Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Questions about a certain Bible verse. Would like all input.

Corym said:
jasoncran said:
why not let the pharms bake it for you then? if it doable that way and make posssesion, growth of outside legal designated business a crime after all that would solve the mmj issue.

win-win for all
what say you.?

Sorry. I guess I missed this.

I don't exactly know what you're trying to argue here. But a pharmacies job is to deliver the medication to the patient prescribed from the doctor, not to cook the medicine into deserts. Can you imagine? *doctors note* "5 gram MMJ cherry pie for Mr. Jones." :lol

But seriously, if the pharmacy gives the patient the 5 gram MMJ cherry pie, or a 5 gram prescription of MMJ, its the same drug, one is just has the THC extracted into oil and baked into a food, while the other is a dried herb.

It really doesn't matter how the THC is consumed, in the end it does the samething.
While extracting the THC and baking it into food is a more healthy way to consume it (so you don't have to smoke it), vaporizing it is just as safe.[/quote} so you are saying this that you the laymen should be allowed to determine the proper medication, monitor it, and admin it, and be able to drive, operate machinery, even though the potential abuse is there.

thats the problem , how can you say that its all medical use when you are the only one that takes, makes the size of mmj you need, bakes it.

i think a doc and pharmacist can control it far better then and untrained layman. if it could be given in doses in food form then thats ok.

and why not make recipes that have pot in them? and you bake them. that isnt unreasonable if what you say is true? if you are on chemo a hospital or clinic could do this for you as you already in bedridden, or vna could come by and make the needed dose to treat the illness if out patient care is needed.

the whole mmj movement is only attacking the drug marinol for the most part, nothing else.

i know of those drugs that are from plants as watched shows on them and also the packages on lipitor tell what it is.
highly refined omega-3 fatty acids.

jasoncran said:
coryn, if one wants to find a reason to sin, you will find a way. i did it then for the lie of bisexuality.
I would like to find out what, religiously, is wrong with this herb.

God says we can consume the green of the earth, yet so many Christians look down upon His creation, which He said "Is good". I just want to know why.

jasoncran said:
the whole mmj movement is only attacking the drug marinol for the most part, nothing else.

i know of those drugs that are from plants as watched shows on them and also the packages on lipitor tell what it is.
highly refined omega-3 fatty acids.

The only reason why MMJ supporters would be attacking the druh marinol is because it is synthetic, doing what cannabis does, but giving problematic side effects that the natural plant wouldn't.

What other drugs are you referring to?

using the same reasoning tobacco, which is far worse then pot should be unsinful. why i dont want to get into a tangent some here believe that tobacco smoking is sin.

i am leaning that way. though you can function with tobacco in all its forms and not worry about impairing judgments. having said that.

if its detremental to the temple(our body) in any form should we not cease to use it or consume it. save alcohol in moderation(which isnt bad for you)

what i dont get is this that some on the left hates tobacco yet supports the legalization of mj(for illicit use), when commen medical sense says that smoking tobacco, and pot are both bad for you. my poor uncle attests to this.

short lists of drugs once derived from plants now made synthentically
aspirin(otc)
phenylbbartyl
morphine and the opiod relatives
codiene(related to cocaine)
oxycotin(we naturally produce this, it causes that high when you fall in love)
adrelin

other drugs found in nature that are from minerals and or animals
lipitor
seratonin
lithium
penicillin and family
testerone
syntroid
iron(no need here to get naturally or fight this as we take this in its metallic form, in small metallic pieces in our cereals and other forms and also pills)mainly for those with anemia

this can go on for a long while. and i must verify some of this to be sure especially the drugs synthroid(replaced the hormone made by the thyroid)

Your uncle smoked cigarettes, cigars, and joints. Some believe that smoking MJ is healthier because it doesn't have the added in chemicals that are used to preserve it, and cause addictions to form.

I will agree with the statement that our temple isn't to be in a altered state of mind, may it be from smoking, or drinking alcohol.

This maybe the end to this topic, as that is a great point to make. Just to see how much the herb actually alters the state of mind, I will smoke the herb. This way I don't have to take anyones personal opinion for it, and I can conscientiously (hopefully) make the choice for myself.

actually he smoked far more pot then cigars , cigaretes.

i'm not stupid on that pot thing being a cause of cancer

if we inhale anything into our lungs , which are quite sensitive. for any length of duration negative reactions may occur.

i may have a condition from combat that is related to burning waste, yet i was 500m from that stuff and rarely breathed that stuff in when i got near one. look at the guys that cleaned up the wtc site and their lung health.
the guys that worked around asbestos materials.

dust in the air in the desert can cause lung problems.

some doc think i have smoker's lung, which i have never smoked. i have post nasal drip combined with asthma but that isnt all the time.

i never had this problem till afghanistan.

Its all in the chemicals you inhaled. Thats like saying smoking MJ is bad because when you light gasoline on fire and breath the dark thick smoke that both cause loss of brain cells and lung problems.

when something burns even mj there is a chemical reaction ie
carcinogens are burned.

if that the case then why did(mmj by burning is the safest way) then why in the world did you suggest baking it.

and the primary reason all addictions(no matter what the object is) are sinful. is that object becomes you crutch. God is a jealous god.

anything can become an idol no matter how benign. even this site.

Corym said:
Free said:
There is no biblical justification for the use of plants to get high.

True, but can you find a verse that says otherwise?
No, but God gives us enough information in the Bible that we can come to certain conclusions about things of which there is no mention.

It seems to me that you are not so much interested in peoples' views on the verse you gave in the op as much as you are trying to justify your actions. Perhaps you do feel conviction for it but don't, or can't, give it up and want to believe it is okay, hoping the conviction goes away. Not saying that that is the case but it appears to be.

free i can agree with this as i have even suggested the most likely means and supposed natural means given mmj that a medical personnel trained could do with out havin those side effects

and that idea is very feasible, but i doubt the supporters of mmj will go for that.

The reason why I am arguing this so much is that Ive been looking into this topic, and Ive found facts and questioned users, and so on. To be told that what Ive learned is wrong... isn't really a option.

I wasn't betting on this thread to get into the legalization of MJ, but to stay on a religious level.

I think I'm done posting here, or at least for now. We all seemingly have strong opinions, and I don't see those changing anytime soon. It is a waste of time.

how cant it not go into that. no one hear would protest the actually legimate use of mmj as a medicine, but why is it being pushed so hard?

you have never shown me why we need to make the natural use of mmj over the more common natural origin drugs that are being dispensed commonly

i think people suffer(or rather have) high cholestorol over the need for the treatment of glaucoma and cancers.

do we have a large cancer affected, bedridden, nauseated and cant eat populous? i think not!

i want those stats vs the overall populations on these
glaucoma vs the general populations
chemo vs the general populations
and other cancers vs the general populations

and compare them to the high rates of cholestor found in a person vs the general populations.

how epidemic is the need for the use of mmj?

and if so where is the cdc on this.

Have you people been hurt by a stoner or something? It fascinates me to see people here providing a judgemental pov on behalf of God and not backing it up with scripture.

Having a strong opinion against some person we don't even know performing an action we wouldn't even know about, an activity some of us never experienced, yet most likely we'd be first to say this person we don't even know should burn in Hell or rot in jail because of something which we happen to have heard on the grapevine? Goodness' me, no wonder Jesus dared us to throw the first stone in John 8!

This post shows us something about tolerance and understanding even if it doesn't contain a resolution to the topic. Also I'll throw in that MJ is acceptable in some cultures while not in others, the issues of whether God condones it are blurred by the issues of whether society condones it so I'm backing up the suggestion that it can lead to sin if it becomes our pitfall to idolisation, otherwise I'd regard it as being similar to having a few beers when the game is on - that is to define healthy recreational use.

please, calling the moderation use of beer to pot smoking is totally out there.

if we need pot to FUNCTION, then its an addiction.

if we need it for medical use then its ok.

fyi i neither drink nor smoke. and i have met very few one a day and only one day toker. most need it to function daily.

one can be an alcoholic and never get drunk. i hope you know that.

my wife loves pot, it doenst help her medically at all. she has to have it, or craves it. she is off it for now. she wasnt a heavy user just a " moderate" one. one doobie a day when stressed.

so if you have a stressful job then what?
if you need beer all the time to deal with the stress of life, maybe you oughta seek the lord in that area and put away the beer if it affects your walk.

anything that comes before the lord in addictions or is idolatrious must be removed. and i think the verse on sorcery(pharmekia) covers the recreational use of pot.

Marijuana use for medicinal purposes is much safer than the use of something as "simple" as vioxx was in it's heyday. It's not actually what goes into us that defiles us so much as it is what comes out of us. But sometimes what goes into us eventually comes out of us.

I've used a variety of drugs in my lifetime and I've come to understand exactly how deceptive these things can be. I've had what seemed like out of body experiences, and I have heard voices that mimicked my family and cause destruction. I've used drugs that turned me into a fiend and I have had lots of devilish experiences due to drugs.

Jesus set me free from all of that. I am no longer a slave to those things. Because of the power of the Holy Ghost I was able to lay down cigarettes for the second time in my life, only this time it's for good.

I personally couldn't care less about the date four twenty, it's just like any other day to me. People put too much stock into creation and in many cases they wind up worshiping the creation and not the creator.

Here's a four twenty for ya'.

Re:4:4: And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold

Re:4:10: The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Re:4:11: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

i use to have a crap load of viox for my back pains in afghanistan and i never had a reaction to that.
but i'm more into finding the cause of the pain and how to fix that then using an anti-iflammatory to cover up the problem.

jasoncran said:
i use to have a crap load of viox for my back pains in afghanistan and i never had a reaction to that.
but i'm more into finding the cause of the pain and how to fix that then using an anti-iflammatory to cover up the problem.

My aunt's heart went very bad because of her vioxx use. She's blessed to be alive but her quality of life and health will be diminished for the rest of her shortened life. She is only in her early fifties and she has lost a great deal of her heart function. She got a settlement but even that was lessened and she was cheated out of what she deserved.

Those jokers that marketed that stuff knew better. I think that someone at the top may be getting a cheap thrill out of killing people with their wares.

ronniechoate34 said:
jasoncran said:

My aunt's heart went very bad because of her vioxx use. She's blessed to be alive but her quality of life and health will be diminished for the rest of her shortened life. She is only in her early fifties and she has lost a great deal of her heart function. She got a settlement but even that was lessened and she was cheated out of what she deserved.

Those jokers that marketed that stuff knew better. I think that someone at the top may be getting a cheap thrill out of killing people with their wares.
possbile, but often the case is( a doc in afghanistan told me this as i was using it and asked him) the person already had cardio vascular issues or kidney issues. and the meds added to that.

my back injury was from a car wreck. and i know all about how the other side downplays the injuries.

Back