Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Romans 3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
mutzrein said:
Yes I agree - I don't know those who will come to Christ, but I do know that Jesus said, "no-one can come to the Father except through him (Jesus) and no-one can come to him, unless the Father draws him." My prayer is that God leads me to these.

Certainly - no doubt. The Bible, esp. Paul, exhorts us to pray for others, to include kings and governmental leaders, presumably pagan ones. (1 Tim). Also, the prayer of a righteous fellow is effective (James 5). I believe that God "awaits" for us to pray for others to involve us somehow, much like a mother involves her 2 year old daughter to bake cookies. The mother doesn't need the child, but involves her out of love. I believe God acts that way towards us, as well. Otherwise, prayer for others serves no purpose - as God has "already decided" what to do regarding others. If one looks at God as a God of Love, it becomes easy to see how God involves man in the salvation of others. Out of love, not necessity.

Regards

Gabbylittleangel said:
Hot dog! A prayer for the lost to be saved!

:biggrin Thanks for the concession Gabby. I believe I still see this differently, but hey - I can only be what God has called me to be.

That IS our 'commission' and that IS 'one way' that God 'leads' some people to Christ. The BIGGEST 'mystery' of God is the 'how and who' He chooses. But that He uses 'some' to bring 'others' TO Him through His Son is without doubt.

Amen, my brother!!

1 Corinthians 9:2

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

MEC

Back