Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Nine of Satan’s Strategies Revealed by Scripture:

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I hear what you're saying, but I would say that putting on the Armor of God is a much, much different process than offered above.

Have a great night!

Thanks, you too!

I will say this. When we put on the armor, we're are doing so of our own accord, to the measure of our own faith, piece by piece. When we feel attacked of the devil as jerry63935 states, then we double down and gird up again our own armor. But when we overcome, we are given a new garment to wear, but it is not amor we put on ourselves, but is a new garment the we are clothed upon, with all the qualities of the former, but threaded together in one.

I hear what you're saying, but I would say that putting on the Armor of God is a much, much different process than offered above.

Have a great night!
From this link . https://www.wikihow.com/Put-on-the-Armor-of-God Maybe you want to read the rest .
Buckle the belt of truth around your waist. In Ephesians 6:14, Paul writes: "Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth." The belt is the part of the armor that holds everything else together, so your protection against temptation and self-doubt starts with knowing God's truth.[1]
  • This means to trust in the truth of God's word and His plan for you, but it also means to live a Christian life that's free of dishonesty or hidden sin.

From this link . https://www.wikihow.com/Put-on-the-Armor-of-God Maybe you want to read the rest .
Buckle the belt of truth around your waist. In Ephesians 6:14, Paul writes: "Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth." The belt is the part of the armor that holds everything else together, so your protection against temptation and self-doubt starts with knowing God's truth.[1]
  • This means to trust in the truth of God's word and His plan for you, but it also means to live a Christian life that's free of dishonesty or hidden sin.

Thinking in the Spiritual Realm will reap rewards. What you folks are talking about are the metaphors. So, because these phrases are metaphors, we have to know the Scriptures that unwrap them for us. In other words, we have to dig a bit deeper. :)

hmm i am sure GLAD to meet someone who has never done battles with Satan BTW i am more than full aware of the armor of God.. you pretend the devil never bothers you and you never experience warfare . i call your hand be cause the devil mission is to kill steal and destroy .he especially wants to do this to Christians . i will tell you just like i did timothy the title is STRAGEY revealed BY scripture.. you come on here posting like Satan has never attacked you . warfare is real and its a everyday event .. you tell me you dont have warfare of some sort. i call your hand .
I hear ya Jerry.

We don’t get to control what others do to us let alone what the world can put us through. But I do know this. We will find what we are seeking.

Each moment of each day we have choices to make and we choose to either live in life, or we choose to live in death. We each have eyes to look out into the world, but the state of our soul both interprets and puts emphasis on the things we see, and how we see them.

If we are constantly preparing for a war, then we start to seek out battles to “test” our own readiness and this often only causes us to limp afterwards.

Gods armor is about having the right relationship with God first and foremost. The helmet of salvation protects us from thoughts or accusations that were not good enough, or that God looks down with disgust every time we make a mistake. Rather, the helmet protects us from these thoughts of death by amplifying Gods voice in a way that reminds us that we are heirs to the promise and then by bringing us comfort when we are attacked by others. You see, it’s not about protecting us from what we know…. It’s more than head knowledge. Instead, it’s about being in the right relationship with our creator who created us from the abundance of love for which He is.

We can find rest in Gods love and as Paul says, we can work hard and live peaceful lives. We don’t live peaceful lives when our armor seeks to battle. As a matter of fact, when we seek battle, we become distracted from its true purpose and we can abuse its intended purpose.

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword because he chooses death. Choose peace, choose life.

I live life as though Jesus defeated the Devil (in my life).

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - 9 "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Verses 9 and 10 above show that within Christ we find the fullness of God in a human body, and that because of this, those who are united with Christ also have that same sense of fullness and completeness. In fact, the True Children of Christ are so full and complete, they have been transformed from Spiritual death, to Spiritual Life (by the cutting away of the Sinful Nature, that element of the Adamic Curse that only Christ has the Power to remove).

Verse 15 seems clear to me that the victory of Satan equates to our being "full" and "complete."

If I am full and complete, and if a victory over Satan has been established by Christ . . . I pay no attention to the Devil throughout the day, as He is DUST underneath my shoes. Furthermore, I highly recommend that people stop thinking that they are available to Satanic attacks . . . that is a waste of time and human energy. I live my life as a victorious Child of God . . . I pay no regard to Satan. Zero.

Jas 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
Jas 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

what you deal with is a lot of spiritual warfare and then with all the emotions going on . you see someone and you wonder what they are saying about you. most chinches are there not .. being a pastor trying build your numbers up and still feed your flock. then when someone misses you get all kinds of thoughts . every day life is a battle
There will always be spiritual warfare between those who are God's own and that of Satan trying to buffet us, but we know that Jesus defeated Satan and it is up to us to put on the full armour of God as through Christ and His word, Satan will never have victory over us.

Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

(continue reading all of Ephesians 6:10-20)

Have a great night!
The word of God as what has been written in Ephesians 6:10-20 is our full armour. Satan will always try to steal our faith and we do need to be aware of his devices in order to do this. We are mainly snared by the unprofitable words we speak to each other and that is where we leave room for Satan to weaken us as we speak negatively against our brothers and sisters, especially in disagreements.

It is true we are no longer of this world as we have been crucified with Christ and have also risen with Him, Colossians 3:1-4, but yet we still have to live in this world of iniquity and as long as we are still alive Satan will never give up trying to kill, steal and destroy our faith in Christ. It's like Paul's thorn in the flesh as Satan was always trying to buffet him and even prayed three times for Christ to take this away, but look what Jesus told Paul, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. We are still mortal and prone to fall short at times as we are not perfect yet and live in a corruptible fleshly body, but if we continue to walk in the Spirit and keep our focus on Spiritual things from above then no matter what Satan tries to throw at us we will always have the victory over him.

2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

When it comes to Satan we can not fight him on our own, but only by the power of the word of God can he be defeated in our life.

I have no idea of what you're t talking about. However, I do wonder why "christians" at Christian Forums mock each other. That really fascinates me. :biggrin
When you see such things then please press the report button so the staff is aware of these actions towards other. It's better to report than walk away instead of being a part of the problem instead of the solution.

The word of God as what has been written in Ephesians 6:10-20 is our full armour. Satan will always try to steal our faith and we do need to be aware of his devices in order to do this. We are mainly snared by the unprofitable words we speak to each other and that is where we leave room for Satan to weaken us as we speak negatively against our brothers and sisters, especially in disagreements.

It is true we are no longer of this world as we have been crucified with Christ and have also risen with Him, Colossians 3:1-4, but yet we still have to live in this world of iniquity and as long as we are still alive Satan will never give up trying to kill, steal and destroy our faith in Christ. It's like Paul's thorn in the flesh as Satan was always trying to buffet him and even prayed three times for Christ to take this away, but look what Jesus told Paul, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. We are still mortal and prone to fall short at times as we are not perfect yet and live in a corruptible fleshly body, but if we continue to walk in the Spirit and keep our focus on Spiritual things from above then no matter what Satan tries to throw at us we will always have the victory over him.

2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

When it comes to Satan we can not fight him on our own, but only by the power of the word of God can he be defeated in our life.

Thank you for your offering, however, I find other passages in the Bible that lead me to an alternate conclusion. Again, thank you for sharing.

When you see such things then please press the report button so the staff is aware of these actions towards other. It's better to report than walk away instead of being a part of the problem instead of the solution.

Say what? Walking away is considered being a part of the problem?

Yeah, no. It doesn't work that way for me. That said, I do believe that I see where you are coming from.

Since there are a plethora of Admins and Mods here, I am confident that one of them will be reading the same things that I am reading, and if none have an issue with the manner in which expressions are made, then there would be no need for me to "report." I would rather face issues on my own that depend upon a babysitter of sorts.

Thank you and have a great day!

Say what? Walking away is considered being a part of the problem?

Yeah, no. It doesn't work that way for me. That said, I do believe that I see where you are coming from.

Since there are a plethora of Admins and Mods here, I am confident that one of them will be reading the same things that I am reading, and if none have an issue with the manner in which expressions are made, then there would be no need for me to "report." I would rather face issues on my own that depend upon a babysitter of sorts.

Thank you and have a great day!
What I am trying to say is that if you have a problem with a member that leads to disruptive argument then it is better to talk with them in private PM for reconciliation between both parties instead of airing these issues disrupting the flow of the thread. That way you can face the issue one on one and if need be invite the Administrators into the conversation.

There is no shame in walking away from controversy when one confronts you as it's better at times to not say anything as we are so easily snared by the words we speak in a derogatory manner against each other that leads us right back into the flesh. You might want to go back and read the Terms of Service 1.1, 1.3 and 1.5 in how we need to be conducting ourselves as being a child of God so that we remain pleasing to the Father in all we say and do.

We are very thin on Moderators and there are only 3 Admins and I, being one of them, don’t have the time to read every post and neither do the others. There is no shame in reporting another member. It helps us to maintain civility when needed.

We are very thin on Moderators and there are only 3 Admins and I, being one of them, don’t have the time to read every post and neither do the others. There is no shame in reporting another member. It helps us to maintain civility when needed.

Ahhh....I had the feeling that there were far more representatives than what actually existed.

That said, I don't feel like there are any issues (or users) to report. :)

hawkman, I clicked on the link you provided to see what they had to say.

When it came to putting on the shoes, they said to put on shoes to protect your feet. But is that really what the shoes are for? Are the shoes simply for your protection? Or are they more specific to a message that we are to carry?

Ephesians 6:15
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

What does it mean to you to have shoes fit for the gospel of peace? It sets the foundation for all the rest of the armor.

As I have stated before, I became aware that the shoes I put on with my armor turned out to be boots of destruction rather than shoes prepared with the gospel of peace.

Feet carrying the message of Repentance I find to be wearing boots of destruction.
Feet carrying the message of Salvation I find to be wearing shoes prepared with the gospel of peace?

How are your feet shod?

Turning to Christ and receiving His exclusive Spiritual Circumcision is what makes a person "complete," not to mention made Alive in Christ (though formerly dead).

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Every Christian should be drooling over the above seven verses. Spiritual Circumcision is the message of the Bible; it is the Purpose of Christ; it is the Work of Christ; it leads to the Holy Effect of Christ. And so, [this] is how a person puts on the Full Armor of God. Colossians 2:9-15 is [how] a person puts on the Armor of God. Now, there's a very good reason for why what I am sharing, which is obvious in its declarations, seems for foreign to nearly all . . . and it is this: "Preachers" don't preach Colossians 2:9-15. And if yours does, consider yourself not only very lucky, but a member of a very small group of likely True Believers.

God predicted this Spiritual Circumcision twice in Ezekiel, chapters 11 and 36.

Ezekiel 36:25-27 NLT - ""Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations."

Asking Christ to Circumcise our hearts is described in great detail above. We receive New Hearts and New Spirits, not to mention the Holy Spirit. And all of this comes with a Purpose, which is [so that] we will obey.

The above is [how] to put on the Full Armor of God. Like it was indicated earlier, putting on this Armor isn't something that we personally do. Opposite . . . it is the Lord's choosing "us" to receive the Circumcision of Christ so that the Sinful Nature is permanently cut away, rendering that person with a clean, New, and Regenerated Heart. These things mentioned are what is available to a person if they would "turn" to Christ. It is through the Circumcision of Christ that a person becomes "complete." This is the moment that a person has put on the Full Armor of God.

Thanks for taking the time to read the link , since you already had your understanding of the Armor of God .

How are your feet shod?
Sandals , without the nails that the Roman soldiers had in theirs .

I am still learning about the Armor of God . Some say it is of a metaphorical nature and I suppose it can be .
But I found out one night it can protect you from a physical attack . I like to pray outside at night in the dark no lights and my neighbors are too far away to hear me or see me and after all it is dark . After getting done with my prayers one night I got up and turned to go in my house . And there it was a demonic manifestation and unlike anything I have ever seen , It had appeared with out any sound . I did not understand it was demonic at first but then the attack came . I felt the ground under my feet vibrate and heard a sound unlike anything I ever heard before . But I felt no pain . Did the demonic know they could not hurt me because I had on the Armor of God ? If so I guess the attack was to put fear in me, but it did not . Just about a month before God had put my fears to rest .

I am satisfied the provision of the helmet of salvation is why I am still here .

Last edited:
Galatians 3:27 NLT - "And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes."

The Helmet of Salvation? Putting on Christ, who is also the Right Hand of Salvation, is like putting on "new clothes."

These terms are figures of speech that are directly pointing to what takes place at the Spiritual level.

Back