Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

questions for those who quit believing

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...
Everything that gave you doubt does have to be handled in order to believe.

I don't understand about the politics,,but they're everywhere.

Math seems to be innate in the universe...how did it get there?

I'm not trying to reconvert you, although I wish you would...

But how do you explain the universe around you?
How did it come into existence if not by God?
I had to condense a lot so I don't write a book. The gist is that I had become disillusioned and the more I learned about math, science, and other religions/cultures the harder it was for me to be fundamentalist.

Politics broke down many relationships in the church for me, because sadly I think too many people in the States relie way to much on a charismatic leader to get their info. I think many churches have a large problem with this. I don't politically line up with most Christians.

As for explaining how everything works, I accept that I don't always have an answer. I just think that many of the religions attempt to explain, but none of them fully understand. So I personally see them as starting points that modify based on new infirmation.

See we Christians decide they are all a bunch of cynical smart Alecs. It's just not the case. Sometimes I think they are just trying to be honest with themselves. Whereas Christians can be in denial.
Having visited atheistic websites and conversed with them for hours on end in refinery control rooms, I found them to be the ones in denial in a vain attempt to avoid accountability in a most rebellious fashion.

But one could not unknow the witness of the Spirit. Hence those who leave and no longer believe have never known the Lord.

1 John
They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
1 John is speaking about gnostics.
Gnostics are not christian.
I'll be replying to you when I can...
For now,
Happy Easter!

1 John is speaking about gnostics.
Gnostics are not christian.
I'll be replying to you when I can...
For now,
Happy Easter!
Is He?
For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

Its not possible to unknow the witness of the Spirit. Therefore those who leave and no longer believe never belonged, As in never knew Jesus. His sheep hear His voice.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

This really doesn't establish that conclusion. Mainly because it revolves around avoiding answer the basis of what establishes God. Pointing to complex questions that are not the root of a premise ( does a God exist?) Assumes the conclusion.

Either there is a God, in which case that explains why there is a universe and things work or there is no God, no reason why there is a universe and no reason why things work.

Rememberscience,Asad know t depends on aChristian understanding of the world.

Either there is a God, in which case that explains why there is a universe and things work or there is no God, no reason why there is a universe and no reason why things work.

Rememberscience,Asad know t depends on aChristian understanding of the world.
Not really. There questions don't establish a Christian God. If you are a Christian and find these arguments, God can be slid in. If you are trying to establish the existence of god(s), these questions just kick the can down the road.

He says he was a Christian, but yet never mentioned about being Spiritually born again or indwelled with the Holy Spirit. Even though he studied Hebrew and read the Bible in Hebrew he is trying to fit the Bible to a carnal thinking that is not logical to him. He uses a lot of justification of trying to explain why he is no longer a Christian.

John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

When he says about the Bible being fallible it seems to me within reading books on Philosophy and evolution and pinning that against scripture his problem is that he never developed a personal relationship with Christ for there he never knew Him other than the name.

This is why the salvation message needs to be taught in the church about being Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit for it's like those disciples in Acts 19:2 that never heard there is a Holy Spirit.

I pray for Spiritual revival in the church and the moving of the Holy Spirit.
His faith was in the head instead of in the heart. Tend to agree with you glory.

Not really. There questions don't establish a Christian God. If you are a Christian and find these arguments, God can be slid in. If you are trying to establish the existence of god(s), these questions just kick the can down the road.

The Christian doesn't need these arguments to establish God or prove the existence of God.

The Christian believes.

Quantrill

You always hear about the questions and doubts but I have yet to hear one of these instances in which they confess that there was ever a time, even for a moment, in which they beheld the Glory of God .
I still have questions myself , yet one thing I have no doubt about is the fact that have been changed into His image .
The two are not mutually exclusive.
Jesus gave us His answer for all those who cannot make sense of some things that only God Knows:

" Follow thou Me. " ( John 21:22 )

Many claim to be a Christian, but we still see them conforming to the world for they have never been taught to be transformed by the renewing of their mind in all Spiritual truths, Romans 12:1-2, Colossians Chapter 3. God empowered us setting us on fire in all power and authority through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, not just the evidence of speaking in tongues, but gave us power and authority that can remove any mountain standing in our way. Those who quit believing never had faith, even the size of a mustard seed as they never let faith grow in them for they truly had not Christ in their heart.

We, both men and women, need to be like Joshua and Caleb who took back what God promised and gave to them. We need to shout against the enemy tearing down their walls of destruction as we wear the full armour of God as we will always battle against Satan as the Holy Spirit of God goes before us giving us the victory over Satan, Ephesians 6:10-20. To many want to turn back to Egypt as they have no faith in God when trials and tribulations come against them. It is only those who will endure until the end that will be saved as their names are written in the Lamb's book of life, Matthew 24:3-14; Luke 10:18-20; Philippians 4:1-9; Rev 20:11-15.

Please read Joshua chapter 6 and Numbers Chapter 13-14. And let's not forget David called of God to slay Goliath when everyone else feared the Philistines, 1 Samuel Chapter 17.

The Lounge is a place to relax and view
The creative beliefs of a given few
Whether speaking in tongues or being baptized
The answers we give we think will make us look wise
And now we talk and there it will stand
Unless we say the wrong thing and then we get canned
Jesus Jesus is what we will cry
And he will forgive us even when we ask why

The Lounge The Lounge relax and view
All that we say, we are the given few.

That's right Brother. The little girl in Miracle on 34th Street was right...Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing. First we choose to believe and then He reveals Him self to us!
A place that needs to be believed to be seen....
U2

The Lounge is a place to relax and view
The creative beliefs of a given few
Whether speaking in tongues or being baptized
The answers we give we think will make us look wise
And now we talk and there it will stand
Unless we say the wrong thing and then we get canned
Jesus Jesus is what we will cry
And he will forgive us even when we ask why

The Lounge The Lounge relax and view
All that we say, we are the given few.
Good rhyming...and of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Another question I have for ex Christians;
How do you stay humble now?
Humility is something Christians should aspire to...but of course get full of themselves .
Atheists don't have to aspire to humility anymore. Am I right? They are now in full control of their own destiny. Sorry I'm borderline facetious now. All I know is, humble soul still aspires to humility......believe it or not. ?

Humility is something Christians should aspire to...but of course get full of themselves .
Atheists don't have to aspire to humility anymore. Am I right? They are now in full control of their own destiny. Sorry I'm borderline facetious now. All I know is, humble soul still aspires to humility......believe it or not. ?
Atheists don't have to aspire to anything. The more I conversed with them, the more they found wiggle room to avoid taking a real stand on anything more than rebellious rejection. I say they have no real ethics/morals though they slip and slide on what those they claim to adhere to are based on. I at least admire/respect their honest rejection of God regardless of their true/hidden motive for doing so. The most dangerous people I have encountered are the fakes slithering through the body of Christ......whether they be pedophiles, closet predatory bisexuals, atheists, socio/psychopaths.

That's right Brother. The little girl in Miracle on 34th Street was right...Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing. First we choose to believe and then He reveals Him self to us!

It's my opinion that the order is, God reveals, opens our eyes, we believe, and follow. But I understand what you're saying.

The main thing is that it is by faith and not by any scientific method of proof.

Quantrill

My question for the supposed ex is, what if you then changed your mind?

Quantrill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back