Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Peter not the rock nor the first Pope

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Again, we are not all bishops or deacons, and we have NOT replaced biblical Israel.

Amen!

I'm mentioning this because I sense that we're treading dangerous water of replacement theory by claiming that we the church are all priests.

We are the Church, and we are all priests. We all have the right and God given authority to go before God ourselves, which is to say each born again Christian can boldly go before the throne of grace himself or herself, to have a person relationship with God the Father. We don't need to go to a priest to have our sins forgiven, we are priests and petition God ourselves.

John, to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.
To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:4-6

JLB

This is all empty platitude around unrealistic talking points.
What is unrealistic in the scriptures you have been given by JLB and myself and what we have presented so far?

I'm not going to discuss the women keep silent thing in this thread as that is a whole other topic. If you would like to start a new topic on that please tag me into it so we can discuss this without derailing this topic.

We also need to be patient, quiet and humble. One of the evil spirits is the spirit of Korah who organized a rebel against Moses, and he and all his coconspirators were swallowed by the earth. Yes, there are false teachers like Joel Osteen and Rick Warren, those are the modern day Balaams, in such cases, expose them and leave.
Yes, we need to be patient with one another as not everyone is on the same Spiritual level as another in their learning.
Yes, we need to be quiet so we can hear what the Holy Spirit is teaching us.
Yes, we need to be humble before the Lord as we go to Him in prayer and obedience to His commands.

There are many that teach the doctrines of Balaam and of the Nicolaitans that cast a stumbling block to others, Rev 2:14-15. When we study scripture on this topic we also have to know the history and the purpose why Jesus took His disciples to this particular geographical location. It was a literal rock they were standing on in Caesarea Philippi, as we both agree on this.

When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi he asked his disciples saying, whom do men say that I the Son of man am and they said, some say that thou art John the Baptist some Elias and others Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, but whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven and I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (I left out the vs numbers on purpose as it reads as a conversation between Jesus and His Disciples, Matthew 16:13-18)

Upon this rock was not Peter being the rock, but the place where the Spirit of God revealed to him that Jesus is truly the Son of God. Jesus and His disciples were literally standing on a rather large rock in Caesarea Philippi in Northern Israel at the foot of Mt. Hermon. This was a place of evil paganism and a place of worshiping the god Pan as Jesus was preparing His Disciples to show them what they will be up against when their time was ready to be sent out into the world. (Anyone can look this up for greater detail about Caesarea Philippi).

Jesus brought His disciples to Caesarea Philippi and this particular rock to show them the gates of hell, or in other words what they would be up against when the time would come for them to be sent out with the Gospel message and that the gates of hell, worldly evil, can not prevail against the words of God. It was Paul being the first one to establish the first Church there being the body of Christ on his second missionary journey, Acts 16:11-40. The first true Church, being the body of Christ with He being the head of the body, 1Corinthians 12:12-31; Colossians 1:15-18, was first established on the day of Pentecost in Jerusalem, Acts 2. From that point on Jesus sent out His Disciples to build upon His Church, even so today until the return of Christ as the gates of hell can not prevail against those who are Christ own.

I’m talking about availability as much as you are. What you’re not seeing is that a vibrant relationship with God must be constantly maintained. Most “servants” nowadays rarely touch their Bible, whereas some have devoted their whole life to study the word of God, are they equally available to God? How is the latter not greater than the former? In Rev. 2-3 Jesus addressed each of the seven churches collectively, but at the end of each letter he called out INDIVIDUALS who’d heed his calling: “he who has an ear, let him hear!”
Let me ask you this. I agree not everyone studies their Bible, but does that mean they do not have the simplicity of faith in Christ Jesus?

What is unrealistic in the scriptures you have been given by @JLB and myself and what we have presented so far?
That you make it sound like all self-identified Christians are on equal status as priests, while that is contrary to the Scriptures, to all those examples from the Lord in Matthew alone.

Let me ask you this. I agree not everyone studies their Bible, but does that mean they do not have the simplicity of faith in Christ Jesus?
You have to ask themselves and observe whether they’ve had a spiritual transformation. Faith without work is dead. In all seven letters of Revelation, Jesus didn’t know each church’s angel’s faith, theology, denomination, political affiliation or mission statement, he reviewed each of them by their work - “I know your work.”

Here’s a sad fact, that although we all read the same Bible, you were probably born and raised in a democratic, egalitarian society, whereas me in a totalitarian, classist one, inevitably we have formed very different worldviews, and through the lenses of which we only see what we wanna see in the Bible - to you, “all priests with equal access to God;” to me, bishops, deacons and pastors ordained by God to teach others.

Acts 20:30
Even from your own number (Christian) men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

Truth is narrowly defined.

John 14:6
(Jesus / Yahshua) answered, “I am the way to the truth and life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

1 John 4:6
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

The Gift Of Life Immortal Is From Yahwah

If Yahshua said "I will raise him up" the Jews would have stoned him on the spot. And yet we see no comment by the Jews in the New Testament for such a claim.
More Catholic Hanky Panky.

Only Yahwah is able to grant life immortal.

Yahshua came here to reconcile mankind to Yahwah through a new covenant. Yahshua did not come here to elevate himself.

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and (I / He) will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and (I / He) will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and (I / He) will raise him up at the last day.

Psalm 16:10
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.

Psalm 49:9
so that they should live on forever and not see decay.

Acts 2:27
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay.

Acts 2:31
Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay.

Acts 13:35
So it is also stated elsewhere: “‘You will not let your holy one see decay.’

Acts 13:37
But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay.

1 Corinthians 15:15
More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God, that he raised Christ from the dead.

Here’s a sad fact, that although we all read the same Bible, you were probably born and raised in a democratic, egalitarian society, whereas me in a totalitarian, classist one, inevitably we have formed very different worldviews, and through the lenses of which we only see what we wanna see in the Bible - to you, “all priests with equal access to God;” to me, bishops, deacons and pastors ordained by God to teach others.
You are off the mark as I might be a baby boomer, but never involved myself in any world views or any type of movements as I have always lived a simple life treating others as I want to be treated and helping those in need. I went to church off and on, but it wasn't until 1997 when I was 43 contemplating suicide that I literally hit the dirt and cried out to God. It was then after pouring my heart out to Him that I for the first time in my life felt the intense love of God as He wrapped me in His arms and spoke to me as that night my Spiritual eyes and ears were opened. That night I surrendered and submitted all of me to God who teaches me through His Holy Spirit. It was like I had to empty my head of all the various teachings I ever sat under and allowed the Holy Spirit to start teaching me. We are the children of God through the Spiritual rebirth and no longer of this world.

I already gave to you back in post #34 what has already been written in the scriptures about priest, elders and deacons being all together as making up the body of Christ.

You might want to go back and study 1Corinthians 12 as all the Spiritual gifts were given to those in whom God has chosen for the purpose of His ministry here on earth. God is no respecter of person as those who are His own make up the body of Christ.

Sometimes God gives one a time and season as He did me when He called me to be an Evangelist for the purpose of prison ministry so I, yes a woman, could preach/teach the word of God to the inmates. I had to take classes in order to get my Evangelist license.

You are off the mark as I might be a baby boomer, but never involved myself in any world views or any type of movements as I have always lived a simple life treating others as I want to be treated and helping those in need. I went to church off and on, but it wasn't until 1997 when I was 43 contemplating suicide that I literally hit the dirt and cried out to God. It was then after pouring my heart out to Him that I for the first time in my life felt the intense love of God as He wrapped me in His arms and spoke to me as that night my Spiritual eyes and ears were opened. That night I surrendered and submitted all of me to God who teaches me through His Holy Spirit. It was like I had to empty my head of all the various teachings I ever sat under and allowed the Holy Spirit to start teaching me. We are the children of God through the Spiritual rebirth and no longer of this world.
Worldview per se is not pagan or evil, nor is "movement". Actually, a true follower of Christ must have a biblical worldview of four pillars - Creation, Desacreation (or Fall of humanity), Salvation and Glorification, and that is what many, if not most Christians lack. We all know the core gospel message - "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures." (1 Cor. 15:3-4) But if you don't have these four pillars, you wouldn't know who Christ is, what sin is, which "Scripture" is referred to, and most importantly, WHY we need Christ, this message would mean nothing to you.

Likewise, "movement" doesn't have to be a social or political movement, which I believe that's what you're referring to, but spiritual and physical movement are essential. Einstein said that "life is like riding a bike, if you stop moving, you lose balance." If we don't follow the Holy Spirit and move forward, become more mature, then we'll stagnate, it could be years, and then backslide, and then hit the rock bottom like you described. I gotta admit that right now I'm going down a rather stoic route, as I'm bound by my duties in my job and my family, I don't like them, but in them I find my worth; if one day I lose them, I don't have any of them, nobody needs me anymore, where would I go and what would I do? I'll probably develop suicidal thought as well. I'd better surrender to God before I possibly hit that rock bottom.

Worldview per se is not pagan or evil, nor is "movement". Actually, a true follower of Christ must have a biblical worldview of four pillars - Creation, Desacreation (or Fall of humanity), Salvation and Glorification, and that is what many, if not most Christians lack. We all know the core gospel message - "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures." (1 Cor. 15:3-4) But if you don't have these four pillars, you wouldn't know who Christ is, what sin is, which "Scripture" is referred to, and most importantly, WHY we need Christ, this message would mean nothing to you.

Likewise, "movement" doesn't have to be a social or political movement, which I believe that's what you're referring to, but spiritual and physical movement are essential. Einstein said that "life is like riding a bike, if you stop moving, you lose balance." If we don't follow the Holy Spirit and move forward, become more mature, then we'll stagnate, it could be years, and then backslide, and then hit the rock bottom like you described. I gotta admit that right now I'm going down a rather stoic route, as I'm bound by my duties in my job and my family, I don't like them, but in them I find my worth; if one day I lose them, I don't have any of them, nobody needs me anymore, where would I go and what would I do? I'll probably develop suicidal thought as well. I'd better surrender to God before I possibly hit that rock bottom.
It can either be the world before us, the cross behind us, but needs to be the cross before us the world behind us. This is what Jesus was showing His disciples that day in Caesarea Philippi that the gates of hell can not prevail. God has to come first in our life above family and anything else. In the verses below Jesus didn't say to hate your family, but to put Him first above them, especially for the needs of the family as we love and trust Christ who supplies our needs. We are never alone as there are many that need us even if they do not know it at the time.

Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

It can either be the world before us, the cross behind us, but needs to be the cross before us the world behind us. This is what Jesus was showing His disciples that day in Caesarea Philippi that the gates of hell can not prevail. God has to come first in our life above family and anything else. In the verses below Jesus didn't say to hate your family, but to put Him first above them, especially for the needs of the family as we love and trust Christ who supplies our needs. We are never alone as there are many that need us even if they do not know it at the time.

Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
"The cross before us, the world behind us" is a very misleading and consequential slogan, it's tainted with the gnostic philosophy of "spirit good, matters bad". In practice, it often leads to an escapist attitude of cowardice, you've got discouraged and disheartened Christians who have concluded that the world is hopeless, it's going down to hell in a hand basket. In response to that, they withdraw into their own little sanctuary for meditation and pray for the Lord's imminent return. The modern version of this is the rapture theology, that we're all gonna suddenly disappear right before the Great Tribulation, so leave the world behind to the devil, don't get involved in any worldly affairs, it's all futile, there's nothing we can do, just focus on the cross and wait for the rapture. This is having our God given talent buried in the ground, it renders us ineffective, no different from the bums bing watching Netflix playing video games in their parents' basement, and I believe this kind of escapism is partially to blame for the chaos in the world, America and the whole western civilization is under judgement for the church's nonchalance and inaction. I've noticed it on this very forum, not only haven some people given up preaching to the world, they're not even preaching to the choir, they're more like preaching to the mirror, a microcosm of information bubble. Jesus taught the opposite - the world before us, the cross behind us; He sent us into the world to preach the gospel, the cross is our strength and authority behind.

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. (Jn. 17:15)
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit; (Matt. 28:19)

Last edited:
"The cross before us, the world behind us" is a very misleading and consequential slogan, it's tainted with the gnostic philosophy of "spirit good, matters bad". In practice, it often leads to an escapist attitude of cowardice, you've got discouraged and disheartened Christians who have concluded that the world is hopeless, it's going down to hell in a hand basket. In response to that, they withdraw into their own little sanctuary for meditation and pray for the Lord's imminent return. The modern version of this is the rapture theology, that we're all gonna suddenly disappear right before the Great Tribulation, so leave the world behind to the devil, don't get involved in any worldly affairs, it's all futile, there's nothing we can do, just focus on the cross and wait for the rapture. This is having our God given talent buried in the ground, it renders us ineffective, no different from the bums bing watching Netflix playing video games in their parents' basement, and I believe this kind of escapism is partially to blame for the chaos in the world, America and the whole western civilization is under judgement for the church's nonchalance and inaction. I've noticed it on this very forum, not only haven some people given up preaching to the world, they're not even preaching to the choir, they're more like preaching to the mirror, a microcosm of information bubble. Jesus taught the opposite - the world before us, the cross behind us; He sent us into the world to preach the gospel, the cross is our strength and authority behind.

I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. (Jn. 17:15)
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit; (Matt. 28:19)
What I am talking about is that Christ Jesus must come first in our life above everything in our life, including family, jobs and friends. We need to be about our Fathers business while we are still here on this present earth, 2Peter 3:10-13; Rev 21:1-2. I don't believe in the false Rapture theory as it is not found in scripture. Jesus already taught us in Matthew 24 of those things which must come first before His return for those who are His own and that this world will wax worse and worse. Our job is to take the Gospel message out into the world to as many that will have ears to hear.

Jesus is the rock and the foundation of the body of Christ with He being the head of the body. My husband (no kids) knows I love him with all my heart and soul, but he also knows that Jesus comes first in all things of our marriage, family and friends. The cross before us reminds us of the suffering Jesus endured for His great love for us, even while we were yet carnal sinners.

Where in your Bible does it say we have priests? I would be surprised if you can point to even one verse. But if you can find one, please identify the verses that say that our access to God is through a priest. There's no way that POV is Biblical, otherwise the following Scripture would be contradicted:

19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. (Heb 10:19–22)​

What I am talking about is that Christ Jesus must come first in our life above everything in our life, including family, jobs and friends. We need to be about our Fathers business while we are still here on this present earth, 2Peter 3:10-13; Rev 21:1-2. I don't believe in the false Rapture theory as it is not found in scripture. Jesus already taught us in Matthew 24 of those things which must come first before His return for those who are His own and that this world will wax worse and worse. Our job is to take the Gospel message out into the world to as many that will have ears to hear.
See, it's all about prioritization! Why didn't you say so? We need discernment not to jsut tell right from wrong, but to tell right from ALMOST right, "the cross before us, the world behind us" is a good example. Since we need to be about our Fathers business, leaving the "world" behind would be dereliction of duty.

I don't believe in the rapture theory either, but I gotta say that the dispensationalists who cling to it are the only ones who teach biblcial prophecy and take them seriously, interpreting global events through the lens of which. No other church I know cares, most of them hold an escapist attitude as I mentioned before, some have taken the "moralistic therapeutic deism" route, I find that more disheartening than all the gloom and doom in the world.

Where in your Bible does it say we have priests? I would be surprised if you can point to even one verse.
Ancient Israelites had Levitical priests, we have one Priest, our Lord in heaven. And just to be clear, I'm not the on harping on the bumper sticker "we're all priests", I can't help but feel a little cynical on that one. You should have this discussion with madam for_his_glory. But make no mistake, we do have overseers of the church according to 1 Tim. 3, namely the offices of bishop and deacon, a list of qualifications are listed in there. They may not called priest, but those leadership positions are legit, they are biblical.

Of course the early Church had priests...

Priest (Presbyter)—-> 1 Tim 5:17, Titus 1:5, Hebrews 11:2, James 5:14, 1 Peter 5:1

The New Testament priesthood is demonstrated from the Scriptures explicitly in name (see above) and in function by the fact that there exists the new covenant, which is the Christian Eucharist (cf. Mt. 26: 28, Mark 14:24, Luke 22:20, 1 Cor 11:25).

The reason Protestant sects do not have priests is because they do not have the Eucharist. And, if you have no Eucharist, you have no Church because the Church cannot exist without the Eucharist; nor can the Eucharist exist without the Church. Thus when you reject not only the reality of the Eucharist - God's presence among His people - you also reject the reality of the Church, and replace it with an "invisible, pneumatic" sect of disjointed believers of various and differing creeds. The reality is the Eucharist is the believer's means of communicatio / communion (1 Cor. 10:16); not only with God, but with our fellow believers. Thus the Eucharist is the Sacrament of the unity of men with God and of men with each other. For this reason, Christ's Church must have priests.

To summarize: No Priests = No Eucharist = No Church

Ancient Israelites had Levitical priests, we have one Priest, our Lord in heaven. And just to be clear, I'm not the on harping on the bumper sticker "we're all priests", I can't help but feel a little cynical on that one. You should have this discussion with madam for_his_glory. But make no mistake, we do have overseers of the church according to 1 Tim. 3, namely the offices of bishop and deacon, a list of qualifications are listed in there. They may not called priest, but those leadership positions are legit, they are biblical.
I thought when you posted the following comment you were saying we did not all have equal access to God, but needed to go to God through others...

we have formed very different worldviews, and through the lenses of which we only see what we wanna see in the Bible - to you, “all priests with equal access to God;” to me, bishops, deacons and pastors ordained by God to teach others.​

Of course the early Church had priests...

Priest (Presbyter)—-> 1 Tim 5:17, Titus 1:5, Hebrews 11:2, James 5:14, 1 Peter 5:1

The New Testament priesthood is demonstrated from the Scriptures explicitly in name (see above) and in function by the fact that there exists the new covenant, which is the Christian Eucharist (cf. Mt. 26: 28, Mark 14:24, Luke 22:20, 1 Cor 11:25).

The reason Protestant sects do not have priests is because they do not have the Eucharist. And, if you have no Eucharist, you have no Church because the Church cannot exist without the Eucharist; nor can the Eucharist exist without the Church. Thus when you reject not only the reality of the Eucharist - God's presence among His people - you also reject the reality of the Church, and replace it with an "invisible, pneumatic" sect of disjointed believers of various and differing creeds. The reality is the Eucharist is the believer's means of communicatio / communion (1 Cor. 10:16); not only with God, but with our fellow believers. Thus the Eucharist is the Sacrament of the unity of men with God and of men with each other. For this reason, Christ's Church must have priests.

To summarize: No Priests = No Eucharist = No Church
The Greek word for "priest" is "ἱερεύς", not "πρεσβύτερος" (which is the Greek word for "elder").

Here are all the verses in the NT with the Greek word for "priest"

Matt 8:4And Jesus said to him, “See that you tell no one; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”​
Matt 12:4how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?​
Matt 12:5Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?​
Mark 1:44and said to him, “See that you say nothing to anyone; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing those things which Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.”​
Mark 2:26how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?”​
Luke 1:5There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah. His wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.​
Luke 5:14And He charged him to tell no one, “But go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as a testimony to them, just as Moses commanded.”​
Luke 6:4how he went into the house of God, took and ate the showbread, and also gave some to those with him, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat?”​
Luke 10:31Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.​
Luke 17:14So when He saw them, He said to them, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.​
John 1:19Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?”​
Acts 4:1Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees came upon them,​
Acts 5:24Now when the high priest, the captain of the temple, and the chief priests heard these things, they wondered what the outcome would be.​
Acts 6:7Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.​
Acts 14:13Then the priest of Zeus, whose temple was in front of their city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, intending to sacrifice with the multitudes.​
(Continued)

Heb 5:6As He also says in another place: “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek”;​
Heb 7:1For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,​
Heb 7:3without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.​
Heb 7:11Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?​
Heb 7:15And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
Heb 7:17For He testifies: “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”​
Heb 7:21(for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ”),​
Heb 7:23Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing.​
Heb 8:4For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law;​
Heb 9:6Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing the services.​
Heb 10:11And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.​
Heb 10:21and having a High Priest over the house of God,​
Rev 1:6and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.​
Rev 5:10And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.”​
Rev 20:6Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.​

Here are all the verses in the NT with the Greek word for "elder":
Matt 15:2“Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread.”​
Matt 16:21From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.​
Matt 21:23Now when He came into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people confronted Him as He was teaching, and said, “By what authority are You doing these things? And who gave You this authority?”​
Matt 26:3Then the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders of the people assembled at the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas,​
Matt 26:47And while He was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came from the chief priests and elders of the people.​
Matt 26:57And those who had laid hold of Jesus led Him away to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and the elders were assembled.​
Matt 26:59Now the chief priests, the elders, and all the council sought false testimony against Jesus to put Him to death,​
Matt 27:1When morning came, all the chief priests and elders of the people plotted against Jesus to put Him to death.​
Matt 27:3Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that He had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,​
Matt 27:12And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He answered nothing.​
Matt 27:20But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus.​
(Continued)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back