Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Scripture required?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1 Thes 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 20:5-6

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power,

The dead are dead for now Don.
You can't quote one scripture that will change my belief.

Death is like suspended animation. When a person dies there is no time. So the person that dies, to them it seems that they are instantly in heaven even though a thousand or ten thousand years has passed.

The dead know nothing.

Ecclesiastes 9: 10
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Mary is dead. Peter is dead, Adam is dead.

Jesus is alive because he is God.

Spiritual Anarchy!

No one between me and Christ!

Then you do not have Christ and are not a Christian in His new covenant church / kingdom cos you must enter by initiation of those who are in the covenant and who administer the kingdom and govern the holy church founded by Christ!
Well, I'll give you one win. The powers that be here on CF certainly picked the right person for the job of 'Catholicism Overseer'.

God bless,
Ted

1 Thes 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 20:5-6

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power,

The dead are dead for now Don.
You can't quote one scripture that will change my belief.

Death is like suspended animation. When a person dies there is no time. So the person that dies, to them it seems that they are instantly in heaven even though a thousand or ten thousand years has passed.

The dead know nothing.

Ecclesiastes 9: 10
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Mary is dead. Peter is dead, Adam is dead.

Jesus is alive because he is God.
How about Matt 16:18-19?

That is Mary’s throne she is full of grace and found favor Lk 1:28-30

Found our salvation lost by adam

All graces come thru Mary!
Don't waste your time trying to convince me that Mary is anything but dead and waiting for the day of judgement, like the rest of the dead.

Spiritual Anarchy!

No one between me and Christ!

Then you do not have Christ and are not a Christian in His new covenant church / kingdom cos you must enter by initiation of those who are in the covenant and who administer the kingdom and govern the holy church founded by Christ!

Jn 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

But you don’t need anyone else?

(New covenant has an ordained priestly ministry)

Mk 3:14
Matt 22:14
Jn 15:16
Acts 14:23
Acts 16:4
1 cor 9:14
1 Tim 2:7

(Sent by Christ with His authority)

Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21

(Forgive mens sins / reconcile)

Jn 20:23
2 cor 5:18

(Ministry)

Mal 1:11
Acts 1:8
acts 1:15-26
Acts 2:38-39
Rom 15:16
1 Tim 3:1-2
1 Tim 4:14
Phil 1:1
James 5:14

God always establishes peace and order in His kingdom by obedience to the hierarchical authority of the fathers who care for our souls!

Jn 20:21
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Lk 22:29
29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 13:11
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

1 cor 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Matt 28:19 teach & sanctify all men unto eternal salvation.

Matt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians as opposed to spiritual anarchy!
Twenty plus years of spiritual anarchy was enough for me, so I left catholicism and became a Christian.

Actually, scripture says only the first apostles were sent. (John 17:18, 20:21)
And that to testify of Jesus' resurrection.
Apostles have the same authority as Christ Jn 20:21
They can also ordain and send apostles

Don't waste your time trying to convince me that Mary is anything but dead and waiting for the day of judgement, like the rest of the dead.
Our God is not the God of the dead!

God of the living!

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Jn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And Jesus is at the right hand (power) of the father on the great white throne not the throne of grace, only a king or queen can sit on a throne

Mary had Jesus.
She is dead now.

If you want to honor somebody, live life to the glory of God.
Scripture says give honor where honor is due! Rom 13:7

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Scripture says “cursed is the man who angers his mother” & “honor Thy father and mother”

Our spiritual mother Jn 19:26

What better to day to begin than on Mother’s Day!

Hail Mary! Full of grace!

Twenty plus years of spiritual anarchy was enough for me, so I left catholicism and became a Christian.
Impossible to reject Christ and still be a Christian!

To reject the church founded by Christ is to reject Christ!

To reject the faith revealed by Christ is to reject Christ!

All who reject Christ are in spiritual darkness & blindness!

The truth shall set us free!

The opposite is true, false doctrine shall keep us in bondage!

Dare I ask: how did you become a Christian?

Rather than violate the “golden rule”

Let us examine ourselves and see if our motive is the virtues of Jesus Christ, humility, meekness & charity
Matt 11:29 or the vices of the enemy, pride, presumption, and arrogance.

Motive
Humility or pride
Obedience or disobedience
Meek or arrogance
Submission to proper authority or protest
Receive instruction or presumption

Let us learn from the Example of Saul:

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

But in reality was a spiritual tyrant!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

And the thick black scales of spiritual blindness fall to the ground!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in a continuous state of rebellion!

A Christian on the other hand must practice daily the beautiful virtues of Jesus Christ!

Humility, meekness, and obedience!

Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered, let them that hate Him flee from before His face!

Behold Oh God our protector, and look upon the face of Thy Christ!

Precious blood of Jesus; save us!

Sweet heart of Mary be my salvation!

Blessed be God in His angels and on His saints!

Scripture says give honor where honor is due! Rom 13:7

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Scripture says “cursed is the man who angers his mother” & “honor Thy father and mother”

Our spiritual mother Jn 19:26

What better to day to begin than on Mother’s Day!

Hail Mary! Full of grace!
Plain idolatry...

Impossible to reject Christ and still be a Christian!
I agree, but there was no sign of Christ in my former "church".
To reject the church founded by Christ is to reject Christ!
I rejected a false "church".
To reject the faith revealed by Christ is to reject Christ!
I finally found out about faith, after I left the faithless.
All who reject Christ are in spiritual darkness & blindness!
Agreed.
Think about that every tine you have to go to confession again and again and...
The truth shall set us free!
It did, but that was after I left that which accommodated sin.
The opposite is true, false doctrine shall keep us in bondage!
That is right, but I saw no way out of bondage/sin at my former "church", so I left it.
Dare I ask: how did you become a Christian?
Through a long chain of events, (unjust job loss, home move, new job, car break down), I would up walking home from work one day and saw a man sitting on the stairs and reading a bible.
I mentioned to him that I was "starting to get into it too".
He invited me to a mid-week service his church held that night and offered to drive me there.
I accepted, and once there...with another invitee by someone else...we read and discussed life in Christ.
I heard, and read along with, one who read 1 Peter 3:21..."The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"
I wanted that "good conscience toward God" more that anything else !!!
And they took me out and baptized me that evening.
I received the gift of the Holy Ghost some weeks later, with the accompanying gift of tongues.
I was a real Christian, and free from sin !

I agree, but there was no sign of Christ in my former "church".

I rejected a false "church".

I finally found out about faith, after I left the faithless.

Agreed.
Think about that every tine you have to go to confession again and again and...

It did, but that was after I left that which accommodated sin.

That is right, but I saw no way out of bondage/sin at my former "church", so I left it.

Through a long chain of events, (unjust job loss, home move, new job, car break down), I would up walking home from work one day and saw a man sitting on the stairs and reading a bible.
I mentioned to him that I was "starting to get into it too".
He invited me to a mid-week service his church held that night and offered to drive me there.
I accepted, and once there...with another invitee by someone else...we read and discussed life in Christ.
I heard, and read along with, one who read 1 Peter 3:21..."The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"
I wanted that "good conscience toward God" more that anything else !!!
And they took me out and baptized me that evening.
I received the gift of the Holy Ghost some weeks later, with the accompanying gift of tongues.
I was a real Christian, and free from sin !
There is only one church the only ark of salvation Jn 10:16
And only be baptized once eph 4:5
Cos baptism gives an indelible character upon the soul “seal of the spirit” it cannot be repeated

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back