Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Route pics

Daytime....night time....it doesn't matter. That building's exterior is stunning!
it had a tunnel underneath to the bank across the street until 1993. I remember that tunnel it was for the teller. that building albeit modified still stands. I will get a pic. but here is the large Spanish home with its garage and the bungalow just south. I didn't think I got the home with the garage.View attachment 7073 View attachment 7074 View attachment 7074

I was thinking of lewis when I got this. I have debated a person fb who said this was racist. study the image and how is it racist when it was who was here first? its just around the corner from the furniture store. painter is unknown.View attachment 7075

I figured the 'truck' was a custom build jobber, utilizing the VW Bug design.

I'm still curious about what's hidden to the left of the 'truck'

I figured the 'truck' was a custom build jobber, utilizing the VW Bug design.

I'm still curious about what's hidden to the left of the 'truck'
yes that is a vw thing.what is left of the truck is a mid 80s - to early 90's model chevy 1500 . I should have taken a few better pics. I had one of a track hoe left to rot and it didn't show up as I wanted to in those trees. so when I go there again(its not going to me moving) I will take a pic and also of my wife's aunt's old home facing north.

No worries about the track hoe photo .... sometimes, some photos aren't meant to be at a particular time
in a rush. I can get it from a better angle next month. I remember when it wasn't so covered in Brazilian pepper trees. the land owner likes to leave cars, boats, and equipment to rot rather then scrap it. has a few old corvair husks in the woods too. I may go and get those too and boats.

Some of the counties in Illinois have enacted laws that properties have to clean up the old personal dumping grounds.Talk about making a difference!

Some of the counties in Illinois have enacted laws that properties have to clean up the old personal dumping grounds.Talk about making a difference!
we have such laws but unless you drive down that road. you wouldn't know. im not reporting family. sorry im just not going to report my wifes uncle and cousin.

No, I wouldn't report family either!

Then again, I wouldn't report any one else either.
I could if its in city limits but well I know if I do and they see me and code enforcement comes out they will surely hate me all the more. I know a house on the flc route that has a car that is overgrown with vines. i'm mixed on this as it does lower property values yet at times some are too poor to fix things or have reasonable alibis for that problem.

Unless you're mandated to report such discoveries, I wouldn't report 'em.

It's too bad the recycling center doesn't offer a week of free pick up for old cars, etc.

Unless you're mandated to report such discoveries, I wouldn't report 'em.

It's too bad the recycling center doesn't offer a week of free pick up for old cars, etc.
we don't have that style here. you pay them to come get it. unlike before you got 50 bucks for the car. its sad as the junk yards can make a ton off you car. shoot I have paid some money for parts. I have a spare rim that cost me 20 bucks. imagine if I just got all four from the same truck and they paid 50 bucks for it. they still come out ahead.

That's how it used to be in many parts of Illinois over the decades: they would pay money to the owner to pick up cars, etc. Then it was changed to no money, but the car would be picked up and hauled away for free. Now it's changed to where the owner has to pay. But every year, for a couple of weeks, there will be free hauling away of vehicles. (Next year, in my area, those two weeks will expand to three.)

That's how it used to be in many parts of Illinois over the decades: they would pay money to the owner to pick up cars, etc. Then it was changed to no money, but the car would be picked up and hauled away for free. Now it's changed to where the owner has to pay. But every year, for a couple of weeks, there will be free hauling away of vehicles. (Next year, in my area, those two weeks will expand to three.)
I haven't heard of that. they should do that. even though this guy probably can afford to pay. he has a tree trimming company. he could trim the trees and then haul off the boats and what not and pay for the other things to be removed. but the county is one to talk remember the crane? that has been there nearly a decade.

Back