Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Questions about a certain Bible verse. Would like all input.

jasoncran said:
if it works,but i have looked at those but then agiain i think marinol is adminned for that.

at a glance on the sites i posted mentions that.

keep in mind that marinol is the thc's that is found in mj and only that. i does cause the high if i recall.

if it does the same, and has less toxicity , again why attack it? i seriously doubt that it doenst have side effects

even otc's have side effects. tyelinol is linked to ryes syndrome if given to kids in excess.

yet no one is saying that we should be allowed to grow the plants that originally contained the nonsynthentic versions of ibufprophen and acetomophen.

that is why take the mmj push as alittle suspect.

Marinol is created with a synthetic *duplicate* of THC. This means that it is MAN MADE. not natural occurring, and causes abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, euphoria, paranoid reaction, and somnolence.
Its not as safe as you think it is.

of course but why the PUSH ONLY FOR THAT DRUG. and not the others that are synthetic

penicillin is synthetic
lipitor is synthetic
aspirin is synthetic
tylenol is synthetic

and a host of others, shoot the opiods(,morphine)are based on heroin and yet no one wants them legalized for medical use in the original form, to my knowledge.
so why then only pot?

and you failed to show why we must have such large smoke houses for this stuff? or admin it that much
is america full of the sick, cancerous and aids that its an epidemic? :shrug yet the feds deny it?

for abusive reasons, but i dont think its a sin when you are taking to heal a sickness or stop nausea during chemo.

uh i know muslims that toked a lot in afghanistan, and i asked about this. i was told that its against the sharia law but the government isnt effective enough to enforce it.

Mujahid Abdullah said:
Yeah, no sticky icky in Islam. (I kinda miss it)
or alcohol at all, though of one my workers (khan pacha) loved his alcohol.

when you pray at the mosque or the set times to pray do you use those beeds?

yes, my workers would go the mosque on use those. the terps told me that they are prayer beads. longer then the rosary though.

they often would work on shuma(friday) if i asked, but not when ramadan was going on nor the the holiday after the completion of ramadan.

the sheiks? is that the same as an iman or mullah.

when you say sheik to me that is a title in arabic culture that is used for a tribal leader. i may be wrong

jasoncran said:
of course but why the PUSH ONLY FOR THAT DRUG. and not the others that are synthetic

penicillin is synthetic
lipitor is synthetic
aspirin is synthetic
tylenol is synthetic

and a host of others, shoot the opiods(,morphine)are based on heroin and yet no one wants them legalized for medical use in the original form, to my knowledge.
so why then only pot?

and you failed to show why we must have such large smoke houses for this stuff? or admin it that much
is america full of the sick, cancerous and aids that its an epidemic? :shrug yet the feds deny it?

Do the drugs chemically altered from poppy extracts have positive healing properties(morphine, heroin, opium, ect)? If they did, I'm sure there would be a group of people pushing to get them legalized, or at least medically.

Your saying that instead of legalizing MJ for medical uses, that we should instead use a synthetic, man made, chemically altered substance that is supposed to do the exact same thing as MJ, except cause other side effects that wouldn't be present in the use of MJ.

Oh, also, all those synthetic OTC drugs that you mentioned (penicillin, tylenol,aspirin ) are legal.

but because they have side effects and marinol is a form of legal marijuana.

so whats the difference with pot and the others?

no one pushing those yet just pot?

to claim that pot has no side effects and that marinol is bad isnt consisnent when you have other drugs that have become legal drugs yet no one is pushing for heroin to be legalized for the treatment of severe pain. for the argument all opiods are the same as heroin when they arent. they are in the same family not directly from the plant.

i know that they are legal. duh

at least if you are going to push pot as mmj and are against marinol at least be against all legal meds from pharms since they all have side effects.

that is what makes suspect of it, as its only pot only.

why not let the pharms bake it for you then? if it doable that way and make posssesion, growth of outside legal designated business a crime after all that would solve the mmj issue.

win-win for all
what say you.?

Mujahid Abdullah said:
Is it explicitly forbidden for christians to smoke marijuana or do some other benign drug like that?
Well I've never felt it was a sin I have to repent from, I guess it's not my stumbling block, lucky me! Some potheads are always out of cash and pot because they've smoked it all. I think sin is a matter of identifying the behaviours that are destructive to your life and repenting from that sin.

So right and wrong as in condemning MJ usage aren't really easy blanket rules for everyone, but this is the question no-one has answered yet:

Does God condemn people who use MJ?

Who am I to say that God condemns us for this and that, but I can sure state a testimony of how content I am with life He has granted me and I give thanks for the bounty of provisions, even that of a recreational drug.

Having said that, some people do come to know God by repenting of their MJ abuse, sometimes we can get caught on the hook of a single sin which severs us from holiness, and MJ could be one such temptation just as lust or money.

So yeah, to your question Mujahid: I am Christian and it is not explicitly forbidden to me as my relationship with God is not affected adversely by the role MJ has in my life. However I know I have to wait 3-4 hours before I can drive again whenever I smoke :thumb

I don't think you quite understand my argument against yours jason. My argument against this marinol, is - Why create a drug that is supposed to do the samething as a natural occurring plant, but also do some harm on some level? That is what I am questioning. Other medicines have their uses, but whats the point of creating a duplicate of a natural drug? I don't understand.

@ mujahid and antz, I'm not too sure. There are plenty Bible verses that could support the idea of MJ being okay to consume/use, but everyone has different interpretations of verses. What looks good to me may not look good to you.

I am personally 50-50 on the subject, which is why I made this thread, to try and be persuaded, but it instead turned into a pharmaceutical thread (I guess?).

There is no biblical justification for the use of plants to get high.

jasoncran said:
why not let the pharms bake it for you then? if it doable that way and make posssesion, growth of outside legal designated business a crime after all that would solve the mmj issue.

win-win for all
what say you.?

Sorry. I guess I missed this.

I don't exactly know what you're trying to argue here. But a pharmacies job is to deliver the medication to the patient prescribed from the doctor, not to cook the medicine into deserts. Can you imagine? *doctors note* "5 gram MMJ cherry pie for Mr. Jones." :lol

But seriously, if the pharmacy gives the patient the 5 gram MMJ cherry pie, or a 5 gram prescription of MMJ, its the same drug, one is just has the THC extracted into oil and baked into a food, while the other is a dried herb.

It really doesn't matter how the THC is consumed, in the end it does the samething.
While extracting the THC and baking it into food is a more healthy way to consume it (so you don't have to smoke it), vaporizing it is just as safe.

Corym said:
I don't think you quite understand my argument against yours jason. My argument against this marinol, is - Why create a drug that is supposed to do the samething as a natural occurring plant, but also do some harm on some level? That is what I am questioning. Other medicines have their uses, but whats the point of creating a duplicate of a natural drug? I don't understand.

@ mujahid and antz, I'm not too sure. There are plenty Bible verses that could support the idea of MJ being okay to consume/use, but everyone has different interpretations of verses. What looks good to me may not look good to you.

I am personally 50-50 on the subject, which is why I made this thread, to try and be persuaded, but it instead turned into a pharmaceutical thread (I guess?).
yes, but you are only attacking the drug marinol, why not attack all drugs found in nature as i have listed? there are a tons of drugs.

if you were with a group that isnt generally assiocated with the legalization of all illicit drugs(or using them a source) then i might be more open.

i am not against homeopathy if they are effective.trust me i have no love for big pharms and my wife is suffering from drug side effects.

jasoncran said:
Corym said:

yes, but you are only attacking the drug marinol, why not attack all drugs found in nature as i have listed? there are a tons of drugs.

if you were with a group that isnt generally assiocated with the legalization of all illicit drugs(or using them a source) then i might be more open.

i am not against homeopathy if they are effective.trust me i have no love for big pharms and my wife is suffering from drug side effects.

I would attack other drugs that I think are not safe, :
A) If it was relevant to the original post
B) If I had any sort of in depth knowledge of it.

I do have problems with other drugs, and I would like to attack them as well, but there are a lot of them, and I would lose any argument due to only using my opinion of those drugs.

Back