Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

"Pizza's Ongoing Life Thread"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Your sister is very blessed to have a brother who cares for her as you do.

You wouldn't believe how callous some families are to their sick members. Majority of the ones I visit who are REALLY sick, are practically abandoned and are ridiculously appreciative of visits from strangers like me.

I know your sister loves you more now than she ever has before. I'm happy and sad at the same time, for her and for you.

Ok, it all went wrong.

The group home that Deb is in tossed her out with an hour's notice. The owner claims that taking care of Deb is impossible for her as Deb is on I.V. meds for ten days. She was moved into a nursing home and is upset because she has none of her meds (standard procedure, they will order a fresh set tomorrow - not really that unusual).

She is also upset because the nursing home has no patient lift and is not at all prepared for Deb's care. (Deb's patient lift and electric wheelchair was not brought with her, I have no freakin idea why. Well, other than, as Deb says, "we are warehoused, life ended when I went to the group home, and it's gonna be way worse now".) She said (thru tears) she knows that, the only thing she can do now, is die.

If you plan on getting old, pray to what ever God you believe in that you dont' get sick. And if you do, you better have TONS of money and family to provide care - otherwise, you are in a world of a mess.

My sister is a giving person, but I must say, she is hard to tolerate. I kinda know why her husband divorced her, and mabye why her son does less than what I sure did for MY parents.

She kinda drives people away, and this is NOTHING new 'cause of the M.S. I am facing the fact that this is the case, this is the primary reason I can't take her in, I"m afraid she'd drive me from my own home.

Seems like the Bible says something about the woman who tears down her own home.................

Pray for both of us. I am back in Tulsa this week, and can do nothign for her anyway until I return home Friday.
(This is my 5th week out here since Thanksgiving.)

Of course.

Again, much respect for sticking by your sister. ESPECIALLY knowing she's not as easygoing as you seem to be. :)

Thanks, Kaliani!

Anyway, just put this on my Facebook page and thought I'd share it here, too:

Well, sister just called (she knows she was kinda tough to talk to last night) and wanted to say that she sees a bright side to the Nursing Home - they have a full time physical therapist and this lady "beat her up" and she feels TIRED now, but knows that this lady's treatments are what she has been lacking for two years. "This place may, in the long run, have been just what I needed..."

Well, I hope to re-join my friends here soon. But for the eigth week since Thanksgiving, I will do what I have been doing ... on Monday I will drive to the airport, fly to Tulsa and work.
Then, on Friday, I fly home. I travel on Monday and Friday and work Tues/Wed/Thurs, sounds like a light week, but all the travel, flying and TSA stuff gets OLD. I arrive home SO tired....

They say I'm working in Oklahoma/Missouri pretty much all the time till June. Delta Airlines is making a KILLING on this - over $1100 a week, no end in sight.

But SOMEDAY things will slow down and I'll be back. Right now, been home 3 hours and I'm beat. Headed to bed. Blessings to all.

ON MY SISTER: She's in a nursing home temporarily for a UTI. I MIGHT have some good, BIG news about her. Not going to spill the beans just yet, but please pray for Debi and what may be a big, good change for her.
Please.
Thanks.

Great news, Pizza! Will continue to pray for Debi. By the way, have you checked out Southwest? Or is your company travel guru sold out to Delta? Or maybe Southwest doesn't fly home for you? I'm being nosy aren't I? Never mind.

:toofunny

:ohmy

I go with Delta 'cause I'm saving miles to go to Japan to see my kids, and Southwest does not fly to Japan.

I also insist on non-stop flights... I have been burnt on missing connections and cancelled connections.

Just dropping in for a few minutes this evening. My sister's situation has changed little. She is STILL in the nursing home but it sounds like she'll be back at the group home in two weeks.

My job goes on, not a bad company but the guy I work for is a very troubled man. (Oh, sure, he attends church, I guess mostly to appease his wife.) He is an example of walking evil, common in the corporate world. There IS a bright spot here, he cost the company a $1.8M sale last month - corporate is watching him.

I went to Vegas in March to our industry's convention, first time in 30 years. Had a great time, spend $4,000 in all, but had three job interviews and turned down the only job offered - because it was in California.

My last Dragon event was a blast! Our fearless leaders (both of them) could not make it, so I ended up co-leader with another guy. I got positive feedback from most everyone and had a really good time.

I FINALLY got a chance to lead a group, here I am leading a few 'moderates' thru the tail of the Dragon:
(The next day, we ran again, and encountered three sheriff deputies, they observed us and waved, but did not come after us - and we were doing 58 in a 30 the third time they saw us! The Dragon is a different world, you can get away with a lot if you keep to your side of the road and keep it "reasonable".) Oddly enough, I got a ticket in Missouri in an underpowered rental car the following week on a business trip!

THis brings me to the next topic, I've been in Tulsa or the Tulsa area 11 weeks since Christmas. I've been on a plane every week except for three since January 1. I never thought I'd have a job where I commute on a jet plane, but that is what is happening, we have a big project out there! I've also been to Cleveland, to put a system in at Progressive Field for the Indians.

So... what ya all been doing?

[video=youtube;UXndFM1y0NM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXndFM1y0NM[/video]

Click the little gear icon and watch it in HD!

Ohhhhhhhhhh, and I've also discovered a music group from Iceland: Of Monsters and Men.
They only have one CD out, but I can't get enough of it! They have a funny way of writing songs - you can make a lot of their songs mean anything you want them to! ;)

Just been hanging out here getting into as much trouble as I can...:) Always good to hear from you Pizza.

You have shared troubles and hurts ,I see through to your faith and am blessed Thanks

If you liked that, you'll really like this one... Phil has his camera on his rear bumper, he's following me up "Hellbender Hill" with Nathan trying to keep up in his Z4....

I LOVE that hill, but these guys had never even seen it before... it's only a few miles but what a fun ride!

[video=youtube;9HuIaeh8oDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HuIaeh8oDM[/video]

That was a good one. I actually liked the other one better. Going forward I could go along for the ride, kinda. But that's a nice drive.

I live in the Rockies, my old boss and I went to meet with the CPA, year end tax meeting. We each took a Saab and he left 10 mins. before I did. With a smirk and a parting remark he said, "bet you don't catch me". Well the challenge was on....
Mountains and canyon two lane for 62 miles. I pulled in 3 mins. after he did. I never looked at the speedometer once, I was afraid, too. At speed limit it takes 1 hour 20 mins. We made it in 45, not too shabby. Now I'm trying to think it may have been 55 but I don't think so. It was many yrs. ago.

Yea, I don't look at the speedo when I'm driving like that, either. Taking your eyes off the road is a no-no.

I really like the video from behind, too! I have plenty of them taken from in my car, but nothing looks better than the view from another car!

We go up there as a club twice a year, just made my reservations for October today. My channel is "nihongoguy" on YT, I have about ten more BORING videos on there, and about four that are good!

Good to be here, not sure how much I'll be here this week, or in the near-term.

I fly back to Tulsa tomorrow, but I HAVE made a resolution: No more 14 hour workdays! I exercise every night, started it last monday. And I limit myself to about 9 hours' work a day now.

Not going to give up my health for this stupid job; not going to give up my personal life, either.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back