Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Peter not the rock nor the first Pope

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It has EVERYTHING to do with the world, as we’re the ambassadors of God

The church is made up of priests. We are a Royal Priesthood.

The world is not priests. The world is not a Royal Priesthood.

But some servants are greater than others, some are spiritually more mature than other, understanding the Scripture better; some endure hardship and remain faithful to God, they truly bear fruit; others are disheartened and backsliding. This is both a biblical warning and a reality we’re living in.
There is no one greater than another in the body of Christ as it takes all the members, being one, that makes up the whole body of Christ. Without each member there would be no body. The Pastor is no greater than the one who cleans the Church as we are all servants of God.

John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Last edited:
There is no one greater than another in the body of Christ as it takes all the members, being one, that makes up the whole body of Christ. Without each member there would be no body. The Pastor is no greater than the one who cleans the Church as we are all servants of God.
Then why are some servants given five talents, some two, some one? (Matt. 25:15) Why does the same seed of gospel yield various amount, some thirtyfold, some sixtyfold, some up to a hundredfold? (Matt. 13:8) Why is some wicked servant beating up his fellow servants and joining the heathens, when he thinks the Lord has delayed His coming (Matt. 24:48-49)? Why is the first last and the last first (Matt. 19:30)? Why the lawbreakers are called the least and the lawkeepers are the great (Matt. 5:19)? And if the pastor is no greather than others, then why is he the pastor preaching at the pulpit while you and me are not? I understand that you might've grown up with the values of democracy, freedom and equality, but those are not the greatest values within the body of Christ, for Christ is the king, we're all bound to him and he the master is greater than all of us his servants, and bishops and deacons are ordained to run the chruch (1 Tim. 3).

Then why are some servants given five talents, some two, some one? (Matt. 25:15) Why does the same seed of gospel yield various amount, some thirtyfold, some sixtyfold, some up to a hundredfold? (Matt. 13:8) Why is some wicked servant beating up his fellow servants and joining the heathens, when he thinks the Lord has delayed His coming (Matt. 24:48-49)? Why is the first last and the last first (Matt. 19:30)? Why the lawbreakers are called the least and the lawkeepers are the great (Matt. 5:19)? And if the pastor is no greather than others, then why is he the pastor preaching at the pulpit while you and me are not? I understand that you might've grown up with the values of democracy, freedom and equality, but those are not the greatest values within the body of Christ, for Christ is the king, we're all bound to him and he the master is greater than all of us his servants, and bishops and deacons are ordained to run the chruch (1 Tim. 3).
What you are not seeing is the fullness of collective faithful servants of God being the full body of Christ for God's purpose within His ministry whether it is the called and anointed Pastor/teacher or someone who scrubs the toilet. We are His eyes, ears, voice, hands and feet that God works through. God does not want our ability, but wants our availability to serve Him no matter the capacity of His calling.

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

I think it's unwise to take too much pride in this, grow a sense of entitlement and question sound teachings from the pulpit. Pride is the greatest sin.
None of us are worthy of God's mercy and grace and it is not us that declare ourselves entitled to anything, but that God has called those who have come to Him by faith through Christ Jesus a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people and we are proud of such an honor.

1Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Peter 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

I think it's unwise to take too much pride in this, grow a sense of entitlement and question sound teachings from the pulpit. Pride is the greatest sin.
We need to test everything that comes from the pulpit as we test the spirits that teach us as many false prophets are out there in the world teaching errors, 1John 2:27; 4:1-6.

We need to test everything that comes from the pulpit as we test the spirits that teach us as many false prophets are out there in the world teaching errors, 1John 2:27; 4:1-6.
The errors are accepted and acceptable on forums (I'm sure you already know this).
The world accepts them also, with open arms. They embrace them and repeat them. (I'm sure you know this also).
When Jesus' Word is spoken, the world cannot hear it, see it , nor believe it.
Thus confusion , sickness, disease, and false teachings abound, multiply daily everywhere, on purpose.

We also need to be patient, quiet and humble. One of the evil spirits is the spirit of Korah who organized a rebel against Moses, and he and all his coconspirators were swallowed by the earth. Yes, there are false teachers like Joel Osteen and Rick Warren, those are the modern day Balaams, in such cases, expose them and leave.

What you are not seeing is the fullness of collective faithful servants of God being the full body of Christ for God's purpose within His ministry whether it is the called and anointed Pastor/teacher or someone who scrubs the toilet. We are His eyes, ears, voice, hands and feet that God works through. God does not want our ability, but wants our availability to serve Him no matter the capacity of His calling.
I’m talking about availability as much as you are. What you’re not seeing is that a vibrant relationship with God must be constantly maintained. Most “servants” nowadays rarely touch their Bible, whereas some have devoted their whole life to study the word of God, are they equally available to God? How is the latter not greater than the former? In Rev. 2-3 Jesus addressed each of the seven churches collectively, but at the end of each letter he called out INDIVIDUALS who’d heed his calling: “he who has an ear, let him hear!”

None of us are worthy of God's mercy and grace and it is not us that declare ourselves entitled to anything, but that God has called those who have come to Him by faith through Christ Jesus a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people and we are proud of such an honor.
This is all empty platitude around unrealistic talking points. A “Royal Priesthood” is what we’re to the world, every one of us is a priest between God and the mission field, not just the clergy and influencers, by no means does that put every individual with the church on equal footing. If you’re really a woman, 1 Tim. 2:12 forbids woman to teach and order them to be silent, and some members on this very forum take this literally, according to these misogynists’ standard, what you’re doing right now is in violation of God’s word, you wouldn’t even be entitled to the first Amendment right of free speech! What I’m saying is, if you don’t wanna take “women be silent” literally, don’t take “royal priesthood” literally and immediately identify yourself as such either, put that in both biblical and cultural context, do some research, and think carefully, inquire God’s wisdom, not your own.

I think it's unwise to take too much pride in this

No pride, just the truth.

We are a kingdom of priests, all of us who belong to Christ, both male and female.

And they sang a new song, saying:
“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall reign on the earth.” Revelation 5:9-10

JLB

No pride, just the truth.
The truth is that we’re priests to the mission field, but no to each other. We’re not all bishops and deacons, each is endowed by our creator with a different gift, some in this and some in that. My point is just to remind you that we’re also sinners fallen short of God’s Grace, and we’re of a wild olive tree grafted into the commonwealth of Israel. Don’t be the Pharisee who brags before God, be the tax collector who cries out for God to have mercy on him - a sinner.

I doubt that. Paul ordained bishops and deacons in 1 Tim. 3 as church leaders to teach the word of God and rebuke false doctrines, there's a distinction between the laity and the clergy, i.e. the amateurs and the experts. In fact, in Revelation 2-3, the name "Laodicea" literally means "rule of the laity", that's a sign of apostasy, the defection from sound teaching, which Paul had predicted.
Laodocea ?

Her namesake for the city .

That city predates the new testament .

So? God's holy word predates his whole creation, as a blueprint predates the project thereof.
The city was founded as laodicea in 256 bc

There was no church then ,no gentiles could ever be in the presence of God .

Notice I said new testament. The maccabean revolt and the prophecy of Daniel about Alexander the great was fulfilled around this time .

There was no herod,no third temple ,the one Jesus spoke of was the third temple .zerubabbel temple was not destroyed yet .

The name of the city ,name sake is a Greek one that has nothing to do with city of laity .

Thats what I pointed out .

You said that Paul spoke against a city .the church was in that city but the city wasn't named because it was to be called the city of the laity.

Fourth century women whose descendant is the name sake one of many cities she had named in Asia minor .

The word laity is much later .

That is what I meant .don't take that I don't support
Deacons,bishops ,I'm a presbyterian. We have elders who can remove my pastor outside of the church if need be and they account to others .

Im merely pointing out a flaw in that use of the definition.city of laiity .

Laodician is a pejorative for Luke warm .

The city was founded as laodicea in 256 bc

There was no church then ,no gentiles could ever be in the presence of God .

Notice I said new testament. The maccabean revolt and the prophecy of Daniel about Alexander the great was fulfilled around this time .

There was no herod,no third temple ,the one Jesus spoke of was the third temple .zerubabbel temple was not destroyed yet .

The name of the city ,name sake is a Greek one that has nothing to do with city of laity .

Thats what I pointed out .

You said that Paul spoke against a city .the church was in that city but the city wasn't named because it was to be called the city of the laity.

Fourth century women whose descendant is the name sake one of many cities she had named in Asia minor .

The word laity is much later .

That is what I meant .don't take that I don't support
Deacons,bishops ,I'm a presbyterian. We have elders who can remove my pastor outside of the church if need be and they account to others .

Im merely pointing out a flaw in that use of the definition.city of laiity .

Laodician is a pejorative for Luke warm .
Nonetheless, the name Laodecia literally means rule of the people - laity in particular, regardless of its history. And it's also a fact that this is exactly what's happening in many modern churches, their leaderships have abandoned biblical principles to accommodate popular demand. Instead of their congregation becoming more godly, they themselves become more worldly. Case in point, the methodist church just lifted its ban on LGBTQ and welcome this leaven to puff the whole lump. If you only think of Laodicea and the other six as ancient cities in Asia minor, and build your whole argument from that perspective, then that's all ancient history, none of that would matter to our 21st century ears. But that's NOT just ancient history, it matters very much, especially Laodicea the last one, I've just shown you with an example.

The truth is that we’re priests to the mission field, but no to each other. We’re not all bishops and deacons, each is endowed by our creator with a different gift, some in this and some in that. My point is just to remind you that we’re also sinners fallen short of God’s Grace, and we’re of a wild olive tree grafted into the commonwealth of Israel. Don’t be the Pharisee who brags before God, be the tax collector who cries out for God to have mercy on him - a sinner.

A priest is someone who ministers to God and has access to God and His presence.

All believers have the ability to share their faith and testimony with the lost.

Evangelist's are gifted to preach salvation to the unsaved.

Again, we are all priests.

JLB

Again, we are all priests.
Again, we are not all bishops or deacons, and we have NOT replaced biblical Israel. I'm mentioning this because I sense that we're treading dangerous water of replacement theory by claiming that we the church are all priests. Also, I'm not saying that you're wrong, I'm just reminding you that don't blow this "royal priesthood" statement out of proportion in its proper context, lest you grow a sense of pride and entitlement.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back