Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

should we have billionaires?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mandated solar or solar water heaters,imagine a storm ripping off then and no power .

Imagine the impact of large scale silica mining ,net meter,can't always produce power in the summer ,

Cant help,but use batteries in a house .
Solar power a huge thing here in Hawai'i. It is out of necessity. The electric rates are 3x what we paid in Texas. Solar power is reducing electric bills by an average of a third or more. If new builds were required to have them, so much more could be saved/produced. As long as there are options, the masses are going to choose the most convenient/cheapest way out without considering the long term effects. People are concerned with immediate needs in most cases due to very limited resources.

Solar power a huge thing here in Hawai'i. It is out of necessity. The electric rates are 3x what we paid in Texas. Solar power is reducing electric bills by an average of a third or more. If new builds were required to have them, so much more could be saved/produced. As long as there are options, the masses are going to choose the most convenient/cheapest way out without considering the long term effects. People are concerned with immediate needs in most cases due to very limited resources.
Its not ,trust me when a typhoon hits your met meter kills solar .seen it last year .then you,are on your generator if you,have one .

Read the article on how net metering was killed by the utility commission in Hawaii.excessive power that couldn't be used.

Keep in mind it has taken 4 tears for roof repairs after severe damage ,no,power that long ?I,have passed homes enough on,the old grid to report when they are using .I have reported thieves ,we arrest them.

Hawaii is expensive because only a limited amount can be produced and fuel is shipped to it .versus my state with a direct pipeline to Texas under the gulf

I agree partially with what you're saying, but to be truly objective and step back to take a look, we have to include those who place themselves above the rest. The elite consider themselves our leaders yet they do little to make a dent in the waste.
If each new house built were mandated to have solar panels/water heaters, that would take considerable load off of the electric grid. Cars were mandated to become safer through seatbelts/airbags through their manufacturing. This was a good thing for the most part. Houses can be mandated to become much more energy efficient/independent as well.
I can agree with this assuming the net gain outweighs the negatives.

I have a colleague at work that installed solar panels on their machine shop at their farm. They went online this past summer. We are in central MN and today I asked her how that has been working for them. She said during the summer it was great. They produced more energy than they needed to supply their home. However, now it isn't working at all because there is too much snow on the panels. They are looking at trying to make a broom with a long enough handle to sweep off the panels so the sun can melt it off but it isn't easy. The jury is still out on how long it will take to recoup the costs of the system installation in energy savings. Hopefully, it will pay for itself in a reasonable time period. They don't know yet what is in store with regard to maintenance either.

I can agree with this assuming the net gain outweighs the negatives.

I have a colleague at work that installed solar panels on their machine shop at their farm. They went online this past summer. We are in central MN and today I asked her how that has been working for them. She said during the summer it was great. They produced more energy than they needed to supply their home. However, now it isn't working at all because there is too much snow on the panels. They are looking at trying to make a broom with a long enough handle to sweep off the panels so the sun can melt it off but it isn't easy. The jury is still out on how long it will take to recoup the costs of the system installation in energy savings. Hopefully, it will pay for itself in a reasonable time period. They don't know yet what is in store with regard to maintenance either.
From what I've heard, solar technology has come a long way and is much more efficient and reliable(longer lasting). If we were to buy a house here in Hawai'i I will certainly invest in solar panels and solar water heater.

Hawaii is expensive because only a limited amount can be produced and fuel is shipped to it .versus my state with a direct pipeline to Texas under the gulf
I've heard Hawai'i would be on starvation rations within days without constant importation of massive amounts of food.

The only reason people are wealthy is because other people buy there products and services.

Last edited:
A billionaire who gives to charity would still be called greedy. It don't matter how much people have, others are always having a cry and use the most poor as an excuse to try justify it.

Last edited:
A billionaire who gives to charity would still be called greedy. It don't matter how much people have, others are always having a cry and use the most poor as an excuse to try justify it.
The 10 richest people in the US have as much wealth as the poorest 195 million people.

Is there really any justification for that level of income disparity?

The 10 richest people in the US have as much wealth as the poorest 195 million people.

Is there really any justification for that level of income disparity?
And the govt paying politicians who really don't own or even control isn't a concern ?voting is pointless unless the deep state and its power is stripped away.

Jobs and gasp pemsioms are creates by wealth and those that take risks,I'm not a fan of greed but giving power to the decision by beaucracy is shown to be a fiasco

The rich are fine as long as they earn it honestly. However, the rich demanding that the poor gear up the world's most expensive military to defend their global factories and supply routes is a bit over the top. If the rich want their global factories and supply routes defended they should pony up the taxes for it.

The rich are fine as long as they earn it honestly. However, the rich demanding that the poor gear up the world's most expensive military to defend their global factories and supply routes is a bit over the top. If the rich want their global factories and supply routes defended they should pony up the taxes for it.

What happens with taxes is the governments responsibility, not the rich.

What happens with taxes is the governments responsibility, not the rich.

Maybe in the rest of the world. In the USA only the elite make policy via lobbyists. Joe average can't get an appointment with his senator to discuss what should be done, but lobbyists can. Money talks. Campaigns in the USA are many times more expensive than in the rest of the world, and lobbyists are willing to fund them in return for access.

Maybe in the rest of the world. In the USA only the elite make policy via lobbyists. Joe average can't get an appointment with his senator to discuss what should be done, but lobbyists can. Money talks. Campaigns in the USA are many times more expensive than in the rest of the world, and lobbyists are willing to fund them in return for access.
So make it ilkegal to advertise,run for office cause its costs to run and people have yo be paid ,I,hate the game but yeah about donations. Good luck ,with implementing running at no costs .

So make it ilkegal to advertise,run for office cause its costs to run and people have yo be paid ,I,hate the game but yeah about donations. Good luck ,with implementing running at no costs .

Everywhere in the world has costs, but they are out of control in the USA. Allowing rich lobbyists to rule the roost more so than other places.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back