Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Should a Christian go to war?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A rapist can justify his act. So can a murderer. Just because one can justify something doesn't make it right.
Everyone has their breaking point. We all have the potential to kill. Many kill with words and justify themselves.
Actuallly my emphasis is not ona third party. It is on husband and wife or parent(s) vs children. In times of problem should one strive to win?

Can you post it here? Thanks for the favor

Here's something else to take into consideration.

Romans 13
1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.

1 Peter 2
13 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme,
14 or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good.
15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men—
16 as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God.
17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.

Titus 3
3 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work,
2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.

"Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities."

"For this is the will of God."

If being in the military were a sin, God would be telling us to sin.

Think about it.
canstock0141760.jpg

That thought is madness and straight from satan. If life is so precious why would God not want us to defend it against such wickedness? Remember also a man has a Godly duty to protect his wife and family, if he doesnt he is wrong and in sin. It is written in 1 Timothy 5:8:
8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

I believe this covers also protecting them physically.

I think we were never created to kill one another. Scripture clearly states that God does not delight in the destruction of the wicked. Do we kill? Yes. Has God commanded others to kill? Yes. Its not as black and white as some have presented.

Is it right Russia starts a war?
How about ISIS? They believe they are justified.

Modern War is bad.. Because somebody bad always seems to be starting them. Its always some bodies fault, but never our own.

I dont understand the point you are trying to make

I see a difference between spiritual war and blood and guts war...

One war with fight with swords the other with THEE SWORD

Eph_6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Actuallly my emphasis is not ona third party. It is on husband and wife or parent(s) vs children. In times of problem should one strive to win?
as a wild child, my brother let my father beat him and didn't know why. I remember my brother yelling, "what did I do". When my Dad came at me, I hit back and gave him 2 black ryes and bloddied his nose. He's an Airborne Ranger who saw duty. Who's in the wrong?

As a parent, one should discipline a child in the way he should go. A parent should never be abusive to their child. a parent should be stern when needed while the child is still a child. So yes, you should parent to win... And that just might mean getting a swat on the behind.

As a parent, one should discipline a child in the way he should go. A parent should never be abusive to their child. a parent should be stern when needed while the child is still a child. So yes, you should parent to win... And that just might mean getting a swat on the behind.
Right on! Can you imagine a person thinking they need to be parenting to lose?

Oh. Really? If the gov says its war time I should also fight? If the gov encourages gay marriage what should I say?
I think you need to listen to your heart on this one. Do what is right within yourvown heart. Unity isn't uniformity and I love you brother.

Right on! Can you imagine a person thinking they need to be parenting to lose?
To our Brothers point, I'm sure my dad thought he was doing what he needed to do to win. To say what I just said sounds good, but how its lived out is where our failures in ideas or upbringing really comes out... And its not all good. Again, Saul killed Christians, and he thought he was justified.

I wouldnt go about creating problems hoping God would tell me what to do. However when temptation strikes I will do that God wants me to do. That is the point I was trying to make
That's still a pretty generic answer. Would there ever be a reason you would fight for your country?

You know that the thread topic kind of hides the real thing. Did God ask you to goto war? Is that it?

Or should a Christian or Christians on their own decide to go to war?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back