Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

More of the old diesel plant and the Illinois Apartments. I posted the front view to compare the west and east view.she has a small garage on the south side.

View attachment 8783 of note is this old bank is built prior to having power and the north building attached and made to look identical not long after its construction had no power originally or ac.some photos show the addition as a pharmacy, Greg loy? And western union. It had a typical Spanish awning along with bank as well.however, the awning wasn't just over a window but the stores.of note is that arabic shape from the moorish influence in Spanish. It's the only one I have a seen like that.that is why for some time it didn't seem righr.yet many a Spanish edifice will have thar as a open window or door.this does both.

That is the current Google Earth image of the theatre.Vero beach and Indian River have a start with this place .I know I posted it on this thread.i plan to take my camera ,Sunday and photo this Gal.

Very moorish in its influence which is also very Spanish. The cross things are also in moorish edifice.Alahambra ,Spain has them.

More of the old diesel plant and the Illinois Apartments. I posted the front view to compare the west and east view.she has a small garage on the south side.

Gotta love the old diesel plant!

The Illinois Apartments are stunning! The first photo (in the line-up) is especially attractive... from that view, the exterior looks a bit more elaborate than the face-forward photo. Obviously, a good looking structure, regardless of view!

Gotta love the old diesel plant!

The Illinois Apartments are stunning! The first photo (in the line-up) is especially attractive... from that view, the exterior looks a bit more elaborate than the face-forward photo. Obviously, a good looking structure, regardless of view!
I didn't realize how they butchered it.I know what she looked like before. The concrete slab is where they had fuel storage.I will shoot a better photo

The front facade with the arches, as seen on the more recent photo, is a new addition when compared to the old photo of the theater.

It really is cool to be able to compare then and now ...!
I remember that era of this theatre.it sat vacant and in decay for a decade after it closed.the sign was falling apart.it lost the south side of its cover and lights were exposed then a storm came and really messed that place up.it was an eye sore .I remember wondering if they would just fix it or raze it.just do something.this could have become a children's theatre or like riverside.the stage has the potential.

I remember that era of this theatre.it sat vacant and in decay for a decade after it closed.the sign was falling apart.it lost the south side of its cover and lights were exposed then a storm came and really messed that place up.it was an eye sore .I remember wondering if they would just fix it or raze it.just do something.this could have become a children's theatre or like riverside.the stage has the potential.

Don't recall if I've mentioned it before..........

Champaign, IL has an old theater called the Virginia Theater. It's where the annual Roger Ebert Overlooked Film Festival is held, amongst other events. Anyway, the theater was closed and vacant for quite a few years until a theater group found the financing to buy the building. It has taken quite a few years, but the interior is now restored (for the most part). It was originally designed in Art Deco, with some fabulous detailing in that style, and now looks absolutely great. The theater is known for its superior sound that reaches easily into the balcony levels and side boxes. I'm glad the building was saved ... it has quite the history!

Back