of each other. You're 75, so let's surmise that his parents are around your age +/- 10 years. aka the demographic.

So you know one other person that died of COVID.... wait, is that died of COVID or died with COVID? The stat keepers didn't bother making that differentiation much of the time. It's like when an 80 year old falls and breaks a hip and even though he was a diabetic and had late stage pancreatic cancer, they might say he died of pnemonia. Not from diabetic complications, not from cancer, not from the trauma of his fall, but from pneumonia because the autopsy showed fluid in his lungs. Or --- they might say he died from COVID, because they were financially incentivized to say so and to put that on the death certificate.

Just doing the math. Using your stats, you estimate that you know around a thousand people well enough to say hi to.... that I presume would include strangers you meet in the street or the COVID aisle at Walgreens? I

No, I figure I have about a thousand people I know and can name, who also know me well enough to greet each other in the supermarket. I admit I haven't counted, but I'd be very surprised if the actual number was less than half or more than double that number.
You're 75, so let's surmise that his parents are around your age +/- 10 years. aka the demographic.
Not true in this case. My youngest daughter was born when her mother and I were in our late 40s, and she is his wife.

So you know one other person that died of COVID....
Well, two actually. Sorry about that. But I've been active in community organizations, so maybe I'm unusual.

It's like when an 80 year old falls and breaks a hip and even though he was a diabetic and had late stage pancreatic cancer, they might say he died of pnemonia.
Well, yeah, if his lungs filled with fluid and he suffocated. That's how it works. One of the issues that complicates things in the U.S. is that coroners were often not getting test kits or getting too few of them, so they missed a lot of victims who were classified as dying of other causes.

Coroners worry Covid-19 test shortages could lead to uncounted deaths

Back