Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Route pics

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I so agree! She's shining!
your favorite building was calling me today to photo it. I will go out and shoot the interior of the diesel plant. I will get the turbine . the light of today ,man every building that is old was calling me to photo it. big blue, st helens, parkway plaza, a few homes, I had one that was interesting that was a simple telephone pool near a date palm tree.

I haven't propped or done a photo like this since high school, I do have some photos of my old film days. you will see the eye I had then is the same now.
the bottle that is the main focus is a milk bottle from the days of Waldo. my wife has had this for years.View attachment 11017

your favorite building was calling me today to photo it. I will go out and shoot the interior of the diesel plant. I will get the turbine . the light of today ,man every building that is old was calling me to photo it. big blue, st helens, parkway plaza, a few homes, I had one that was interesting that was a simple telephone pool near a date palm tree.

I haven't propped or done a photo like this since high school, I do have some photos of my old film days. you will see the eye I had then is the same now.
the bottle that is the main focus is a milk bottle from the days of Waldo. my wife has had this for years.View attachment 11017
my brother, liked this photo as I was talking about this bottle and posted I would prop it. my wife propped it like this when we moved in. it has moved only once. I work better with black and white.

I used to have a collection of some of the early, early bottles... gave everything to my kids when I downsized a few years ago. Figured they would appreciate them.

What the picture you presented displays, makes me wanna sigh. I appreciate the effort your wife has made towards the collecting and preserving these items from the past!

Ah....your ears are open to listening! Isn't it amazing how, once you take a few photos, other sites start calling out to you! (I've had that happen, not only with a camera, but also when I was house-hunting. Approach a house on the market, and so many times, it would cry out to be bought.)

I used to have a collection of some of the early, early bottles... gave everything to my kids when I downsized a few years ago. Figured they would appreciate them.

What the picture you presented displays, makes me wanna sigh. I appreciate the effort your wife has made towards the collecting and preserving these items from the past!
theres a ton of those, she is into antiques, I wasn't until recently, I have told her that her love for southwestern style edifice and antiques has influenced what I will photo. the homes I photograph she likes, of course I grew up around them and liked them but not like I do today.

Ah....your ears are open to listening! Isn't it amazing how, once you take a few photos, other sites start calling out to you! (I've had that happen, not only with a camera, but also when I was house-hunting. Approach a house on the market, and so many times, it would cry out to be bought.)
I was not able to photo. the light was hitting just about every thing I have photographed , the vero furniture mart man what a light display, the contrast given in black and white would be stunning. no clouds , only what you say with big blue a few days ago.

I was planning to photo as when I told you about the south wall coming out I could see the light from the front view. I can show you that. hmm I must plan this carefully, I cant enter the property as that is a crime. I may tell them I will photo them. they know I have photos of it already. I have talked to them before. oh, I spoke to the staff at st.helens about a few things, photos, primarily the paper route. I have a photo of it from the 50s. the front door I love isn't quite the same it appears, I might be. I will look.

you can see the south wall through those big windows, and I can shoot the wall from the south parking lot. I will walk this lot as much as I can.

I was not able to photo. the light was hitting just about every thing I have photographed , the vero furniture mart man what a light display, the contrast given in black and white would be stunning. no clouds , only what you say with big blue a few days ago.

Sometimes the timing just isn't 'right' when it comes to taking pictures. No worries...another day, another time, all will be 'right'!

Sometimes the timing just isn't 'right' when it comes to taking pictures. No worries...another day, another time, all will be 'right'!
I plan on squeazing a few photos in this weekend. I could have used my smart phone but it seldom gets the pics like the dlsr is able to. I used that to get that milk bottle.

I plan on squeazing a few photos in this weekend. I could have used my smart phone but it seldom gets the pics like the dlsr is able to. I used that to get that milk bottle.

You really need to put together the photos in a book, something that can be sold to others. If not that, then enlarge the pictures, frame 'em, then sell 'em. There would be people willing to buy them!

You really need to put together the photos in a book, something that can be sold to others. If not that, then enlarge the pictures, frame 'em, then sell 'em. There would be people willing to buy them!
I'm testing the waters. I know that the doy complemented me on that. I could make money on this but then I think I will loose the artistic nature of what I do when its for money.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back