Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Obamacare repeal fails in U.S. Senate, 49-51

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The one where I asked you if you would show some humility if I could show you otherwise...
I wont repost your reply, but you mentioned bowing to my intellect. That was hurtful.
Stoves, if I ever do a rant on you, there will be no doubt about it......LOL. Not sure I ever ranted on anyone here.....well, maybe a minor rant on one......LOL

parents bringing kids to the ER for a cold.
Years ago when I was in college I worked the reception desk in the ER at Mt. Carmel Med. Ctr. weekends midnight shift.
I particularly remember on person who came in for a 'headache'. She was given a work-up and and CT scan (just in case there was a bleed). She was discharged with aspirin. BTW the insurance she presented was a green (at that time) Medicaid card. Most expensive aspirin ever. And the CT tech who got called in for the scan was not too happy either......

We can't even pay the less then 200000 on medicaid.how many.taxes are you.willing to pay to visit your family,10 per gallon in gas,20 percent in income taxes, 1000 dollar meals?
You can beg to differ all you like, but you'll have to start showing some numbers if your going to sway me otherwise.

Again, I am not saying those things don't happen because we both know they do.

And if you want to use it as an argument against the Affordable Healthcare Act, then you've got a lot more to show me.And

What does that have to do with rebas post?
You said we don't cover the indigent.my state long before the aca it paid for up to 42 percent aND this was matched by local taxes.

So you wanted numbers,and I gave you why in my state we can't cover care.people do go to er hear for colds and so forth.I have see. It.it's in those indeginents

You said we don't cover the indigent.my state long before the aca it paid for up to 42 percent aND this was matched by local taxes.

So you wanted numbers,and I gave you why in my state we can't cover care.people do go to er hear for colds and so forth.I have see. It.it's in those indeginents
I didn't say anything of the sort. I think you read something into what I wrote.

The way I saw it go down was like this.
Reba posted a laundry list about our modern generation. To which I agree.

My intended reply was that her list was not justification to deny healthcare to those in need.

Perhaps this is where you side tracked. I am talking about th ACA and basically having it repealed. I am not talking about services outside the ACA.

I do not disagree that there is medical help for the poor outside the ACA.

Now that you know what I'm talking about, please address it accordingly.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I think you read something into what I wrote.

The way I saw it go down was like this.
Reba posted a laundry list about our modern generation. To which I agree.

My intended reply was that her list was not justification to deny healthcare to those in need.

Perhaps this is where you side tracked. I am talking about th ACA and basically having it repealed. I am not talking about services outside the ACA.

I do not disagree that there is medical help for the poor outside the ACA.

Now that you know what I'm talking about, please address it accordingly.
The aca,since you mentioned medicaid expansion woukd require in 2019 my state to Fully fund medicaid with No federal help.

The state budget isn't even 100 billion ,that math of extending 60 precent of that on indegent care to those who the state doesn't consider indigent is impossible.

60 billion goes to less then a few hundred thousand .

It's hard to be considered poor in my state but you get the idea of the sheer costs.

You wanted numbers for the price of medicaid expansion, there you have it.if you dint want to take my word for what this ssg retired has seen with millenials so be it.you can't ask my state to cover all and not raise taxes to unsupported level.you the tourist pay most if that budget. Sales taxes would have to go up.

Orlando is already at 12 percent.

I fail to see the relationship between your post and providing healthcare to those who need it.
In other words, while you bring up some good points, I don't think it's justification to withhold affordable healthcare to those that truly need it. Why? Because I believe you speak of the minority. They are the exception, not the rule.
My point is the government cant, it just cant.. The government is bound by too many rules/regs.. as in one size fits all.
The drug users eat up a lot of healthcare monies... Just maybe if they had to pay out of pocket for care they would think twice.. My daughter has used up some where around 6 rehabs at some one else's expense . the safety nets quickly become traps... she finished 1
example... Last winter she slipped on ice...bad wrist sprain... went to ER xrays exam they gave her a removable brace ... she chose not to use it.. slipped again ice skating in a couple weeks.. more damage more xrays more monies she did not pay... this time cracked ...
She sells and trades her 'meds' this is just one small example...
Some where the tax payer should have the right to say NO more. Not for real health care But for the abuse.
Running off with the rent monies she jumped out a window broke her arm taxpayers again got the bill . Sadly there are more

My point is the government cant, it just cant.. The government is bound by too many rules/regs.. as in one size fits all.
The drug users eat up a lot of healthcare monies... Just maybe if they had to pay out of pocket for care they would think twice.. My daughter has used up some where around 6 rehabs at some one else's expense . the safety nets quickly become traps... she finished 1
example... Last winter she slipped on ice...bad wrist sprain... went to ER xrays exam they gave her a removable brace ... she chose not to use it.. slipped again ice skating in a couple weeks.. more damage more xrays more monies she did not pay... this time cracked ...
She sells and trades her 'meds' this is just one small example...
Some where the tax payer should have the right to say NO more. Not for real health care But for the abuse.
Running off with the rent monies she jumped out a window broke her arm taxpayers again got the bill . Sadly there are more

Very sad but true

Te top tax rate is 39.6 percent and Texas has an eight and a quarter percent sales tax but these are taxes we see and there are so many more hidden taxes we are paying without knowledge available about them. The farmer of wheat must pay the tax on the sales of his product and the Driver Taxes pays on his income plus the Toll Road charges, tax, from hauling that load to the Mill and then the Miller pays his income tax on his profit and all of these taxes are steadily increasing the end cost of a sack of flour. Then another 18 wheeler, both of the trucks hiking the Tax tax rate bing paid be3cause of the gas tax and the big one, the Federal Excise Tax on those eighteen Tire that the Highway is grinding them down to be slicks. When the Bakery bakes the Bread that e paid the Sales tax on every product he uses in he bread and the wrapper the bread must be in to preserve the freshness of it so he adds more to the price of it to cover the sales tax and his income and FICA Taxes and then I purchase the 10 or fifteen cent loaf of bread for a buck and a quarter and they charge me 8,25% tax on the price that as exploded because of the taxes on the taxes already paid to both the state, local and federal taxing agencies. Our forefathers had the Boston Tea Party over taxes, ad what do we do when we are over three hundred million strong? We sit down and we take it.

Great,when you pay six months for medicare but can't use ,I do hope you survive on no.meds or doctors long enough as that's what social security told me and my wife.pay in Jan and can't use it until July!
I read that someone on ssdi couldn't receive medicare for 24 months?

Te top tax rate is 39.6 percent and Texas has an eight and a quarter percent sales tax but these are taxes we see and there are so many more hidden taxes we are paying without knowledge available about them. The farmer of wheat must pay the tax on the sales of his product and the Driver Taxes pays on his income plus the Toll Road charges, tax, from hauling that load to the Mill and then the Miller pays his income tax on his profit and all of these taxes are steadily increasing the end cost of a sack of flour. Then another 18 wheeler, both of the trucks hiking the Tax tax rate bing paid be3cause of the gas tax and the big one, the Federal Excise Tax on those eighteen Tire that the Highway is grinding them down to be slicks. When the Bakery bakes the Bread that e paid the Sales tax on every product he uses in he bread and the wrapper the bread must be in to preserve the freshness of it so he adds more to the price of it to cover the sales tax and his income and FICA Taxes and then I purchase the 10 or fifteen cent loaf of bread for a buck and a quarter and they charge me 8,25% tax on the price that as exploded because of the taxes on the taxes already paid to both the state, local and federal taxing agencies. Our forefathers had the Boston Tea Party over taxes, ad what do we do when we are over three hundred million strong? We sit down and we take it.
O yeah, add all the taxes you pay buying gas,shoes, clothing, toys, socks and all the rest and we are paying something north of 69% in taxes .that ave already being taxed, what, 2, 4 ,7 times, taxing the tax on the already taxed product.

Does Texas use the green dye for ag,and the red dye for high way?
They might now but the only real problem drivers had here was Texas began using the point system and if you get 12 points in a year, the state removes Your license. Loose it twice and you loose your license forever. that is not true fr te Kamakazi four wheelers except the drive under the influence three times and the rich go to court with their high dollar lawyers and they still drive drunk.

Back