Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Revelations questions

There are some things about the Book of Revelations that have been nagging at me for a while now; and I hope some of my fellow members can help me to figure it out.

Now I know the only Church (or Temple) God has ever built upon this earth is the physical human body. Our bodies are a Temple Unto Our Lord; so I have no concern with the 7 letters to the 7 Churches.

There is Prophecy concerning the end times in other Book's; but only in Revelations does it warn of consequences of "changing" a single word of the Prophecy given? That I cannot understand; unless the whole point was to ensure that some of that Prophecy could never be fulfilled.

I know that God can do anything He pleases; but I also believe God has no interest in "putting on a show" for those who hold doubt in their hearts.

Greetings :)

Yes, Christ wrote the book of Revelation. It tells us right at the beginning:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
- Revelation 1:1-3 (NKJV)

I I believe verse 10 of chapter 1 needs to be thoroughly understood in order to understand the book of Revelation. Here it is:

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,
- Revelation 1:10 (NKJV)

Here in verse 10, John is speaking and telling the reader where he was. “I was in the Spirit…” So John was no longer in his flesh body, right? And when was this? “on the Lord’s Day.” John was taken forward in time! We also need to know that the “Day of the Lord“ is not referring to Sunday (or Saturday). This is the same Day of the Lord that Paul talks about in 1Thessalonians 5:2 as “coming as a thief in the night” and also in 2 Thessalonians 2:2-3. There is only one Day of the Lord.

Okay, so John was taken to the future beyond even our time frame today, and yet I believe we are living just a short time before where John was taken. I believe it won’t be long before JESUS CHRIST, the KING OF KINGS returns. :woot3

Blessings,
Lu
I agree.

Back