Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Shouldn’t we embrace Arminianism?

is not necessarily eternal security . its more of those who are truly saved will stay with it.. if they stray they will return, actually when it comes to someone else's salvation . we soon form a opinion on who is saved and who is not. but if we do it were ok
That's perseverance of the sAints ,same wording

Total Depravity could be accepted by Arminians, though not defined as the TULIP-sniffers do.

God's preveinent grace enables a person to choose Christ.

Man is not a robot, an automaton, doomed from the womb as Calvin would say

those who are saved will endure to the end
not same teaching as eternal security pos those truly saved will stick with it
Its is ,trust me I have heard the reformed pastors word it the same as those one pointers

I quote Adrian Rogers ,

Sometimes ,chikdren want to go one way that is harmful,and the parents drag them by arm to safety

Now Calvin ,our hearts are continually idolatrous and we always seek idols,God in his mysterious ways will bring men back to serving him,before death ,if not they were never truly saved

Really not different

Simplest description of Calvinism vs Arminianism
In Calvinism, it is determined from eternity past what will be the ultimate state of a person, with no regard for what they think, do or believe.

In Arminianism, man has a FREE WILL CHOICE even though born in sin.

Its is ,trust me I have heard the reformed pastors word it the same as those one pointers

I quote Adrian Rogers ,

Sometimes ,chikdren want to go one way that is harmful,and the parents drag them by arm to safety

Now Calvin ,our hearts are continually idolatrous and we always seek idols,God in his mysterious ways will bring men back to serving him,before death ,if not they were never truly saved

Really not different
to be honest of 2 teachings armn/ calv really its not that big issue .its all in how you live it . there is a security .but it never was made for a license to sin . we will sin and have sin i preach tech a know so salvation . many things i can not answer mainly as im not the judge of salvation

to be honest of 2 teachings armn/ calv really its not that big issue .its all in how you live it . there is a security .but it never was made for a license to sin . we will sin and have sin i preach tech a know so salvation . many things i can not answer mainly as im not the judge of salvation
I don't consider those that do teach it as ones who say its a license to sin,,only,that both one pointers and reformed are sayinh the same

I don't consider those that do teach it as ones who say its a license to sin,,only,that both one pointers and reformed are sayinh the same
lol it's all yours .. i have nothing else more to contribute.. but i leave this parting thought . they would say the same with your way of belief .i have studied this out for years .neither side can find a scripture that says Check mate

"Individuals are born, who are

doomed from the womb

To certain death"

Calvin, Institutes, Book 3, Chapter 23, Paragraph 6

Check and Checkmate

You don't need a Scripture, you need what Calvin himself wrote, . As he tried to regurgitate Augustine's Double Predestination from 1000 years before his time WHICH THE ANCIENT CHURCH HAD ALREADY REJECTED !!

The ancient church rejected both Pelagius as well as the double predestination of Augustine - deemed that neither was right

"Individuals are born, who are

doomed from the womb

To certain death"

Calvin, Institutes, Book 3, Chapter 23, Paragraph 6

Check and Checkmate
you playing by yourself we are appointed to die once then the judgment christians the bema seat of rewards lost white throne judgement eternal damnation . christians live again lost die again the 2nd death i am the resurrection Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, there is the real check mate---->Jesus

I,have not heard that idea taught in church .that concept of determinism implies wht even reach the lost .

Hypercalvinism ,not taught in my church or the ones I do know

In order to embrace Arminianism, you need to look at what it rejected - the double predestination of Augustine which the ancient church had already rejected.

I personally am sorry there ever had to be any such thing as Arminianism.

The Church had rightly rejected the extremes that both Pelagius and Augustine tried to put over.

Calvin vomited back up the double predestination of Augustine 1000 years later, his followers came along with all these speculations about "God's DECREES"

Supralapsarian, Infralapsarianism, etc. Arminius understood all the talk about the decrees, he spoke the language of it, he was able to refute the regurgitation of the doom from the womb horrors - the corona of Calvinism was gaining ground, it was Wesley in England that revived ARMINIAN thought - Wesley published The ARMINIAN Magazine...

Some early Methodists like Whitefield and Toplady were Calvinists

Things don't happen in a political vacuum, by the time Methodism spread to America, Coke and Asbury had to stand against Church of England and King George

Yes, Michelina, you should embrace Arminianism.

You won't see it discussed fairly on message-boards - they are full of TULIP-pukers like those hassling you.

Back