Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Questioning the reformation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And all the points you make are verb points.
So the Reformation did not happen in the first century.
No, lol.
You're literally arguing with scripture. It did happen in the 1st century.
Hebrews 9:10 talks about the time of reform from the external regulations of the old covenant to the realities of the New. That same kind of time of reform occurred in the 15th century after the Catholic church mislead the masses back to the external regulations of works justification. And so another time of reform from works justification to faith justification had to occur. And it did, thank God.

No, lol.
You're literally arguing with scripture. It did happen in the 1st century.
Hebrews 9:10 talks about the time of reform from the external regulations of the old covenant to the realities of the New. That same kind of time of reform occurred in the 15th century after the Catholic church mislead the masses back to the external regulations of works justification. And so another time of reform from works justification to faith justification had to occur. And it did, thank God.
And that is not what I am talking about... please keep up.

And that is not what I am talking about... please keep up.
That's what I'M talking about because that's what the 15th century time of reform is all about. You're pushing a meaningless and useless argument about reformation because I explained to you that there really was a first century time of reform. The same time of reform that occurred in the 1st century happened again in the 15th century. A time of reform away from the falsehood of works justification to faith justification.

That's what I'M talking about because that's what the 15th century time of reform is all about. You're pushing a meaningless and useless argument about reformation because I explained to you that there really was a first century time of reform. The same time of reform that occurred in the 1st century happened again in the 15th century. A time of reform away from works justification to faith justification.
I'm not pushing anything.
You also are misrepresenting what you said.
That would be gaslighting.
Please go back to your post #6 and see that you brought up the Reformation (capitalized).
This is not a separate reformation or second reformation.
It was definitively not the same thing from the 1st to the 15 century.
I would think you have your points to make but you started talking about the 15th century Reformation and not the reforming of 1st century Christianity. (notice the capitalization)

All you have to do is crack a dictionary open on line and you can see reform can be used as a noun. Sheesh! Why are you being so contentious? You're arguing against plain fact.
Can be used as a noun is not the same as a noun.
Reform is to form again.
That is definitely a verb.

I'm not pushing anything.
You also are misrepresenting what you said.
That would be gaslighting.
Please go back to your post #6 and see that you brought up the Reformation (capitalized).
This is not a separate reformation or second reformation.
It was definitively not the same thing from the 1st to the 15 century.
I would think you have your points to make but you started talking about the 15th century Reformation and not the reforming of 1st century Christianity. (notice the capitalization)
I corrected you about a 1st century reform.
It is in fact BIBLICAL.
But as we know from history, it is not the only time that reform from old to New has occurred.

Perhaps now it's not a mystery to you why the Protestant Reformation was called a reformation. Now you know something you can share with others. The same reformation from works justification to faith justification that occurred in the 1st century happened again in the 15th century in regard to us being delivered from the works justification theology of the Catholic church and to the faith justification theology introduced in the 1st century.

Don't evade.
You challenged a 1st century reformation. I set you straight about it from the Bible.
I never challenged a 1st century reformation.
You made your point but I was not in opposition to your point.
So your straw man falls. Enjoy victory against a ghost of your own making.

Oh, good grief, Paul Timothy , lol!

I read that as a verb.
But I don't see why you are arguing this.
We were talking about Reformation not reform.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back