Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

I like the brown house, it looks like the same period.

Wow. That is a very interesting bell tower. I've never seen anything like that before. It's beautiful. It looks like art deco from the 20s and 30s.
it is bigger. I just zoomed in. they wanted that colossus to be bigger and the city and nearby community killed it. that is an apostate church. I have found its old sanctuary. there is a picture of it at john's island and I went walking the property ,peeped my head in one window as the windows looked the same as in the photo and that was it.

it matches the church. I wanted to take a lot of that. the arches is what makes match.

this area has a ton of matching Spanish revival homes . I wanted to take the pic of the home to the left but the area was busy.

Like the 1920 one.
Every time I see an Air Stream, I think of the old Lucy and Desi movie where they are on their honeymoon.

"The Long, Long Trailer" .... great movie!

I watch it every year while putting up the Christmas tree. I also watch "Maverick" and "True Lies". All 3 movies are fairly long .... long enough so I'm able to put on the lights, the garlands, and many of the ornaments.

the old Viking inn. I took that with my cell phone I didn't see good that was until I seen it online and here. I cropped my truck out. I took that as I was leaving behind a house.

What do the bells sound like ?

I imagine they're something to truly hear.
actually they aren't that loud. more chime like. it surprised me to even hear those. I had done two routes,the one today which starts literally where I took that shot of the bell tower from and the grenada route which starts at that church, not far from where I shot the image. in two years I have never heard that. I walk the entire grenada route out.

I will hit up what I wanted to when I hit the catholic church in this area. the old pen and flora, I will add in the grenada apartments. as old as the other things I have posted.

You really do live in an architectually rich area, my friend !
yes, oh I have a lot just in that area alone with homes like that one I have posted. plenty of them. remember these homes for the time were mansions and they aren't small. they are large. but the mcmansions make these look small. there are some on the beach. the riomar route near the riomar golf course has a few of these Spanish revival homes. some old, some are retro.

I prefer these older homes over a lot of what I have taken. I wish I could own one of them but they are high maintance.

They really can be.

I've purchased old houses to renovate. There were a couple that were basically rebuilt entirely inside .... wiring, plumbing, insulation, heating/cooling, walls, interior door frames, windows, etc. Even some floors had to be stripped down to the sub-floor (and the original wood floors couldn't be saved). Because of the money poured into those properties, I did live in the houses once they were finished. To sale them immediately would have seen a big loss on the properties, and that definitely wasn't the goal!

yet some of these homes are sturdy ie,. the waldo sextons ranch homes( 2 each) at his secret garden and diary, and his ranch which I haven't been to photo. the old Gifford home.

As long as the 'bones' of the structure are sound, they can be rescued. Thankfully, I never bought a house that couldn't be saved.

As long as the 'bones' of the structure are sound, they can be rescued. Thankfully, I never bought a house that couldn't be saved.
some have converted a few homes. there is one that was a family home and is about half the size of the royal Viking and its a psychiatrist office now.

That's rather convenient ...being able to walk to it without problem while working
I wont be anywhere near that tomorrow. the hospital route. I may take a pic of the hospital and its older remnant and tell the tale. its rather interesting that a nurse was in charge of the hospital district up to this one I will post. a nurse who started the first hospital from a hotel about the size of the royal Viking . . it was bigger actually as the Viking inn was two stories and the hospital on old Dixie was three stories. that edifice still stood up a fire damaged it beyond repair and it was called klines' apartment.if it stood trust me I would have photographed that. no, Saturday when I will shoot the catholic church, from its planned location I will walk two blocks to get the other old home.

Back