Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pretrib Teachings Damaging to Our Very Soul - Part 1

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Again, the scripture is crystal clear.

“And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off,
but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined. Daniel 9:26

At this point in the prophetic timeline, Messiah has been cut off and the city and sanctuary has been destroyed.

This brings us to the year 70 AD.

As of yet, the 70th week has not begun.

JLB

Do you really think the Muslims are going to hand over the Temple mount where the Dome of the Rock sits back to the Jews?

he made very good point deception is alive and well today... you have your prophecy belief and others has there's pre trib believers show the Church is no longer mentioned after chaPTER 3 . EVERY one sees it different . there are some who dont believe Christ will ever sit foot on this earth ? granted there are some pretty far out teachings .. but there are some who have sound teaching . the difference is in interpretation

Deception does increase as Satan knows his time is short. Scripture exposes the lies of Satan who works through others who teach another gospel. Everyone sees different for how they allow themselves to be taught just as how I was taught by man years ago that led me to believe at that time in a pretrib rapture even though I could not see it in scripture. They say after Rev chapter three the church is no longer here, but I have yet to see that anywhere as they use Rev 4:1 to support this.

This is when I let go of everything I was taught about pretrib and started searching the full context of the scriptures within the OT and NT history praying and asking the Holy Spirit teach me. Not everyone does this as they would rather believe everything that comes out of the pulpit without searching it out for themselves.

I expect pretribbers to come against what I have been given to teach, but the thing is when I ask them for their supporting scriptures there is nothing there that even indicates the church will be caught up to Jesus before God's great wrath begins.

I can't force anyone to believe me and I would hope that they didn't, but to take all the scriptures I give, as there are many, and pray and ask the Holy Spirit to teach them. Does believing pretrib affect ones salvation, probably not, but I would rather be prepared for what Jesus said that must come first then to be caught off guard if I am still alive at that time.

Deception does increase as Satan knows his time is short. Scripture exposes the lies of Satan who works through others who teach another gospel. Everyone sees different for how they allow themselves to be taught just as how I was taught by man years ago that led me to believe at that time in a pretrib rapture even though I could not see it in scripture. They say after Rev chapter three the church is no longer here, but I have yet to see that anywhere as they use Rev 4:1 to support this.

This is when I let go of everything I was taught about pretrib and started searching the full context of the scriptures within the OT and NT history praying and asking the Holy Spirit teach me. Not everyone does this as they would rather believe everything that comes out of the pulpit without searching it out for themselves.

I expect pretribbers to come against what I have been given to teach, but the thing is when I ask them for their supporting scriptures there is nothing there that even indicates the church will be caught up to Jesus before God's great wrath begins.

I can't force anyone to believe me and I would hope that they didn't, but to take all the scriptures I give, as there are many, and pray and ask the Holy Spirit to teach them. Does believing pretrib affect ones salvation, probably not, but I would rather be prepared for what Jesus said that must come first then to be caught off guard if I am still alive at that time.
i dont care who is pre trib mid trib or like you and jlb do . reformed said it best . i respect your belief and your study of the word once again its the title of the topic . it reminds me of a preacher i heard back in the summer in his message to the church he paused and said i am independent baptist from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. that just really impressed me .i'm a blood bought child of the king . you make it sound asif those who are pretribbers as you say.are fake or have some type disease
I expect pretribbers to come against what I have been given to teach,
you expect ?

My concern with this thread is not the content. On the content I have no comment especially since I didn't read it all. My disagreement is with the title saying a certain thing will damage our very souls. Specifically anyone who believes in pretrib has a damaged soul. In effect the writer is saying that if you don't interpret the book of Revelation the way I do you are in trouble, which is in itself a dangerous thing to say, not to mention extremely presumptuous. He didn't need to say that in order to make his case. We need to be more careful with our words and our judgements.
We are not the subject of Revelation, we are the recipients. It is obvious that Revelation is not chronicle. It speaks of things that had happened before it was written, things that were happening, things that hadn't happened yet but now have and things that haven't happened but will, not necessarily in that order. It is an overview of who Jesus is, what He has done and what He continues to do. We learn that Jesus is all authority and power ( thus He is God, the second person of the Trinity. Not secondary but second in order) that He controls all things and ordained all things, is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. That the world is in terrible shape through our rebellion and it will get worse but His people, those who trust in Him, will be safe. It gives us comfort that no matter what we have to go through in this part of our life, He has us beneath the shadow of His wings, He will bring us safely home. It promises us that He will return at some time unknown to us and restore all things. How we interpret the signs and symbols and timeline in Revelation does not affect our souls. The only thing that damages our souls is not trusting in Jesus for salvation.
The title of this thread could pull a believer towards believing the given interpretation in order to be saved and cause them to miss the whole purpose of Revelation. It won't affect his salvation if he is a true believer, but it could make him afraid. Be careful.

First, I am a woman, not a man just to let you know. Maybe I should have title it pretrib could be damaging to our very soul, but that is the title the Holy Spirit gave me. The whole purpose of writing and teaching this is because many would rather believe everything that comes from the pulpit instead of studying for themselves. Remember, the spirit of Jezebel also loves to teach from the pulpit, Rev 3:20.

We do not need to interpret the signs and the symbols as Jesus has already explained all that which is yet to come before His return as He told us to watch and pray so we will not be taken as a thief in the night, Matthew 24:1-31; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10. God has not appointed us unto His wrath as we are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, Ephesians 4:30. His great wrath being the seven trumpet tribulations of those days in the future will pass over those who are still alive at this tome that are sealed by the Holy Spirit. This will be like that of the passover in Exodus 12 as the blood of Jesus covers us as we flee to a place God has prepared for us in the wilderness, Rev 12.

I can only hope the title of this thread will draw others to study for themselves instead of believing everything that comes from the pulpit, plus I don't want anyone to believe me either, but believe that which has already been written in the scriptures.

I've heard that when you hear of the destruction of the dome of the rock, drop to your knees and pray...

That is my whole point Edward as in what we hear only by another, but do not follow up with the scriptures so we can read that of what they are talking about. It takes the past history combined with what's happening even today to understand that of the future.

i dont care who is pre trib mid trib or like you and jlb do . reformed said it best . i respect your belief and your study of the word once again its the title of the topic . it reminds me of a preacher i heard back in the summer in his message to the church he paused and said i am independent baptist from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. that just really impressed me .i'm a blood bought child of the king . you make it sound asif those who are pretribbers as you say.are fake or have some type disease you expect ?

Those who are pretribbers are not fake as they are also a blood bought child of God. What I am saying is there are many who teach pretrib, but have been deceived to believe a lie. Man has made himself rich by preaching a deceptive word. I have asked many times for someone to show me where it says in scripture where Jesus returns before God's great wrath is poured out into the world during the seven trumpets of tribulation and nobody can because it is not found anywhere in the Bible.

Yes, I expect others to come against what I teach and I have no problem with that. Did they not come against Jesus who has already taught about all of this? If all we had was Matthew 24:1-31 and no other scriptures would we still not believe?

Those who are pretribbers are not fake as they are also a blood bought child of God. What I am saying is there are many who teach pretrib, but have been deceived to believe a lie. Man has made himself rich by preaching a deceptive word. I have asked many times for someone to show me where it says in scripture where Jesus returns before God's great wrath is poured out into the world during the seven trumpets of tribulation and nobody can because it is not found anywhere in the Bible.
they could say the same as per your teaching i could pick apart different things..but that would benefit me nothing .
who teach pretrib, but have been deceived to believe a lie. Man has made himself rich by preaching a deceptive word.
i can ame several off not sure what the believe on end time. kenneth copeland benny hinn creflo dollar jessie duplantis the list is mile long in every type denom

they could say the same as per your teaching i could pick apart different things..but that would benefit me nothing . i can ame several off not sure what the believe on end time. kenneth copeland benny hinn creflo dollar jessie duplantis the list is mile long in every type denom

Many have said the same thing. If you want to pick apart different things I have taught we can certainly as mature adults discuss them as long as it's done in a loving manner.

Well, you're the one who said you could pick certain things apart,
note i said i could but never said i would.. john 17 christ paid for his church to be one in him....yes there will be disagreements paul and peter had them. paul had his own way one might say being a legal scholar peter school hard knocks fisherman. as i said the disagreement is the title

note i said i could but never said i would.. john 17 christ paid for his church to be one in him....yes there will be disagreements paul and peter had them. paul had his own way one might say being a legal scholar peter school hard knocks fisherman. as i said the disagreement is the title

OK.

First, I am a woman, not a man just to let you know. Maybe I should have title it pretrib could be damaging to our very soul, but that is the title the Holy Spirit gave me. The whole purpose of writing and teaching this is because many would rather believe everything that comes from the pulpit instead of studying for themselves. Remember, the spirit of Jezebel also loves to teach from the pulpit, Rev 3:20.

We do not need to interpret the signs and the symbols as Jesus has already explained all that which is yet to come before His return as He told us to watch and pray so we will not be taken as a thief in the night, Matthew 24:1-31; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-10. God has not appointed us unto His wrath as we are sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption, Ephesians 4:30. His great wrath being the seven trumpet tribulations of those days in the future will pass over those who are still alive at this tome that are sealed by the Holy Spirit. This will be like that of the passover in Exodus 12 as the blood of Jesus covers us as we flee to a place God has prepared for us in the wilderness, Rev 12.

I can only hope the title of this thread will draw others to study for themselves instead of believing everything that comes from the pulpit, plus I don't want anyone to believe me either, but believe that which has already been written in the scriptures.
My apologies for referring to you as he. Don't know why I generally revert to the masculine term when I don't know the gender, especially since I am a woman myself! I agree much that is taught from the pulpit is false with no Biblical back up at all and I feel it is important that we pray for discernment. Of course discernment is not a feeling but comes from studying God's written word, from knowledge of that word. It is the Holy Spirit who gives us understanding of that word.

Do you really think the Muslims are going to hand over the Temple mount where the Dome of the Rock sits back to the Jews?

The prince who is to come will put an end to sacrifice and offering in the middle of the week.

Obviously this will be a world ruler who has great influence over Jews and Muslims.

He will sit as God in the temple of God showing himself as God, doing great signs and lying wonders.

JLB

Please do not take this as a criticism or me disagreeing with you. I sincerely want to know the answer to my question. Since you said the Holy Spirit gave you the title, in what way does a pretrib belief damage our souls? If you could please condense it to a few sentences, a summary. If you prefer I won't respond back to the answer. But I would really like to know.

you make it sound asif those who are pretribbers as you say.are fake or have some type disease

They may be children of God, but are teaching false doctrine that could lead others to receive and follow the false messiah, thinking he is the Christ.

JLB

in what way does a pretrib belief damage our souls?

It introduces deception into a person’s soul.

Paul described this as a stronghold, that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:4-6

JLB

john 17 christ paid for his church to be one in him.

The way we will come into this unity that Christ paid for is by all believing the same doctrine; The doctrine of Christ.

This establishes is so we are blown around by every wind of man’s doctrine, but are of one mind and one accord, holding fast to the Head, and His doctrine.

• till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ.
Ephesians 4:11-15

JLB

It introduces deception into a person’s soul.

Paul described this as a stronghold, that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:4-6

JLB
Well I was asking for_his_glory since it is her thread. But "it introduces deception into a person's soul" isn't an answer. WHAT IS THE DECEPTION?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back