Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Questions for every one

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Free said:
From another thread: "Jeff, you believe tongue speaking churches are following God and I discern they are not.

I know most of the churches are hypocritical (that's why I dont attend organized church building) and your kind are even worse. We have to wait and see His judgement when we meet Jesus. Meantime I will speak my convictions."

And that is the same which is implied in your posts above.

free,

Why didnt you talk to me when I was in that thread? Why are you bringing another thread? You could confront me at that time.

Yes, I meant what I said. What you are doing is uncalled for.

It seems like from what you are doing, you are holding grudge against me from some other threads.

It's perfectly called for. I am simply showing that you are doing the very same that you accuse others of doing. You cannot make one statement in one part of these forums and then accuse others of doing what you just did in another part without getting called on it.

gingercat said:
Why didnt you talk to me when I was in that thread? Why are you bringing another thread? You could confront me at that time.
Well the conflict in your statements had to be pointed out in one of the threads and I chose to do it here since it best fit with the topic.

Free,

You are way off the topic. Read the OP please. What is it all about? Is it me? I do not come here to talk about me.

Why are you so focused on attacking me?

Why are you so away from the topic?

Free,

Aren't I entitle to my own convictions?

You said yours and I said mine. Why do you want to judge who is right or wrong? It is up to God to decide if I am being right with God or not.

You said I am wrong and I accept it as your opinion. Why is it so hard to understand being fair?

God is giving me previlege to be His servant too, I also know that He is giving me previledge to speak up for my conviction for Him.

I will not let anyone take it away or intimidate me for my convictions for Him.

I also know that you are supported by many and I am not. God is not seeking popularity. God wants His believers to be truthful and loyal to Him with all their might.

We have to memorize completely whole Bible if you want to quote everything what you are saying is biblical. I dont have that good brain to memoraize the whole Bible. God is not looking if we memorized the Scrisptures. He is seeking if we are practicing what we learned in the Bible.

I don't believe memorization and ability to quote the Bible is the measure of Christianity; even though that's the way it is in the most churches.

Showing off your ability to quote the Bible is far from humbleness what Jesus is teaching.

gingercat said:
Free,

You are way off the topic. Read the OP please. What is it all about? Is it me? I do not come here to talk about me.

Why are you so focused on attacking me?

Why are you so away from the topic?
I am very much on topic. I have merely pointed out a clear contradiction in the things you are saying this forum; you are doing the very thing that you accuse others of doing.

gingercat said:
Aren't I entitle to my own convictions?
Of course you are, but I question the validity of a conviction which you contradict with your own words.

gingercat said:
Why do you want to judge who is right or wrong? It is up to God to decide if I am being right with God or not.
But here is another contradiction. As shown in my previous post with the quote from another topic, you are free to judge others' beliefs so why do you get upset that I judge yours? If you want God to judge me, then let God judge others and quit your judging altogether.

gingercat said:
I will not let anyone take it away or intimidate me for my convictions for Him.
I am neither trying to take away your convictions or intimidate you. I am merely showing why your convictions (the two which you have stated in these forums) shouldn't be convictions at all. I fully expect you to honor God with your reasoning mind and see the error behind your convictions and adjust your convictions accordingly.

gingercat said:
I also know that you are supported by many and I am not. God is not seeking popularity. God wants His believers to be truthful and loyal to Him with all their might.
What does supposed popularity have to do with being truthful and loyal to God with all one's might? That I may be supported by many I do not know, and I do not really care (although I hope my beliefs are amongst the orthodox), as it has no bearing on my truthfullness to God nor on any argument which I have presented.

Free,

You are one of typical churchgoers I met. You said your peace and I said mine. I was not really seeking the answers from you. I just wanted you to think how unbiblical the most churches are. You have your own theology and lingos and tactics and gimmicks. If any one don't go along with your way, they will be ostracized.

I am done with you. I will not go into rabbit trail fight.

We just agree to disagree in our interpretation of the Bible and practices. We will find out soon enough who is deceiving or being deceived.

We have to remember that narrow is the road that leads to life and only a few find it. Do you know we have mega churches and churchgoers?

My threads are focusing the deceitfulness of many churches. They are not showing much of fruit. I have been watching over 30 years and went many places because my husband is in the military. 30 years of obsevations count plenty!

You want to protect luke warm and disobedient churches, go ahead. I will not cooperate in this kind of chirstianity and practices.

I will keep on speaking up to protect His teachings and reputaion for His glory.

Thank you every one for participating. If you want to argue some more maybe Imagican can take over. He has much more patient than I do. I will go to next thread.:wink:

Why do some denominations believe that if we dont accept their theology, like trinity we are not Christian?

I believe Jesus is son of God and Savior of the world; but why this is not good enough?

Thank you.

Because people want to feel special and superior to everyone else.

It is Pride.

They want to think that somehow they are better because there pastor is smarter, there Church prettier, or there doctrine more complicated.

By Grace ye are Saved seems to be lost on people these days!

Soma-Sight said:
Why do some denominations believe that if we dont accept their theology, like trinity we are not Christian?

I believe Jesus is son of God and Savior of the world; but why this is not good enough?

Thank you.

It is Pride.

They want to think that somehow they are better because there pastor is smarter, there Church prettier, or there doctrine more complicated.

But isn't it also pride to those who think all denominations are wrong and that they have "their own" truth? It's exactly the same.

Soma-Sight said:
You forgot the most important part of that paraphrase. It isn't Grace that saves anyone, it is Grace through Faith.

8 For by grace are ye saved
through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

We have to memorize completely whole Bible if you want to quote everything what you are saying is biblical. I dont have that good brain to memoraize the whole Bible. God is not looking if we memorized the Scrisptures. He is seeking if we are practicing what we learned in the Bible.

I don't believe memorization and ability to quote the Bible is the measure of Christianity; even though that's the way it is in the most churches.

Showing off your ability to quote the Bible is far from humbleness what Jesus is teaching.

This is very true. Even satan has the ability to know and quote the Scriptures and does so to his own gain...

Matthew 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Here he is quoting Psalms 91:11-12 to the one that is the omniscient Creator!! Notice how he interjects an "if" into his statement. His tactics haven't changed over the centuries. What a marvel is here, to find Satan with a Bible under his arm, and a text of scripture in his mouth! Christ had alleged scripture before to Satan; here Satan retorts scripture back again to Christ: It is written, says Christ; It is written, says Satan.

I believe we should arm ourselves with the "sword of the Spirit" (the word of God) Ephesians 6:17, but-heretics and hypocrits also learn how to use scripture to their advantage by twisting and perverting them to advance their cause. We must be vigilant and know, by studying scripture, when we are being hoodwinked.

BTW-this had nothing to do with the Free/gingercat discussion...just an observation about scripture memorization. It is important but, few have the capability to learn verbatim the enitire bible.

Ah, D46 found us, he he he. What took ya so long? This has been a good one so far.

You are absolutely right. And often those that can quote it the best do so for their 'own following', not to offer that others should follow Christ.

Which kinds brings us right back to the point of this thread.

Christ certainly told us to gather and offered rudimentary instructions, along with the apostles, concerning our need to do so and a basic form of what the Church is to be comprised of. But when one considers the way the modern churches portray themselves seems completely contradictory to much of the 'other' information that we are taught. Upon the death of Christ, we have much indication that God NO LONGER resides in a or the temple. The temple now becomes Christ within us. Yet the churches insist that they are 'houses of God'. There is NO LONGER a 'house of God', and simply calling it one does NOT make it so. In my opinion, I would go so far to say that the modern churches are nothing more than another form of idolatry.

We were NOT to simply gather to sing a couple of songs and listen to a mildly humorous story that somehow relates to three lines of scripture. Our job in gathering is to give thanks, offer praise, and to DO God's will. Collect money for the orphans, widows and those others less fortunate. Our modern churches would take until those less fortunate were completely broke and never EVEN THINK to ask if anyone in the congregation needed anything.

So, back to denominationalism, I believe that a big part of it is designed to do the exact thing that churches have turned to in order to gain a larger membership. Denominations, if you have noticed, have become more and more lax concerning anything required of their members. They have been designed to offer separation of people in order to destroy them. Together we stand, divided we fall. Instead of making an effort to agree with what truth is and simply teaching this, they have devised devious ways to alienate their other brothers and sisters by making their own laws that reinforce such separation. And then teaching that 'their way is the only way' further enforcing this brainwashing of their followers.

When one witnesses the likes of some of our more popular evangelist that have been caught with their 'pant's down', so to speak, these people had huge followings. Do you think that those that followed them were any different than the rest of us? how about James Jones? There were people that gave this man everything that they owned, including their lives. Now, I ask you: What's the difference except for the extremity that these offered versus the rest of the churches that exist. Jim Baker was lauded by the Christian Community as a really devoted and great man. And look at him now.

My point? These were just extremes. Men MOSTLY seek after themselves. Some seek after others. We should be seeking the truth and this can only be found through the Word and the Holy Spirit. Lying miracles and wonders are NOT from above. Satan has the ability to empower those that follow him with the same cunningness that he possesses himself. Satan was not this cartoon character that many have began to believe. Satan was the most beautiful and talented angel in heaven. So, if there are churches out there that teach something other than the truth through the Word, then it comes as no surprise that they are capable of luring and snagging people that don't know enough to defend themselves. Once they become dependant upon these, they are incapable of understanding anything different. Mostly unable. Some do leave one denomination for another not realizing that the game is the same, only some of the rules are different.

I know, I know. There aren't any out there that believe that they've been brainwashed. Well, I wonder why? There have been millions murdered in the name of Christ over the centuries that didn't know that they were being brainwashed by the churches then too. Or, should we really start warring with everyone that doesn't accept 'our way' of worshipping and force them to either 'act like we do and give us money' or die? Nothing has changed my friends except for the power that the churches once held.

And let me add this before everyone starts attacking again. I have NOT visited EVERY church that exists. If it's that hard to find the right one then I could search for the rest of my life and still not find it. But I have been to Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, Nondenominationals of various sorts, Bible churches, churches of christ, churches of God. Everything short of Beni Hindi and I have found all to be basically the same. Same kinds of pastors, same kinds of followers. So, I probably haven't been to a church that ANYONE reading this is attending. But you know, if yall have found the right one, just consider yourself blessed or lucky or something, for all the ones I have attended were lacking for most if not all that I have offered in this and my previous rantings contained in this and other threads.

Free said:
Soma-Sight said:

Thank you.

It is Pride.

But isn't it also pride to those who think all denominations are wrong and that they have "their own" truth? It's exactly the same.

Pehaps in some cases. But couldn't there be others out there that have found that the 'truth' goes deeper than what is offered by the churches. As stated previous, I ask that someone explain to me how there can be ONE TRUTH and hundreds if not thousands of different doctrines out there sayiing that they've got it right and every other denomination has it wrong.

Once again, which one is 'the right one'?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back