Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Praying to the Saints in Heaven

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Correction. You believe only some of the words of God
In your opinion, which I don't respect. Also, I don't add on to God's words as you and other Catholics do.

And I don't pray to dead people either!

Again, why do you show Jesus as dead on the cross? He has been resurrected!!! Blasphemous!!!

In your opinion, which I don't respect. Also, I don't add on to God's words as you and other Catholics do.

You subtract from God's word and claim a false doctrine of Sola Sciptura
Nor do I.
I pray to people who are alive in heaven.

Again, why do you show Jesus as dead on the cross? He has been resurrected!!! Blasphemous!!!
Blasphemous? That's just your opinion.

But see Jesus Has Ascended Into Heaven

You subtract from God's word and claim a false doctrine of Sola Sciptura

Nor do I.
I pray to people who are alive in heaven.

Blasphemous? That's just your opinion.

But see Jesus Has Ascended Into Heaven
Those are just your personal opinions. It should be obvious by now that I have zero respect for them. Your believe Catholic teachings and I don't. I believe God's word. Your denomination has added so much to the written truth that it is tragic. You believe whatever your clergy has made up. I believe God!

There are many Christian denominations, all with differing opinions and "truths". They can't all be right! Why, because they are based on the teachings of men. I believe solely on the teachings of God as expressed in the Bible.

I have attended may different denominational services, including Catholic services, and everyone has different rituals and opinions. Jesus clearly stated, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 NET That is all I need to know.

No answer, Mungo? I'm not surprised!

Those are just your personal opinions. It should be obvious by now that I have zero respect for them. Your believe Catholic teachings and I don't. I believe God's word. Your denomination has added so much to the written truth that it is tragic. You believe whatever your clergy has made up. I believe God!

There are many Christian denominations, all with differing opinions and "truths". They can't all be right! Why, because they are based on the teachings of men. I believe solely on the teachings of God as expressed in the Bible.

I have attended may different denominational services, including Catholic services, and everyone has different rituals and opinions. Jesus clearly stated, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 NET That is all I need to know.

And just your personal opinions.

I wrote "why do you show Jesus as dead on the cross? He has been resurrected!!! Blasphemous!!!" and you didn't reply. Why? Because you can't!

As should be apparent by now, I have zero respect for you, your dogmatic opinions, and am quickly losing all respect for the Catholic denomination because of what you write. Are you proud of what you have accomplished? Maybe you should go to your priest and ask how many "Hail Mary" prayers you should repeat for forgiveness.

As should be apparent by now, I have zero respect for you, your dogmatic opinions, and am quickly losing all respect for the Catholic denomination because of what you write. Are you proud of what you have accomplished? Maybe you should go to your priest and ask how many "Hail Mary" prayers you should repeat for forgiveness.
Perhaps you should just stop posting in the Catholicism section.
You contribute nothing.

Right, and leave it to you to post Catholic untruths? Maybe you should dissolve the Catholic section.

Maybe you should just keep out of it.
You do not appear to want any rational discussion - just promote your personal opinions.

If you want to follow this up then reply on that thread.
You're telling me where to post???
If you want to follow this up then reply on that thread.
You wrote this earlier on this thread: You believe only some of the words of God. What does that have to do with praying to saints in heaven? Nothing!!!

Why aren't you posting in the appropriate thread?

You do not appear to want any rational discussion - just promote your personal opinions.

A perfect example of hypocrisy, or "the pot calling the kettle black".

A perfect example of hypocrisy, or "the pot calling the kettle black".
You just seem seem to want to argue. The topic doesn't matter to you.

You just seem seem to want to argue. The topic doesn't matter to you.
Since I don't respect your or your opinions I will continue to post. I believe in the truth as expressed in the Bible and I will continue to oppose false doctrines, Catholic, Orthodox, or otherwise. There is only one source of truth: the Bible.

Sola scriptura!

3. They can and do intercede for us in heaven
God is logical. That is evident just looking at creation. Now what do the scriptures say Jesus is doing in heaven?
… he is for ever to intercede for all who come to God through him.” (Heb 7:25).
Now, we, on earth, are to be imitating him, what he did while on earth.
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.” (1Cor 11;1)
Why would we stop imitating Jesus just because we go to heaven?
I don't have a problem with other believers praying for us, but answering prayer is what God alone does. Even when they need wine at the wedding in Cana, Mary brought the request to her Son. She didn't make the wine.
With this in mind, Heb.7:25 & 1Cor.11:1 would never be coupled together, as Hebrews is teaching on the intercession of the High Priest, the forgiveness that God alone grants.
I would like for you to know that I believe in certain ways, Catholicism is much closer to what our Lord taught than Protestantism is.

I don't have a problem with other believers praying for us, but answering prayer is what God alone does. Even when they need wine at the wedding in Cana, Mary brought the request to her Son. She didn't make the wine.
With this in mind, Heb.7:25 & 1Cor.11:1 would never be coupled together, as Hebrews is teaching on the intercession of the High Priest, the forgiveness that God alone grants.
I would like for you to know that I believe in certain ways, Catholicism is much closer to what our Lord taught than Protestantism is.
Would you further explain your last sentence?

Back