Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Non-Virgin/Born-Again Virgins Christians intermarrying with Christian Virgins.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Forgive me if this has been covered already. I haven't read all six pages int this thread.

What about Mark 10:11-12?

SueL:

I think you will find that the Mark passage is talking about divorce and remarriage; often a contentious issue.

Fornication in Scripture usually refers to pre-marital activity. But then, if a couple are converted to Christ while single, and both have a past, which, by God's grace has been cleansed by the blood of Christ, then they are free to marry.

Blessings.

Now you move to obfuscation. Your post changes the subject, because your original, insulting and manipulative post was refuted.
The Gospel of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is offensive. It is offensive to the Non-Believer because it convicts them of their Sin. I think the only reason your offended by my posts and think negatively about them is because your on the other side of the street.
An intelligent discussion is not possible with you.
So you refuse to continue on with the discussion and claim that I move it to obfuscation. well then I enjoyed chatting with you and may the Lord bless you Good sir.

You are a "Christian" example of "The Woo-woo Credo"; I never thought I'd encounter such a personality on the internet. :toofunny
Name calling eh? I still consider you better than me. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

First a marriage should never be based on sex, but needs to be Christ centered as we wait patiently for God to join the two together. I've been married three times so does that mean I am not under Gods grace as being a Spiritually born-again child of God who has wiped my slate of sin clear and has given me a new beginning. Unfortunately I never waited for God to send me the right husband in the first two marriages and in my case they ended in disaster, but did wait patiently in the third and for 15 years now with this marriage being Christ centered God has truly blessed this union, even though neither one of us were a virgin. How would God expect two Christians not being evenly yoked by being virgins to ever get married. This would leave many of us going against Gods will if this were true as what you have stated.

I am all for Christ Centered Marriages. I Believe only people who have a Christ centered Relationship should be allowed to get married because it won't be a disgrace to God and the Church. However I do believe from what I have read in the Bible about unequal weight and how the LORD abhors it, that Virgins should only Marry Virgins and Non-Virgins should only Marry Non-Virgins.
No matter what verse you use, it still doesn't change the fact that God abhors unequal weight, no if,and,or but's.

I am all for Christ Centered Marriages. I Believe only people who have a Christ centered Relationship should be allowed to get married because it won't be a disgrace to God and the Church. However I do believe from what I have read in the Bible about unequal weight and how the LORD abhors it, that Virgins should only Marry Virgins and Non-Virgins should only Marry Non-Virgins.
No matter what verse you use, it still doesn't change the fact that God abhors unequal weight, no if,and,or but's.

N:

1 Corinthians 6.11 says:

'But ye are washed...'

If someone is washed, they are no longer unclean in God's sight.

Don't judge others, period.

If they are not a virgin, that is between them and God.
I try my very best not to Judge people. It is not a Judgement I have made if God has Judged and convicted them.

Please support with Scripture your assertion that God doesn't want Christian virgins marrying Christians who are not virgins.

Why? The Bible says we are all equal and one in Christ (paraphrase).
"Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves." -Philippians 2:3
"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10
You are better than me. By staying low, you cannot reach Pride. I have had my fill of Pride and it nearly killed me, I want nothing to do with Pride.

Some are Worthy, I am not. Know this and believe these words: "It is God who makes us worthy of all that we obtain in life and in the next life." I am not worthy of a Wife and Children because God doesn't consider me worthy of a Wife and Children. What I do ask of the Lord is this: "If you make me worthy of anything Lord, may it be for me to extremely suffer and bring Glory to your name and not my own. May the World forget me and Not you. In the End if I do not rest with you, may you know that all I did was all for you."

Why? You were bought by the Blood of the Lamb. The old man in you was certainly only worthy of punishment and death (as Graham Cooke likes to say, "You were so bad that God had to kill you!"), but the new creation in Christ is sinless and spotless--deemed worthy in Christ to rule as heir with Him.

Well, God bless you!

the Lord's
It is always best to consider yourself unworthy, it will stop you from becoming prideful and thinking you are worthy.

"because anyone who has died has been freed from sin"- Romans 6:7
As a Brother and Sister in Christ you will be freed from sin when you die.

Know this good sir we as Christians have not been given our new bodies until we die and God resurrects us in our new bodies. As it is we are not in our new bodies and we can be tempted to commit our past sins again.

"because anyone who has died has been freed from sin"- Romans 6:7
As a Brother and Sister in Christ you will be freed from sin when you die.

Know this good sir we as Christians have not been given our new bodies until we die and God resurrects us in our new bodies. As it is we are not in our new bodies and we can be tempted to commit our past sins again.

N:

Actually believers in the Lord Jesus are washed and cleansed now (1 Corinthians 6.11), and able to walk in newness of life.

So we don't need to figure how many condoms other Christians may once have used, because the past is all forgiven by His grace anyway.

for his glory:

The point is, being cleansed with the precious blood of Christ, and having this in common. If for a first marriage virginity is there too, then so much the better (less psychological baggage, maybe), but it's not strictly necessary.
http://www.gotquestions.org/marry-non-virgin.html
"The ideal situation for Christian marriage is, of course, when both parties are virgins, having understood that marriage is the only place in God’s eyes for sexual relations. But we don’t live in an ideal world."
I get that we don't live in an Ideal world. but should we strive to be Holy as God is Holy?
"The ideal situation for Christian marriage is, of course, when both parties are virgins, having understood that marriage is the only place in God’s eyes for sexual relations."
This sentence states what an Ideal(Perfect) Christian Marriage is. If God calls us to be Holy and wants us to strive for perfection, then Virgins marrying Virgins is strictly Necessary. For those who are Christians and know God, God is Strict and Very Loving. I truly believe God calls for Perfection and wants us to be perfect. For I have and still am living a life of imperfection and I don't like it. I want to be what God has called me to be and that is Holy as He is Holy, to be perfect without blemish kneeling before Him.

http://www.gotquestions.org/marry-non-virgin.html
"The ideal situation for Christian marriage is, of course, when both parties are virgins, having understood that marriage is the only place in God’s eyes for sexual relations. But we don’t live in an ideal world."
I get that we don't live in an Ideal world. but should we strive to be Holy as God is Holy?
"The ideal situation for Christian marriage is, of course, when both parties are virgins, having understood that marriage is the only place in God’s eyes for sexual relations."
This sentence states what an Ideal(Perfect) Christian Marriage is. If God calls us to be Holy and wants us to strive for perfection, then Virgins marrying Virgins is strictly Necessary. For those who are Christians and know God, God is Strict and Very Loving. I truly believe God calls for Perfection and wants us to be perfect. For I have and still am living a life of imperfection and I don't like it. I want to be what God has called me to be and that is Holy as He is Holy, to be perfect without blemish kneeling before Him.

...but if the two parties to the marriage are cleansed in God's sight, whether or not one has a past that has been forgiven is no prohibition.

N:

1 Corinthians 6.11 says:

'But ye are washed...'

If someone is washed, they are no longer unclean in God's sight.
We are all sinners. The only one who is Sinless is Christ Jesus.

We are all sinners. The only one who is Sinless is Christ Jesus.

...and He Who is sinless, the sinner's perfect substitute at the Cross, is able to, and does, cleanse His people from their sins.

'Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall cleanse His people from their sins' (Matthew 1.21).

So after Christians have believed, forsaking their sins, they need no longer be burdened by their past, but can walk in newness of life. This is indeed the joyful consequence of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

N:

Actually believers in the Lord Jesus are washed and cleansed now (1 Corinthians 6.11), and able to walk in newness of life.

So we don't need to figure how many condoms other Christians may once have used, because the past is all forgiven by His grace anyway.
Romans 6:7 says you will be freed from sin when you die. For the record I don't agree with condoms.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back