Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation through baptism in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It seems to me that you would choose a fourth option: that baptism doesn't save.
Agreed
The purpose of the book of John 20:30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. Eternal life in Christ is the purpose of the book, yet baptism is never mentioned. It is impossible to contend that God’s purpose of the book is incomplete.
  • 1 Peter 3:21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, [the verse is confusing in regard to baptism being ritual or spiritual]
  • Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Many scholars feel the translation is better rendered as: “Repent, and be baptized everyone of you, [believing] upon the name of Jesus Christ into the remissions of sins”.
  • Romans 6:1-4 ... this doesn't refer to water baptism. Baptism means "to be associated with" so when it says "baptized into His death?" is means "associated with His death" which is part of what it means to be IN CHRIST
  • Galatians 3:27, Colossians 2:12 ... same as Romans 6:1-4 (FYI ... not all uses of the word Baptism refer to water baptism. There is 8 different types of baptism in the Bible that I am aware of)
  • baptism is not mentioned when the Mark 16:16 is repeated in the negative form.
  • There is no evidence in the passage to show that the baptism referred to in Mark 16 is ritual (with water), rather than by the Spirit.
  • Mark 16:9-20 are not included in some older manuscripts so their inclusion in scripture is questionable. Mark 16:16 Whoever believes [Human requirement per the efficacious call of the Spirit] and is baptized [divine miracle] will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Stated from the negative side baptism is omitted as being unnecessary; for he that disbelieves cannot be baptized. If this verse is about water baptism he can be baptized; but if it is the baptism of the Spirit, he cannot.
  • Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, both men and women. [Belief precedes baptism]
  • Acts 10:44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word [the Holy Spirit only indwells in the saved]. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God [further evidence of salvation]. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people [evidence that these new believers were not baptized; yet they were saved], who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days. Notice in these verses they had already received the Holy Spirit before they were baptized in water.
  • Acts 22:16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’ The verse, written by joining the imperatives and participle should read: “Arising, be baptized; wash away your sins, calling on the Lord.”
  • Paul before his baptism had received the Lord Jesus and his eyes had been opened and the Holy Ghost given. Acts 9:18. Cornelius and his house also received the Holy Ghost and spake with tongues before their baptism. Acts 10:44-48. The Jailer at Philippi manifestly believed before he was baptized. Baptism without antecedent faith was treated as invalid in certain disciples at Ephesus. Acts 19:1-5.

It seems to me that you would choose a fourth option: that baptism doesn't save.
Finally, Gal. 5:2-6 talks about the fatal gospel error of believing in works for ones salvation although it speaks of believing in circumcision for salvation, it is implied IMO that if you believe you must satisfy any work of salvation like water baptism then; verse 4 You have been severed from Christ, if you seek to be [a]justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] through the Law; you have fallen from grace [for you have lost your grasp on God’s unmerited favor and blessing].
Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Finally, Gal. 5:2-6 talks about the fatal gospel error of believing in works for ones salvation although it speaks of believing in circumcision for salvation, it is implied IMO that if you believe you must satisfy any work of salvation like water baptism then; verse 4 You have been severed from Christ, if you seek to be [a]justified [that is, declared free of the guilt of sin and its penalty, and placed in right standing with God] through the Law; you have fallen from grace [for you have lost your grasp on God’s unmerited favor and blessing].
Hopefully, I'm wrong.
If that were the case, Paul wouldn't have exhorted the Galatians to be baptized in Galatians 3:27; for he would have been exhorting them to do what would sever them from Christ and cause them to fall from grace.

Agreed

The purpose of the book of John 20:30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. Eternal life in Christ is the purpose of the book, yet baptism is never mentioned. It is impossible to contend that God’s purpose of the book is incomplete.
  • 1 Peter 3:21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, [the verse is confusing in regard to baptism being ritual or spiritual]
  • Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Many scholars feel the translation is better rendered as: “Repent, and be baptized everyone of you, [believing] upon the name of Jesus Christ into the remissions of sins”.
  • Romans 6:1-4 ... this doesn't refer to water baptism. Baptism means "to be associated with" so when it says "baptized into His death?" is means "associated with His death" which is part of what it means to be IN CHRIST
  • Galatians 3:27, Colossians 2:12 ... same as Romans 6:1-4 (FYI ... not all uses of the word Baptism refer to water baptism. There is 8 different types of baptism in the Bible that I am aware of)
  • baptism is not mentioned when the Mark 16:16 is repeated in the negative form.
  • There is no evidence in the passage to show that the baptism referred to in Mark 16 is ritual (with water), rather than by the Spirit.
  • Mark 16:9-20 are not included in some older manuscripts so their inclusion in scripture is questionable. Mark 16:16 Whoever believes [Human requirement per the efficacious call of the Spirit] and is baptized [divine miracle] will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Stated from the negative side baptism is omitted as being unnecessary; for he that disbelieves cannot be baptized. If this verse is about water baptism he can be baptized; but if it is the baptism of the Spirit, he cannot.
  • Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, both men and women. [Belief precedes baptism]
  • Acts 10:44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word [the Holy Spirit only indwells in the saved]. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God [further evidence of salvation]. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people [evidence that these new believers were not baptized; yet they were saved], who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days. Notice in these verses they had already received the Holy Spirit before they were baptized in water.
  • Acts 22:16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’ The verse, written by joining the imperatives and participle should read: “Arising, be baptized; wash away your sins, calling on the Lord.”
  • Paul before his baptism had received the Lord Jesus and his eyes had been opened and the Holy Ghost given. Acts 9:18. Cornelius and his house also received the Holy Ghost and spake with tongues before their baptism. Acts 10:44-48. The Jailer at Philippi manifestly believed before he was baptized. Baptism without antecedent faith was treated as invalid in certain disciples at Ephesus. Acts 19:1-5.
Keep making excuses so that you don't feel the need to be water baptized...you may find on the day of judgment that you were lacking in one important thing when it comes to what might have saved you.

For it is clear to me that false teachers have taught falsely on this subject concerning every verse that substantiates the doctrine; but that those who listen to them will very likely wind up in hell.

If that were the case, Paul wouldn't have exhorted the Galatians to be baptized in Galatians 3:27; for he would have been exhorting them to do what would sever them from Christ and cause them to fall from grace.
You don't understand the nuanse. There is a difference between
1) being baptized because you want to be obedient which is a result of faith and
2) believing you must add something to faith to be saved which is telling God that His sacrifice was not enough, you have to add a work to it to be saved

Keep making excuses so that you don't feel the need to be water baptized
That is not my contention. We both feel a believer should be baptized. I am saying you, IMO, have the wrong motive to be baptized. See above. You want to be baptized to be saved. I want to be baptized to be obedient.
you may find on the day of judgment that you were lacking in one important thing when it comes to what might have saved you.
Even if you are right, I've been baptized.
If I am wrong I will get to heaven and God may say, we you may a mistake ... no biggy as you got baptized and that and Christ saved you.
If you are wrong then God may refer you to Gal. 5:2-6 and possibly more negative consequences. Hopefully though, He just says "minor mistake in understanding" but He might say: Gal. 5:3 Once more I solemnly affirm to every man who receives circumcision [as a supposed requirement of salvation], that he is under obligation and required to keep the whole Law.
For it is clear to me that false teachers have taught falsely on this subject concerning every verse that substantiates the doctrine; but that those who listen to them will very likely wind up in hell.
There's always false teachers. Hopefully, I am not one of them. To an extent we all get something wrong.

You don't understand the nuanse. There is a difference between
1) being baptized because you want to be obedient which is a result of faith and
2) believing you must add something to faith to be saved which is telling God that His sacrifice was not enough, you have to add a work to it to be saved
I am saying that there is a conditional promise in holy scripture; that salvation (remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost) comes to those who repent and are baptized in Jesus' Name.
That is not my contention. We both feel a believer should be baptized. I am saying you, IMO, have the wrong motive to be baptized. See above. You want to be baptized to be saved. I want to be baptized to be obedient.
No, I do not want to be baptized to be saved. I have already been baptized and have received the promises associated with that in Acts 2:38-39.
Even if you are right, I've been baptized.
But you discourage others from being baptized by minimizing the necessity of the action; and if I understand you correctly, you are even trying to imply that being baptized will bring condemnation instead of salvation. So, you are definitely trying to discourage people from submitting to the ordinance. Will not God hold you accountable if someone doesn't get baptized, and therefore doesn't enter the kingdom, because of you?
If you are wrong then God may refer you to Gal. 5:2-6 and possibly more negative consequences. Hopefully though, He just says "minor mistake in understanding" but He might say: Gal. 5:3 Once more I solemnly affirm to every man who receives circumcision [as a supposed requirement of salvation], that he is under obligation and required to keep the whole Law.
Since the plain reading of Acts 2:38-39 is what it is in the kjv, I think that the fact that I am trusting in it as a promise is not going to condemn me.

To an extent we all get something wrong.
Jas 3:1, Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.

If you are going to dispense any kind of teaching, it would be important for you to ask the Holy Ghost to give you the words to say, and to speak through you; and that every word that comes from you would first and foremost, be from Him.

Baptist doctrine, needs to be moved to another area, it is only made up for strife, why wont the forum be seen to have some rule against strife/debates.

Baptist doctrine, needs to be moved to another area, it is only made up for strife, why wont the forum be seen to have some rule against strife/debates.
There is no need for any strife to be exhibited in this thread.

All one needs to do is be obedient to the following.

1Co 1:10, Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

I would like here to make a case for baptism in Jesus' Name.

First I want to show that scripturally baptism has the power to save.

1Pe 3:20, Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pe 3:21, The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

In verse 20, it makes it clear that the baptism being spoken of in verse 21 is water baptism.

Now, I know that a case can be made that we are saved by grace through faith; as though this excluded being saved through the grace of baptism. In this post I will not argue that a person can only be saved through baptism in Jesus' Name (except in part); but that baptism in Jesus' Name has the power to save a soul;

And that therefore, if you have any doubts about your salvation, being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins may be something that you might want to try.

For it is written,

Deu 4:29, But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

and,

Jer 29:13, And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

It should be clear that there is a conditional promise in holy scripture, that we can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost...

The condition being that we repent and are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins:

Act 2:38, Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39, For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

I would say, also, that if baptism does indeed save, that this salvation is in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth:

Act 4:10, Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11, This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12, Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Now, here I will make a case for the exclusivisity in salvation of being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

For the promise of Acts 2:38 is a conditional promise.

Act 2:39, For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

And it is given to as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Consider.

Rom 8:30, Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

If you are not among the called, then you were never predestinated unto salvation; and will not be justified.

Nevertheless, in Mark 16:16, it is those who believe not who will be damned; baptism isn't mentioned (as concerning condemnation for lack of it) except as a guarantee for salvation wherein it says, "whosoever believeth and is baptized shall be saved."

This indicates to me that, whereas in John 3:16, if you believe only, you "should" not perish, that if you believe and are baptized, you have an absolute promise of salvation...the word "shall" is an absolute one...whereas the word "should" is rather iffy.

So, I will not here preach that you must be baptized in Jesus' Name or else you will not be saved (I will allow the word of God to do that preaching for me, in verses already quoted); but I will say that if you want absolute assurance of salvation, the next step is to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth for the remission of sins.

Then, you shall receive remission of sins (1 John 3:9) and the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Agreed. Without a doubt, baptism, immersion in water, is 100% required as a condition of salvation per Acts 2:38. But it should be noted that Matt 28:19, "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost" is as valid as is "in the name of Jesus Christ" since 1. scripture doesn't and can't conflict with scripture meaning both are valid, and 2. what "in the name of" means is 'by the authority of', no different than if someone said "I do this or that in the name of the crown or king, etc.

Baptism is essential to not only remit sin, but according to that dame passage, to enable the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, a dva bit further down in verse 47, to he added to the body of Christ by the Lord, which is the church.

Agreed. Without a doubt, baptism, immersion in water, is 100% required as a condition of salvation per Acts 2:38. But it should be noted that Matt 28:19, "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost" is as valid as is "in the name of Jesus Christ" since 1. scripture doesn't and can't conflict with scripture meaning both are valid, and 2. what "in the name of" means is 'by the authority of', no different than if someone said "I do this or that in the name of the crown or king, etc.

Baptism is essential to not only remit sin, but according to that dame passage, to enable the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, a dva bit further down in verse 47, to he added to the body of Christ by the Lord, which is the church.
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are titles that speak of one Person, Jesus Christ; and we are to be baptized into His name for salvation (Acts 4:10-12); not in titles.

How many times does it have to be shown that the perverse disputes of men, has no excuses to continue on a website claiming to be in the name of Christianity, if an internet regulator does not put a stop to wrongful action in the name of peoples faith/Christianity, God/Jesus Christ, will, one day soon.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are titles that speak of one Person, Jesus Christ; and we are to be baptized into His name for salvation (Acts 4:10-12); not in titles.
As stated though, scripture CAN'T be in conflict with itself, so, Matthew 28:19 CAN'T be wrong, superceded by Acts 2:38. They must somehow be in harmony which is why I brought this up. In both cases, it's really saying by the authority of, and looking at it like that, they both make sense and harmonize as they should. Another point to consider is found below in a response of mine on this topic posted elsewhere on another forum for your consideration.

REPOST

"To my previous notes suggesting that we today, may be placing too much emphasis on the baptizer and what he says or doesn't say as relates to the process of baptism at the actual time of immersion, as opposed to the emphasis being on the one about to be baptized, and many being concerned that a baptism may be invalid if the baptizer doesn't say the appropriate words, I'll provide some other scriptural information and observation below for further consideration.

Although we today make reference to Matthew 28:19 and/or Acts 2:38 as guides to follow, one saying something different than the other causing confusion and controversy, with either one or the other typically used at the time of baptism in somewhat of a ceremonial process being verbalized by the one performing the baptism, you'll find no record in the scriptures of any such thing occurring at the time of baptism or just prior to the actual act of the baptizer performing the immersion (baptism) of the new believer. Nowhere can be found a baptizer saying "I baptize you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost", or, "I baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ" or anything similar or anything at all for that matter. What you do find is simply that the person or persons were simply immediately baptized.

Also, in only two instances recorded, you'll find that anything at all was said or required to be said relative to either of these 2 scriptures, and in both instances, it's the one being baptized that either says something or is told to say something. Those 2 instances are found in Acts 8 and Acts 22.

In Acts 8:34-38 below KJV, you'll see in verse 37 that upon believing, the Ethiopian eunuch confirmed his belief verbally in the presence of only Philip, by stating he believed "that Jesus Christ is the Son of God". Immediately after that, verse 38 days he was baptized, immersed in water. Nothing else was recorded as being said by the baptizer, Philip, prior to the baptism. Note too this is also consistent with the requirement of Romans 10:9-10, that belief and confession are a necessary part of the salvation process.

"34And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 35Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him."

Romans 10:9-10

"9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

In Acts 22:6-16 below KJV, Saul (Paul) recounts his conversion which is initially recorded in Acts 9:3-19. And you'll notice what is said in verse 16 of this scripture. Upon Paul's belief, Paul was told to "be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord". ("of Him" 'autou', in the original Greek per the interlinear.)

"16And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

So, it raises questions in my mind, such as, was anything more said by the baptizers of the bible unlike today? Was or is anything really necessary to be said by baptizers today? Does whatever is said 'incorrectly' or thought to be incorrect by baptizers today have effect on the validity of the baptism? Speak where the Bible speaks and remain silent where it is silent. Is this applicable here as well? Were the baptizers silent? Are we as baptizers silent today? Should we be simply immersing those who have heard the gospel, believed it, confessed their belief, and repented? It's a good question. Were the 3000 that believed as noted in Acts 2:37-42, immediately baptized by who knows how many baptizers, or was some sort of ceremonial words spoken before each as they were baptized?"

I would merely say that baptism in "the name of" the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, is, by definition, in the name of Jesus Christ.

For if you compare Acts 2:38 to Matthew 28:19, you should notice,

1) that the "name" of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is singular;

and,

2) that it is Jesus Christ (see Colossians 2:9 (kjv)).

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.
Now please notice that this word is written to the believers in Corinth.

And, in context, Paul writes that he himself baptized no one except for Crispus, Gaius, and the household of Stephanas.

This is to say that God did not send Paul to baptize.

However, it should be clear that this does not mean that many believers in Corinth weren't baptized.

For it is written in Acts 18:8,

Act 18:8, And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

So it should also be clear that Paul used the same method as did Jesus when it came to baptizing,

Jhn 4:1, When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,
Jhn 4:2, (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

Here, we find that Jesus made and baptized many disciples;

But that he left the actual baptizing up to his disciples.

I contend that Paul also made and baptized many disciples;

But left the actual baptizing up to his disciples.

Otherwise, the only ones in Corinth who would have been baptized through Paul's ministry would have been Crispus, Gaius, and the household of Stephanas.

Nevertheless, it should be clear that it was Paul's ministry through which many converts were baptized, in Acts 18:8.

How many times does it have to be shown that the perverse disputes of men, has no excuses to continue on a website claiming to be in the name of Christianity, if an internet regulator does not put a stop to wrongful action in the name of peoples faith/Christianity, God/Jesus Christ, will, one day soon.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
There is nothing divisive about this doctrine.

However, the devil hates this doctrine because it brings salvation to those who receive it.

So, he will fight tooth and nail, using any tactic he can think of, to combat it.

If he can get it erased from message boards like these, he will be ecstatic;

As many more people will not be rescued from the depths of hell.

I would merely say that baptism in "the name of" the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, is, by definition, in the name of Jesus Christ.

For if you compare Acts 2:38 to Matthew 28:19, you should notice,

1) that the "name" of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is singular;

and,

2) that it is Jesus Christ (see Colossians 2:9 (kjv)).
Exactly! Not in the names of. So what does that mean or infer? By their authority as I've pointed out initially. It can't mean Jesus name only in Matthew 28 because God the father has a name, or, various ones, i.e., YAHWEH, Jehova, I AM.

Exactly! Not in the names of. So what does that mean or infer? By their authority as I've pointed out initially. It can't mean Jesus name only in Matthew 28 because God the father has a name, or, various ones, i.e., YAHWEH, Jehova, I AM.
According to a careful comparison of Matthew 28:19 and Acts 2:38-39, the Father's name specifically, and of the Son and Spirit, is Jesus Christ.

The forum and OPs wont stop all debate threads, they say they are correct, and they are not though.

Two threads stopped so far, one for Jehovah witness, and one for who Jesus is.

This third is remaining, about baptism, it is causing strife, it is blasphemy, not glory for God.

Just examine what I can show us all.

There is only one thing to say, one thing to know entirely, if our conscience now believes in Christ risen to forgive our sins, or we are yet dead in our sins. ( this is the baptism that saves us, and we are saved if we believe that God raised Christ from the dead.

It might be boring, it might kill the forum, but if the word was preached in faith, without the need for debate, strife, disputes, that would then stop all blasphemy, and allow only purity of faith on your so called Christian name forum.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Back