Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Scripture required?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
WOW!!! Is it the Holy Spirit or man that teaches us all truths. Even Paul had to oppose Peter who was in error, Galatians 2:11-21.
In a matter like f discipline any apostles may correct another apostle

What are you afraid of, it is Christ’s church, he is the king and head, with the guarantee of the Holy Spirit!

Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Christ appointed the apostles to govern the church and administer the kingdom

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of jurisdictional authority! Open and shut And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

And just who are these so called successors?

Acts 1:12-26 is all about Matthias being chosen to replace Judas, just as all who have been called of God to take the Gospel message to the world.

From that time forth God has called many to take the Gospel message out into the world as they have been called and anointed by the Holy Spirit to do this. No man apart from the Holy Spirit can be a successor of those who have died before them. The Apostles were the first as they had to be Spiritually born again from above and anointed by the Holy Spirit before they were sent out into the world as before when they were gathered in the upper room they had no Spiritual knowledge of what Jesus taught them before His death and resurrection, Luke 24:36-49.

It has nothing to do with Catholics or Protestants, but those who have been sent out into the world as God is not about a man's religion, nor does He recognize any organized religion. When the Apostles began their ministry they established many Churches being the body of Christ with He being the head of the body. God never established denominations or non-denominations as these are all man made religions.
Christ founded the church so enough about man’s religion

The authority that the successors of Moses had in Matt 23:1 was commanded to be obeyed, it was taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles and their successors and they must also be obeyed Matt 21;43 Matt 16:18-19
Jn 20:21-23 heb 13:7-17
Thanks

Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

What part of that verse do you not understand. It proves that Mary did not remain a virgin as these are half brothers and sisters to Jesus having the same mother, but a different father.
What tribe was Joses?

Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

What part of that verse do you not understand. It proves that Mary did not remain a virgin as these are half brothers and sisters to Jesus having the same mother, but a different father.
Are Abraham and lot brothers?
Or uncle & nephew?

In Hebrew culture any close relative can be called brother or sister, lot was called Abraham’s brother but was his nephew.

Gen 12:5 and Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son..

Gen 13:8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdsmen and thy herdsmen; for we are Brothers.

James is the son of zebedee, and the other James is the son of Alpheus not Joseph!
Matt 10:2-3

It is possible for these to be children of Joseph by a prior marriage as some think, or cousins which in Hebrew culture can be called siblings but it CANNOT be the children of Mary, Lk 1:34

Hi donadams

It doesn't.

God bless,
Ted
Huh?
Are we on the same planet?

Matt 3:2
And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matt 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:19
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Lk 22:29
And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

What do you mean "correspond to" ?
Faithfulness!

Members of Christ’s new covenant of grace by faith and baptism, united to the mediator and having union with God and His saints!

my grace is sufficient: 2 cor 12:9
Seek the kingdom: Matt 6:33
Abide in Christ / bear fruit Jn 15:4
Perpetual state of faith: Jn 3:16
Watch & Pray: Matt 26:41
Ask and receive: 7:8
Pray: Matt 6:6
Fasting: Matt 6:17
Alms: Matt 6:3
Practice of the virtues of Jesus Christ: Matt 11:29
Beatitudes: Matt 5:3-16
Christian suffering / Deny thyself, take up Thy cross: Matt 10:38 & 16:24 rom 8:18 2 thes 1:5
2 Tim 2:12 Phil 1:29
Frequenting the sacraments (promises) of grace: Heb 8:8
2 Timothy 1:1
Endure to the end: Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

Did she receive this grace you allude to at birth ?
If not, she had a whole life time lived under a Law that couldn't make people perfect.
No!

First instance of Her creation by the power of God! Lk 1:49

Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

None of those scriptures refer to anything but Jesus.
They don't refer to her entire life.
Your belief has led to much idolatry over the centuries since the early church.
That’s cos there is only Jesus!
How can a perpetual virgin lead to idolatry? Worshipping her as a goddess?
Don’t see any connection here

Biblical principles

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.

A son singular not a family:

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Only the God-man is born of a Virgin-mother

Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Mary conceived "without any detriment to her virginity, which remained inviolate even after his birth" (apostolic Council of the Lateran, 649) with the jurisdictional authority of Peter and the apostles in holy council! Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 bound on earth bound in heaven!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

And the Bible says Her child is holy! And Her child is God!

Is 7:14 God provides a sign, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son! (Singular, one son)

Ezekiel 44:2 “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut.”

Song of Solomon 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

(Mary had become the temple & dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament. Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone?)

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

(The Bible says only the Holy Ghost conceived in Mary)

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
(A son singular) (only Jesus is savior)

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!

Blessed art thou amongst all women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(The fruit of Her womb is blessed and holy)

Lk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
(A son, singular)

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
(This verse imply’s a vow of perpetual virginity, She refuses even the exalted dignity of mother of God and mother of our savior if it means violating Her vow of perpetual virginity)

It is possible for these to be children of Joseph by a prior marriage as some think, or cousins which in Hebrew culture can be called siblings but it CANNOT be the children of Mary, Lk 1:34
I'm done with all of this with you. No one can reason with you, even when they give you clear scripture, as you seem to know everything by that of what Catholic doctrine dictates to you so I will no longer waste my time discussing this with you. I said all I can say and time to move on as I have no more to give other than repeating myself.
You have a great evening.

Faithfulness!

Members of Christ’s new covenant of grace by faith and baptism, united to the mediator and having union with God and His saints!

my grace is sufficient: 2 cor 12:9
Seek the kingdom: Matt 6:33
Abide in Christ / bear fruit Jn 15:4
Perpetual state of faith: Jn 3:16
Watch & Pray: Matt 26:41
Ask and receive: 7:8
Pray: Matt 6:6
Fasting: Matt 6:17
Alms: Matt 6:3
Practice of the virtues of Jesus Christ: Matt 11:29
Beatitudes: Matt 5:3-16
Christian suffering / Deny thyself, take up Thy cross: Matt 10:38 & 16:24 rom 8:18 2 thes 1:5
2 Tim 2:12 Phil 1:29
Frequenting the sacraments (promises) of grace: Heb 8:8
2 Timothy 1:1
Endure to the end: Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13
When truly faithful, there is no need for confessionals !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back