Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] POST HERE TO MAKE A COMMENT ON THE DEBATE

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Darck Marck said:
[quote="Gary_Bee":a151c][quote="Darck Marck":a151c]Everyone has to observe the debate and decide for themselves who they think is the winner.

BL posted that a new topic is coming....can't wait. 8-)

Gary: What do you think of the debate so far? How are each doing? Who has won each topic so far?

.[/quote:a151c]

Well, I thought BL's opening topic was well thought out, and was a fair critisism(if I remember what it was correctly that is). Tua's rebuttal didn't look so great, too many I don't knows(2 or 3 IIRC). The next arguement about the ERVs, Tua did better with, although BL still won that as well, Lets say Tua didn't lose as bad that time.

BL-2 Tua-0

Just my observations and opinions. (I have to call it like I see'em.)[/quote:a151c]

What I don't knows were there?

Darck Marck said:
Well, I thought BL's opening topic was well thought out, and was a fair critisism(if I remember what it was correctly that is). Tua's rebuttal didn't look so great, too many I don't knows(2 or 3 IIRC). The next arguement about the ERVs, Tua did better with, although BL still won that as well, Lets say Tua didn't lose as bad that time.

BL-2 Tua-0

Just my observations and opinions. (I have to call it like I see'em.)
I'd say it's 1 all...

BLs opening arguement was about classification being inexact, Tua not only agreed, but showed the inherrent flaw in the whole micro/macro evolution idea.

There is no difference between them except in the human mind, which makes it a problem for us, not evolution, and as that was the first "problem with ToE", it means he lost that round the moment he started it. (though he was more convincing on some parts, he is supposed to be debating the problems WITH evolution, not with the way the human mind works...)

I think that you must recognize that opening arguments are not always as strong as they often set-up later arguments. My opening argument was used to show that we haven't even gotten it right on the very basic level of modern classification... so modern observations of "speciation" become a little sketchy to say the least.

:)

BL

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="Darck Marck":7541d][quote="Gary_Bee":7541d][quote="Darck Marck":7541d]Everyone has to observe the debate and decide for themselves who they think is the winner.

BL posted that a new topic is coming....can't wait. 8-)

Gary: What do you think of the debate so far? How are each doing? Who has won each topic so far?

.[/quote:7541d]

BL-2 Tua-0

Just my observations and opinions. (I have to call it like I see'em.)[/quote:7541d]

What I don't knows were there?[/quote:7541d]

It may have been a memory out of context, so..nevermind that. Even if you didn't know some things, that wasn't you biggest problem.

No, Darck Marck, I think Tua is doing a fine Job defending evolution. her points are as clear as she can make them. I'm still with you guys though, I just think so far BL has been a little better. This may be because I already know a little from BL's point of view, which just makes things clearer anyway. I'm learning quite a lot from this debate already.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
No, Darck Marck, I think Tua is doing a fine Job defending evolution. her points are as clear as she can make them. I'm still with you guys though, I just think so far BL has been a little better. This may be because I already know a little from BL's point of view, which just makes things clearer anyway. I'm learning quite a lot from this debate already.

Arrghh...dude, I'm a guy! :tongue

Darck Marck said:
It may have been a memory out of context, so..nevermind that. Even if you didn't know some things, that wasn't you biggest problem.

Which is....? I don't claim to know all things.

Tiger said:
That includes the freedom not to have a religion, so Atheism would be fine...
8-)
Sorry to dissappoint you,but atheism will not be fine to the global
church at all. You are actually hinting that there is no God,and some
of you actually try to say that there is no God. That is seen as more
intolerant. It is very possible that atheists will be used as an example
to put fear in the christians who believe like me.
You also make really ugly remarks about the way I believe,but that
won't be allowed to happen when the global religious system takes
over.
I believe the bible,and that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
There is nothing wrong with that. To the world maybe,but not to
me. I also don't try to force my faith on anyone. That will not
matter to the antichrist at all. He will not allow anyone to believe
that Jesus Christ is the only way to God.
Just remember when the time comes that someone dared to tell
you about it anyway.

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="Brutus/HisCatalyst":9dfe0]No, Darck Marck, I think Tua is doing a fine Job defending evolution. her points are as clear as she can make them. I'm still with you guys though, I just think so far BL has been a little better. This may be because I already know a little from BL's point of view, which just makes things clearer anyway. I'm learning quite a lot from this debate already.

Arrghh...dude, I'm a guy! :tongue[/quote:9dfe0]

My bad, I know that too. I don't know why I did that. I'm sorry. :oops: Your still doing very well.

blueeyeliner said:
8-)
church at all.
Kindly prove that, or admit it's just your belief of what will be.
You are actually hinting that there is no God
Am I? Would you like to show me where I have declared that I am an Atheist?
and some of you actually try to say that there is no God.
Still trying to lump me in with Atheists I see..
That is seen as more intolerant.
More than saying that every other religion has got it wrong? Sorry B.E.L. but it is not more intolerant, just AS intolerant.
It is very possible that atheists will be used as an example to put fear in the christians who believe like me.
It is very possible that Christians who believe like you will be used as an example to put fear in the Atheists... (works both ways, so don't try to scare people into believing)
You also make really ugly remarks about the way I believe
Just following your lead, nothing more...
but that won't be allowed to happen when the global religious system takes over.
Get your act together then and be more tolerant of others.
Btw... As yet, I have not said that what I "believe" is right, only that I do not believe in what others believe in. You, on the other hand, have stated often that ONLY what you believe is right, and that everyone else is wrong. (unless they believe like you)

I am tolerant of others beliefs, you, on the other hand, have shown that you are not.

Funny that... A non-Christian more tolerant than a Christian. Who would've guessed... :-?

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="Darck Marck":6767f]

Which is....? I don't claim to know all things.[/quote:6767f]

I never claimed you claimed to know all things.

Darck Marck said:
[quote="The Tuatha'an":a8d99][quote="Darck Marck":a8d99]

Which is....? I don't claim to know all things.[/quote:a8d99]

I never claimed you claimed to know all things.[/quote:a8d99]

So, then tell me what my biggest problem is?

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="Darck Marck":7ce64][quote="The Tuatha'an":7ce64][quote="Darck Marck":7ce64]

Which is....? I don't claim to know all things.[/quote:7ce64]

I never claimed you claimed to know all things.[/quote:7ce64]

So, then tell me what my biggest problem is?[/quote:7ce64]

just my opinion, but I beleive BL's arguements agaisnt evolutionary theory are better than your defense of it. But, that may just be because it is easier to attack something than to defend it, so we'll have to see how both of you do when the tables turn.

Darck Marck said:
[quote="The Tuatha'an":797c0][quote="Darck Marck":797c0][quote="The Tuatha'an":797c0][quote="Darck Marck":797c0]

Which is....? I don't claim to know all things.[/quote:797c0]

I never claimed you claimed to know all things.[/quote:797c0]

So, then tell me what my biggest problem is?[/quote:797c0]

just my opinion, but I beleive BL's arguements agaisnt evolutionary theory are better than your defense of it. But, that may just be because it is easier to attack something than to defend it, so we'll have to see how both of you do when the tables turn.[/quote:797c0]

That's definitely true, marck.

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="Darck Marck":5ac99][quote="The Tuatha'an":5ac99][quote="Darck Marck":5ac99][quote="The Tuatha'an":5ac99][quote="Darck Marck":5ac99]

Which is....? I don't claim to know all things.[/quote:5ac99]

I never claimed you claimed to know all things.[/quote:5ac99]

So, then tell me what my biggest problem is?[/quote:5ac99]

just my opinion, but I beleive BL's arguements agaisnt evolutionary theory are better than your defense of it. But, that may just be because it is easier to attack something than to defend it, so we'll have to see how both of you do when the tables turn.[/quote:5ac99]

That's definitely true, marck.[/quote:5ac99]

Yes. So, how would you rate yourself and BL?

[quote="Tiger I am tolerant of others beliefs, you, on the other hand, have shown that you are not.

Funny that... A non-Christian more tolerant than a Christian. Who would've guessed... :-?[/quote]

:o Huh?
When are you tolerant? You chase me around picking a fight all the
time,is that what you call tolerance?
You swoon in on my debates with atheists that don't involve your lippers
and don't include you in any way,and you are tolerant of others?
You don't even understand my relationship with the atheists here at all,
and you butt in where you don't belong,and you are tolerant?
I have been with these atheists for a long time now,and I don't hate
any of them,and I did not say that I'm always right. That would be you!
What is it to you that I am here? You are tolerant?
If you want to be in a real debate,state for the record what it is that
you do believe in.
If atheism is going to be tolerated by the world when the global religious
system takes power,show me your evidence and reasons why you think
like that. Being secretive about what you believe in is not right in a debate
forum. People should be able to clearly understand one another.
I hope you understand my position very well and won't forget it.
Prove to me that the antichrist will accept atheism.

Tiger said:
blueeyeliner said:
8-)
church at all.
Kindly prove that, or admit it's just your belief of what will be.
You are actually hinting that there is no God
Am I? Would you like to show me where I have declared that I am an Atheist?
[quote:47750]and some of you actually try to say that there is no God.
Still trying to lump me in with Atheists I see..
That is seen as more intolerant.
More than saying that every other religion has got it wrong? Sorry B.E.L. but it is not more intolerant, just AS intolerant.
It is very possible that atheists will be used as an example to put fear in the christians who believe like me.
It is very possible that Christians who believe like you will be used as an example to put fear in the Atheists... (works both ways, so don't try to scare people into believing)
You also make really ugly remarks about the way I believe
Just following your lead, nothing more...
but that won't be allowed to happen when the global religious system takes over.
Get your act together then and be more tolerant of others.
Btw... As yet, I have not said that what I "believe" is right, only that I do not believe in what others believe in. You, on the other hand, have stated often that ONLY what you believe is right, and that everyone else is wrong. (unless they believe like you)

I am tolerant of others beliefs, you, on the other hand, have shown that you are not.

Funny that... A non-Christian more tolerant than a Christian. Who would've guessed... :-?[/quote:47750]

Tiger, If you are so tolerent of others belief's then you wouldn't make such a remark. That not tolerance, that's an attempt at scolding someone you don't agree with.

Blueeyeliner is presenting the painful truth, you may take that any way you like.

God's Blessings.

Darck Marck said:

I think we've both come up with good points.

However, BL's non-acceptance of TOE rests on incredulity and God of the gaps....IMO

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="Darck Marck":biggrind5ee]

However, BL's non-acceptance of TOE rests on incredulity and God of the gaps....IMO
[/quote:biggrind5ee]

:wink: God has no gaps!

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="Darck Marck":9c905]

[/quote:9c905]
I have to agree with that.

Blueeyeliner, no offence, but I thought you said you weren't going to post in this section anymore? Did you change your mind?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back