Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Proof of Trinity

????

Ps 49.14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
15 ¶ But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Note, it is from the power of the grave, This is referring to the resurrection of Christ, as Peter makes clear:

Acts 2.27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

which means

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Receive the souls of men???????

Unfortunately for you, 'elohim' is translated ad God, angels, judges, and a several other meanings. I can supply lists if you like, but the other guys don't like those. Too damaging.

Related to this is Free's point about 'Let us make man in our image'. He says this is the trinity talking - but the word 'us' can mean more than one. So why not 10, or even 20? Why 3?

No logic there, I fear.
You have missed the point entirely. We, the followers of God, believe and that is faith and faith is a gift of God. There is no "natural" logic to faith.

Teddy, Jesse, and Async,

In your replies you use name calling, denigration, and condescending words.

I absolutely deny all of these charges.

Perhaps calling down fire and brimstone on my head is better than this? Mr Taylor seems to be doing so!

Related to this is Free's point about 'Let us make man in our image'. He says this is the trinity talking - but the word 'us' can mean more than one. So why not 10, or even 20? Why 3?

No logic there, I fear.
This is a non-answer to the point. If we are to use this to support the Trinity, then it cannot mean more than three because God has revealed himself to be triune--not more than three, not less. You've dismissed the point without attempting to answer.

I absolutely deny all of these charges.

Perhaps calling down fire and brimstone on my head is better than this? Mr Taylor seems to be doing so!
No, this old man has no power except to warn, nothing more. My words can be misconstrued as personal attacks but this not true.

When our last big storm blew through here, the bridge over the creek floated from side to side with out traffic on it. I told any headed that way to turn around, to go there meant disaster. I has issued the same respect to you I gave to them. I wish the very best for your eternal life and will find no pleasure in any going to Hell.

If I did not warn you, it is directly akin to a personal attack because I will stand here a watch you dig your way into condemnation... I can't go there.

This is a non-answer to the point. If we are to use this to support the Trinity, then it cannot mean more than three because God has revealed himself to be triune--not more than three, not less. You've dismissed the point without attempting to answer.
Amen!

As a youngster I did learn in Miss C. C. Allen's History Class that all past civilizations had at least a god they worshiped. Some, then and now, had or have more than one god they worship. So, it is, that I should not be astonished that in the World of modern day Christianity that more than one god is worshiped. Let's begin this discussion with a list;

1. God is eternal.
    (Deuteronomy 33:27; Jeremiah 10:10; Psalm 90:2)

2. God is infinite.
    (1 Kings 8:22-27; Jeremiah 23:24; Psalm 102:25-27; Revelation 22:13)

3. God is self-sufficient and self-existent.
    (Exodus 3:13-14; Psalm 50:10-12; Colossians 1:16)

4. God is omnipresent (present everywhere).
    (Psalm 139:7-12)

5. God is omnipotent (all powerful).
    (Genesis 18:14; Luke 18:27; Revelation 19:6)

6. God is omniscient (all knowing).
    (Psalm 139:2-6; Isaiah 40:13-14)

7. God is unchanging or immutable.
    (Psalm 102:25-27; Hebrews 1:10-12; 13:8)

8. God is sovereign.
    (2 Samuel 7:22; Isaiah 46:9-11)

9. God is wise.
    (Proverbs 3:19; Romans 16:26-27; 1 Timothy 1:17)

10. God is holy.
    (Leviticus 19:2; 1 Peter 1:15)

11. God is righteous and just.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalm 11:7; Psalm 119:137)

12. God is faithful.
    (Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 89:1-8)

13. God is true and truth.
    (Psalm 31:5; John 14:6; John 17:3; Titus 1:1-2)

14. God is good.
    (Psalm 25:8; Psalm 34:8; Mark 10:18)

15. God is merciful.
    (Deuteronomy 4:31; Psalm 103:8-17; Daniel 9:9; Hebrews 2:17)

16. God is gracious.
    (Exodus 34:6; Psalm 103:8; 1 Peter 5:10)

17. God is love.
    (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:8)

18. God is spirit.
    (John 4:24)

19. God is light.
    (James 1:17; 1 John 1:5)

20. God is triune or trinity.
    (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
You did pretty well up to No. 20!
In Exodus 13:14 we learn that God is jealous and we must never worship any god, that's with a lower case g. We must remember to worship the One God, the only one deserving of the upper case G. This, as I have been taught from, the Holy Spirit's leading through, the Bible is an essential doctrine for Salvation.

True

From a survey conducted by the Barna Group, just before I was saved, demonstrated that, cross denomination, less that two percent of the men and women, active, in worship and Church Membership, believe the basic tenants of the Christian Faith. I do believe this to be the case from my personal experience and that, being the case, we need to fall back on the Final Court of Arbitration, the Bible, until Jesus reigns with the Rod of Iron.

I don't know about these other people, but I sympathise with them.

Have you ever read the Athanasian creed? If you have, you'll probably understand why truckloads of people reject the trinity. It is the most confused and confusing outpouring of theological misconceptions conceivable.

And it took 400 years to reach its full confusion potential. Why do you think that is so?

God is all of the twenty points above and number twenty above is not the least of the truths of God and yet it is the most contested. Two New Testament scriptures are used to demonstrate the truth of the statement but that is far from all the scriptures that point to God being more than one person.

I wonder why!

Taken with the Bible instruction that we will, bodily, ascend into Heaven and then, there, be as Jesus we cannot help but to learn that the Father and Jesus are in Heaven.

Erm, where exactly did you read this?
In John 10:30 we learn that Jesus and the Father are one. Yet, we know that there are multiple persons residing in Heaven that are parts of the Only God.

This gets worse and worse.

It is oft explained to me that this person or that person can, accurately explain, meaning define the Triune God Head and I can only ask them not to be so silly, we “are not” equal to God and God is a mystery until, at least until, we can spend at least one Eternity in Heaven, in His presence.

Do you other guys agree with all this?

I have taken to write this article, primarily, because of the Modalist's position, sometimes known as “One Godders.” There is exactly one God that is true, however, He has defined Himself and we need to cease the vanity of trying to define Him and hold fast, with faith to what our Father has had 40 or so secretaries record for us to hold sacred.

Yes. And the 40 or so secretaries say with one voice that God is One, and Jesus is His Son.

Why are you fighting this so vehemently?

Why are you fighting this so vehemently?
You mention, correctly that most people deny this truth, now there is logic! Jesus taught us the path is straight and the gate narrow and few that will find it.

Look around yourself, as humans count it, yes, you are in the majority. Problem? The majority, as men count, are not saved.

Hey Free

I've been waiting for a long time for your promised solution to the GREAT PROBLEM.

Here it is again, in case you've forgotten it.

The GREAT PROBLEM

God cannot sin.

Jesus could.but didn't.

God cannot be tempted with evil.

Jesus was.

Therefore, however you cut it, Jesus could not be God.

If He was, then there was no conquest of sin since it was impossible for Him to sin in any case, and the sacrifice of Christ was no sacrifice at all.

As I see it, the trinity cannot account for, or explain away these very basic truths.

But I wait to hear.

As a youngster I did learn in Miss C. C. Allen's History Class that all past civilizations had at least a god they worshiped. Some, then and now, had or have more than one god they worship. So, it is, that I should not be astonished that in the World of modern day Christianity that more than one god is worshiped. Let's begin this discussion with a list;

1. God is eternal.
    (Deuteronomy 33:27; Jeremiah 10:10; Psalm 90:2)

2. God is infinite.
    (1 Kings 8:22-27; Jeremiah 23:24; Psalm 102:25-27; Revelation 22:13)

3. God is self-sufficient and self-existent.
    (Exodus 3:13-14; Psalm 50:10-12; Colossians 1:16)

4. God is omnipresent (present everywhere).
    (Psalm 139:7-12)

5. God is omnipotent (all powerful).
    (Genesis 18:14; Luke 18:27; Revelation 19:6)

6. God is omniscient (all knowing).
    (Psalm 139:2-6; Isaiah 40:13-14)

7. God is unchanging or immutable.
    (Psalm 102:25-27; Hebrews 1:10-12; 13:8)

8. God is sovereign.
    (2 Samuel 7:22; Isaiah 46:9-11)

9. God is wise.
    (Proverbs 3:19; Romans 16:26-27; 1 Timothy 1:17)

10. God is holy.
    (Leviticus 19:2; 1 Peter 1:15)

11. God is righteous and just.
    (Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalm 11:7; Psalm 119:137)

12. God is faithful.
    (Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 89:1-8)

13. God is true and truth.
    (Psalm 31:5; John 14:6; John 17:3; Titus 1:1-2)

14. God is good.
    (Psalm 25:8; Psalm 34:8; Mark 10:18)

15. God is merciful.
    (Deuteronomy 4:31; Psalm 103:8-17; Daniel 9:9; Hebrews 2:17)

16. God is gracious.
    (Exodus 34:6; Psalm 103:8; 1 Peter 5:10)

17. God is love.
    (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:8)

18. God is spirit.
    (John 4:24)

19. God is light.
    (James 1:17; 1 John 1:5)

20. God is triune or trinity.
    (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
In Exodus 13:14 we learn that God is jealous and we must never worship any god, that's with a lower case g. We must remember to worship the One God, the only one deserving of the upper case G. This, as I have been taught from, the Holy Spirit's leading through, the Bible is an essential doctrine for Salvation.

From a survey conducted by the Barna Group, just before I was saved, demonstrated that, cross denomination, less that two percent of the men and women, active, in worship and Church Membership, believe the basic tenants of the Christian Faith. I do believe this to be the case from my personal experience and that, being the case, we need to fall back on the Final Court of Arbitration, the Bible, until Jesus reigns with the Rod of Iron.

God is all of the twenty points above and number twenty above is not the least of the truths of God and yet it is the most contested. Two New Testament scriptures are used to demonstrate the truth of the statement but that is far from all the scriptures that point to God being more than one person. In the Creation Story at the beginning of Genesis we find God saying, “Let us” or the equivalent there-of. In the case of David we see him overcome with the same Holy Spirit every God following Christian today is indwelt or overcome or infilled with. Taken with the Bible instruction that we will, bodily, ascend into Heaven and then, there, be as Jesus we cannot help but to learn that the Father and Jesus are in Heaven.

In John 10:30 we learn that Jesus and the Father are one. Yet, we know that there are multiple persons residing in Heaven that are parts of the Only God.

In 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 we learn that, among other things, if we are saved, we are indwelt with the Spirit of God. When we read the Gospel accounts of Jesus we learn He ascended into Heaven in the body Mary gave Him birth in, that of a man, an easy case for at least two persons in the God Head. It is oft explained to me that this person or that person can, accurately explain, meaning define the Triune God Head and I can only ask them not to be so silly, we “are not” equal to God and God is a mystery until, at least until, we can spend at least one Eternity in Heaven, in His presence.

I have taken to write this article, primarily, because of the Modalist's position, sometimes known as “One Godders.” There is exactly one God that is true, however, He has defined Himself and we need to cease the vanity of trying to define Him and hold fast, with faith to what our Father has had 40 or so secretaries record for us to hold sacred.
I like your list.

Only God can be omnipotent,omnipresent and omniscient.No other being can be described with these attributes. God alone holds these titles.

Omnipotent
1) Father
(1 Peter 1:5)~~5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

2)Son (2 Cor. 12:9)~~ And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

3)Holy Spirit (Rom. 15:19)~~19 in the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit; so that from Jerusalem and round about as far as Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

omnipresent

1)Father
(Jer. 23:24)~~
24 “Can a man hide himself in hiding places

So I do not see him?” declares the Lord.

“Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the Lord.

2)Christ (Matt. 18:20)~~20 “For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”

3)Holy Spirit (Ps. 139:7)~~
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?

Or where can I flee from Your presence?

Omniscient

1)Father (
Jer. 17:10)~~
10 “I, the Lord, search the heart,

I test the mind,

Even to give to each man according to his ways,

According to the results of his deeds.

2)Son (Rev. 2:23)~~23 ‘And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

3)Holy Spirit (I Cor. 2:11)~~11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.

Hey Free

I've been waiting for a long time for your promised solution to the GREAT PROBLEM.

The GREAT PROBLEM

God cannot sin.

Jesus could.but didn't.

Jesus was.

If He was, then there was no conquest of sin since it was impossible for Him to sin in any case, and the sacrifice of Christ was no sacrifice at all.

As I see it, the trinity cannot account for, or explain away these very basic truths.

But I wait to hear.
Jesus(humanity) Christ(deity). 100% human and 100% deity. These two natures operate separately and are distinctive from each other.

Jesus, in His humanity could be tempted and was able to sin. He had to operate in 100% humanity when it came to his sacrifice for the sins of the human race.(that is why animals were not sufficient. A human has to pay the price for a human.

Kenosis comes from the Greek verb keno,w, kenoo: to empty, Phil.2:7, and refers to the manner in which Christ chose to restrict the use of His divine attributes during His humiliation.~~7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

Humiliation is the term which refers to the action of Christ’s humanity by which He voluntarily agreed to submit Himself to the sufferings and limitations associated with His life on earth, including His death on the Cross,Phil.2:8.....8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

This is my second attempt. Please address the topic of the thread and not each other. The sarcasm in some of these latter posts is quite apparent.

I think I'll leave this discussion here.

It's getting too heated and personal, and I don't want to give the moderators any hassle.

Free, I'm still waiting, and will look in from time to time to see if you have produced a response.

Exodus says 'I am that I am.'

Jesus says 'I am'

I perceive a difference. How do you account for it?

Also, it is a totally ungrammatical statement. If He meant what you think He did, then He should have said 'I was'. But He didn't. I'm not sure where that leaves you.

The Author of the Gospel of John records Jesus' declarations of Deity in three differing manners, through three distinct uses of the phrase 'I Am' - ego eimi in the original Greek text.
1. "I Am the One" signifying that Jesus is the Word and the Light sent from God. (Jn 4:26, 8:18)
2. "I Am" followed by or preceded by "that I Am," signifying that Jesus is the One who spoke to Moses from the burning bush, that He is the Israel's Deliverer worthy of faith and belief. (Jn 6:20, 8:24, 8:28, 8:58, 13:19, 18:5, 18:6, 18:8)
3. "I Am" followed by twelve descriptive names and titles. These 'I Am' phrases declare the Deity of Jesus Christ. (Jn 6:35, 6:48, 6:51, 8:12, 10:7, 10:9, 10:11, 10:14, 11:25, 14:6, 15:1, 15:5)
The 'I Am' phrases in John's Gospel are arranged by type and have relevance according to their order of appearance in the original text.

In regards to section 2. above, here is the order that type of "I Am" phrase appears in John's gospel:
Jn 6:20 I Am
Jn 8:24 that I Am

Jn 8:28 that I Am
Jn 8:58 I Am

Jn 13:19 that I Am
Jn 18:5 I Am

Jn 18:6 I Am
Jn 18:8 that I Am

Jesus is without a doubt the One whom Moses knew as "I Am that I Am."

Hey Free

The GREAT PROBLEM

God cannot sin.

Jesus could.but didn't.

Jesus was.

But I wait to hear.
Regarding the idea that "God cannot be tempted with evil," all that means is he has no inclination to actually act on the temptation, that any attempt to temp is pointless. As for whether or not Jesus could have sinned, take your pick:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/temptations-of-christ

http://www.ligonier.org/blog/could-jesus-have-sinned/

It has been debated for a long time, so we won't come to any agreeable conclusion here. Suffice to say that regardless of what answer one chooses, it does not in any way whatsoever prove Jesus' deity to be false, as the above links show. Personally, I don't know, although I tend to lean toward Sproul's answer, but I'm quite content to hold these two answers in tension and feel that the question is unanswerable, a mystery. A prof of mine used to say, "When one attempts to split the mystery [of the Incarnation], heresy is just around the corner," and that the question we should be asking is, "Did Jesus feel the full force of evil?" To which we can answer "Yes."

What remains and what must be dealt with are these biblical facts:

1. Jesus is truly God.
2. Jesus is truly man.

Such arguments as you have given are, once again, merely attempts at pitting Scripture against Scripture, which we must avoid. There is absolutely no basis for choosing those arguments and Scriptures which prove the deity of Jesus over against those which speak of his humanity, as though he is only God, just as there is no absolutely no basis for choosing those arguments and Scriptures which prove his humanity over against those which speak of his humanity, as though he is only human (or a creature).

The Author of the Gospel of John records Jesus' declarations of Deity in three differing manners, through three distinct uses of the phrase 'I Am' - ego eimi in the original Greek text.
1. "I Am the One" signifying that Jesus is the Word and the Light sent from God. (Jn 4:26, 8:18)
2. "I Am" followed by or preceded by "that I Am," signifying that Jesus is the One who spoke to Moses from the burning bush, that He is the Israel's Deliverer worthy of faith and belief. (Jn 6:20, 8:24, 8:28, 8:58, 13:19, 18:5, 18:6, 18:8)
3. "I Am" followed by twelve descriptive names and titles. These 'I Am' phrases declare the Deity of Jesus Christ. (Jn 6:35, 6:48, 6:51, 8:12, 10:7, 10:9, 10:11, 10:14, 11:25, 14:6, 15:1, 15:5)
The 'I Am' phrases in John's Gospel are arranged by type and have relevance according to their order of appearance in the original text.

In regards to section 2. above, here is the order that type of "I Am" phrase appears in John's gospel:
Jn 6:20 I Am
Jn 8:24 that I Am

Jn 8:28 that I Am
Jn 8:58 I Am

Jn 13:19 that I Am
Jn 18:5 I Am

Jn 18:6 I Am
Jn 18:8 that I Am

Jesus is without a doubt the One whom Moses knew as "I Am that I Am."
Exactly. It is worth a look at the context surrounding those passages, particularly those in John 8 and 18, and noticing what happens when he says "I am". I have issued a challenge in the past for anti-trinitarians to look at every time Jesus is called the "Son of God" and to report back on what they notice about the context. I don't think any have ever responded.

If I understand the Bible correctly, the Trinity is all through it. The problem comes not from scriptural revelation (especially in its fullest form) nor the inability of men to grasp the concept, but from simply accepting what the Bible plainly says.

God, for example, is not the name of a person but of a nature like human is to us.

Adam and Eve and Abel are human. The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are God.

Adam and Eve and Abel are one (family / race). The Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are one kind.

The only human family to exist at the time meant that the family of man was one.

The only individuals of the divine nature are one kind. One God. Three individuals. One God.

The word "God" applies to all three. One is no more and no less God than the other two.

The Bible indicates each is coexistent yet individual one from the other.

For example, only God the Word created all things in the beginning (John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:13-16, Isaiah 44:24, John 1:14 says the only thing the Father created was the body of the Son see also Hebrews 10:5 and Hebrews 1:5).

The Bible was written by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21).

Hebrews 1:2 states that Jesus was the one in the Godhead who made all things.

And though Isaiah 44:24 states twice the preincarnate Jesus created all things alone he was in the company of the Father (1 John 1:2) and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2). Alone / by himself meant he acted alone. And the Isaiah 44:24 text also zeroes in on the one who became Christ in stating YHVH our Redeemer (since neither the Father nor the Spirit are our {kinsman} redeemer).

Without the Trinity doctrine (gleaned from the evidence of scripture) it would be impossible to make sense of any of this.

In addition...

All humanity are the creation (children) of God... the Word.

Only Jesus is the child of God the Father.

We are children of the Father by adoption (faith in Christ Jesus).

Romans 8:15-23 (KJV)
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

In addition...

All humanity are the creation (children) of God... the Word.

Only Jesus is the child of God the Father.

We are children of the Father by adoption (faith in Christ Jesus).

Romans 8:15-23 (KJV)
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

I think the main point of contention between me and you is Jesus being identified as God in the context of always was and always was God rather then God in the context that Jesus is all that the Father is. I do not see or read that Jesus is the One true God on His own. I see a firstborn Son. A Son who was made heir and One the Father glorified. A Son who the Father was pleased to have all HIS fullness dwell IN. The Father speaks in terms of the Holy Spirit as HIS Spirit. The Holy Spirit was sent from the Father in Jesus's name hence in us the Spirit represents the mind and will of Jesus. Jesus in His own as the Father in Him. There is One Spirit, One Lord (Jesus), One God. (Father) I assume when one prays they are either directing their thoughts to Jesus or the Father not the Holy Spirit. In fact the Holy Spirit helps us and intercedes for us according to the will of the mind of the Spirit. Since God is Spirit and the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is His to give and take I am not so sure I see the HS as a separate distinct person from the Father as I do see the Son as separate (Jesus as the Son has His own spirit, own mind and own will as I read in the NT)

It is ONE God in all. There is only One Holy Spirit.

Paul expressed it better then any creed.

"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

To me it will always be thus.
Is Jesus God?
He never dies. -He lives forever by the living Father.
Yes, He is all that the Father is. -The fullness was pleased to dwell in Him.
No, He has always been the Son. -The firstborn of all creation.

Randy

Back