Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"Pizza's Ongoing Life Thread"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Less than a month away from the Fall Dragon....

[video=youtube;rN5FnjPxVRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN5FnjPxVRw[/video]

(Two of my friends, I'm not in this video, can't keep up with these guys but riding in the "camera car" on a similar run this spring, I got car sick for the first time in my life.)

Did you get sick because he was going real fast?

Well, I wasn't afraid - I trust Nick's driving - but the G-forces in the curves were REALLY something. Got awful woozy in my stomach after about 10 miles and over 275 curves!

Yea, you can ruin a steering stabilizer in a week up there!

I guess it was motion sickness. (Ok, fact is, I tasted some of his "jungle juice" the night before and that may have contributed to it - not sure.)

Well, I wasn't afraid - I trust Nick's driving - but the G-forces in the curves were REALLY something. Got awful woozy in my stomach after about 10 miles and over 275 curves!

Yea, you can ruin a steering stabilizer in a week up there!

I guess it was motion sickness. (Ok, fact is, I tasted some of his "jungle juice" the night before and that may have contributed to it - not sure.)

Well if it was the curves you could not go to my church. You'd be in bad shape! :verysickGood thing they don't bother me, it's alot more curvy than that for over half an hour on either road getting there.

Four days from ALMOST exactly RIGHT NOW, I leave for the Fall Dragon:

71 Crossfires
91 Genesis Coupes
... and over 200 car-crazy people from age 18 to 74! ;)

This year, I lead "Pizza's Posers" thru the Cherohala Skyway Run - 140 miles of mountain beauty, curves, fall colors, one gorgeous waterfall and 20 to 30 of the prettiest and lowest-priced* sports cars in the world!

*Yes, most of us paid less for our Crossfire than you did for your last minivan.

Every once in a while, you just have to... See, Gary had led a tour thru the mountains for our new members. I was the "tail", and had the responsibility of keeping everyone together ('cause if you get separated, you can get lost on our up-to-200-mile tours). All cars had a two-way radio, so we could talk and even give "tour guide speeches" as we drove.

Anyway, after we got to within a few miles of the Lodge, we left our newbs at the Gift/Gas/Tourist shop, as they could find their way home from there. Gary announced he was headed back to the Lodge - I suspected I knew what he was thinking - and I was right.

Some of you wish to be a kid again - I think I'm being a kid for the FIRST time...

[video=youtube;NQFZeMk2cI4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQFZeMk2cI4&feature=g-upl[/video]

Starting at 41 seconds, that is us leaving. I was supposed to lead, but Gary wanted to lead and I actually like being in back...

This is the beginning of our Skyway run that I mention in the post above.

My car club and the other club (Genesis Coupes) worked together to save a man's life that day, 5700 feet up in the fog on the SkyWay. I was not directly involved, but, anyway, I will post the story here tomorrow.

[video]http://www.facebook.com/v/4779818618301[/video] <------ Would someone please let me know if this video plays for non-facebook people?

The very last car you see pull out, is me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if you want to know what else is there... here is a video of the drive from Fontana Village to Fontana Dam. (Yea, that's my car he's following...)

Fontana Dam was built by the TVA during WWII - you can google it, they say it's the tallest dam east of the Mississippi and was the fourth tallest dam in the world when built.

[video=youtube;Ui5I1ct9YvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ui5I1ct9YvA[/video]

So, during our Dragon Weekend, some of my friend were following a Harley club thru the Dragon. One of the riders got loose on a curve and went into the ditch. He sat there trying to get out, but only digging his bike in deeper. So, Chuk gets out of his car and lifts the back of the bike (with the rider on it) and gets him out of the ditch!

If I am ever in a bar fight... I want Chuk on my side !

If you quickly double-click, you will go to full screen mode - makes it *somewhat* easier to view...

[video=youtube;6JLZSwFC8-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6JLZSwFC8-U[/video]

Mat_25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Had my first YOGA class today! I should have done this years ago! My back actually felt better after class, never expected THAT!
I had no idea Yoga was so strenuous. I felt GOOD but TIRED after 90 minutes.

No kidding, my back has been pain free all afternoon - and if feels "right" (no better way to describe the feeling) not "tight" like it so often does.
Again, this is after ONE class ! !

Oh, and I quit caffeine last Thursday (which means I almost completely quit soft drinks as well). I'm drinking a LOT of water.

As you can see - I'm making some kinda big changes these days.
More changes coming....

Pizza is not something I actually eat very often, anymore.

And unfortunately, no, it all has nothing to do with her. It's about change - changing my horrible diet, getting away from stimulants and sugary soft drinks, improving my health - and in time, changing how I earn a living.

Wow Pizza lets us know when you ready to get rid of your car!

No kidding Mark that is really great... you will feel so much better... i believe it helps the thinking also.... :thumbsup

I'll tell ya, I've been off Caffiene since Thursday and today I got up at 6am with ease! (Headed up to the Dragon for a day of playing around).

Now, normally, I cant get outta bed like that - even for something I want to do - and I was so AWAKE, it was awesome.

Fact is, those of us who "Need our coffee to get going" are in need of the coffee only because we USE coffee in the first place. (Now, mind you, I was a terrible caffeine abuser. Not only did I drink coffee every morning, but two cokes iwth lunch, one in the afternoon and usually two with dinner. I was totally controlled by the caffeine.)

Last Sunday on the Dragon...

[video=youtube;YhAgdn-7eu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhAgdn-7eu0[/video]

Funny thing is - these were not kids, both guys are older than I am!
When I got to the gap, I talked to them, said, "I thought I was chasing kids".

One guy replied, "Oh, we're all big kids..." ;)

Honestly, never saw a guy handle a Honda Goldwing like this...

[video=youtube;5YXNGhwlTPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YXNGhwlTPE[/video]

I"m flying to Las Vega for a convention next March. I'll have a weekend free - anyone here know the area? Can anyone recommend good hiking/nature trails within 100 miles or so of the city? Any other nature-based tourist advice?

Also - anyone here live near Vegas who'd like to meet for lunch Saturday the 16th?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back