Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Shouldn’t we embrace Arminianism?

Does God already know your life before you were born ?
he does and he knows who wil be saved and who wont .i dont buy he predestines some to hell. we do that to our self. i am very much a free will person. i listened to jay vernon mcgee a calvinist .he said nobody understand predestination well enough

he does and he knows who wil be saved and who wont .i dont buy he predestines some to hell. we do that to our self. i am very much a free will person. i listened to jay vernon mcgee a calvinist .he said nobody understand predestination well enough
Calvinists sure think they understand it.
What's to understand?
Either God predestined everything or He didn't.

I'd start a thread on this but it'll turn into a calvinist type thread.

Some Arminism types make God so smAll that he must wait on your decision .this isn't something that is easily grasped .we think we know God and how he will raise up his church .

We don't .

Some Arminism types make God so smAll that he must wait on your decision .this isn't something that is easily grasped .we think we know God and how he will raise up his church .

We don't .
both you are missing the point reformed comes in all denoms not just baptist ,there are charismatic even catholics .paul wrote
Galatians 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
once again its not about us BUT HIM . i have told you it appears you are in the right Church .not so much doctrine. but they way the past and guessing the congregation stands . i am ordained gen baptist southern or missionary or independent would not recognize me . i could not preach/teach/ nor take communion. i am free will will stand by free will . in a forum carm i have fought calvinist tooth and toe nail. even got banned for few days. they simply only see it there way. just be grateful you being pentecostal .that God placed you in that Church .

sure we do BY HIS POWER. nothing else will work only the resurrection spirit
His power.how does he do,that ?

Food for thought ,do we know what tommorow brings ?what souls shall perish ,what souls will be saved,what gifts are needed in a church and who has them?

both you are missing the point reformed comes in all denoms not just baptist ,there are charismatic even catholics .paul wrote
Galatians 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
once again its not about us BUT HIM . i have told you it appears you are in the right Church .not so much doctrine. but they way the past and guessing the congregation stands . i am ordained gen baptist southern or missionary or independent would not recognize me . i could not preach/teach/ nor take communion. i am free will will stand by free will . in a forum carm i have fought calvinist tooth and toe nail. even got banned for few days. they simply only see it there way. just be grateful you being pentecostal .that God placed you in that Church .
The sbc,was reformed for years,as was a few others .I know that .few claim it today .mostly ,pca,pcua.

His power.how does he do,that ?

Food for thought ,do we know what tommorow brings ?what souls shall perish ,what souls will be saved,what gifts are needed in a church and who has them?
man fr years has been trying to explain his power
9 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; .. you explain it all i know is it works

has great potential if they will leave the politics alone or should i say out . the name dont bother me other than j.w or latter day saints the lds puzzle me they talk about jesus but cling to smith and works even death baptism. one can stand in for someone who died be baptized .they go to heaven much like purgatory

man fr years has been trying to explain his power
9 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; .. you explain it all i know is it works
That's stating he does,not how he works it out

They openly state it,and by here since I live in a small county ,its the facts,only one church i know of doesn't teach eternal security.here is the county of indian river .

Everybody knows everybody

jasonc,

I consider the Scriptures teach, 'But the one who endures to the end will be saved' (Matt 24:14 ESV). This is the doctrine of the Perseverance of the Saints. By eternal security do you mean Perseverance of the Saints?

Oz

then you explain it ...... Paul knew the power did he fully understand it fully doubtful . did he know it works
? you bet he did he was connected to the power source the true vine
God only knows ,have you had God lead you,men to inform them of Jesus and foreknoe they would repent ?

I have.

Buts its quite rare that it has happened

jasonc,

I consider the Scriptures teach, 'But the one who endures to the end will be saved' (Matt 24:14 ESV). This is the doctrine of the Perseverance of the Saints. By eternal security do you mean Perseverance of the Saints?

Oz
Yes ,I,grew up in,a church that taught verse means you hang on,you seek,knock .

Can't fall away from something you didn't have .

If you knew one would waste your time or energy ,would you still,bother ?
And no I don't believe god plans one people or makes them destined ti damnatuin.

I quote my pastor after teaching on Joshua .he quoted God desires all men to repent,and takes no joy in judging them .he mentioned the 400 years of waiting for the amorites to repent and telling Abraham ,his seed will not enter the land until the cup of wrath be full.

Nor does he believe we are zombies .

And no I don't believe god plans one people or makes them destined ti damnatuin.

I quote my pastor after teaching on Joshua .he quoted God desires all men to repent,and takes no joy in judging them .he mentioned the 400 years of waiting for the amorites to repent and telling Abraham ,his seed will not enter the land until the cup of wrath be full.

Nor does he believe we are zombies .
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. big majority calvinist cringe at this at redefine "to us-ward,"

Toward us. the us being the elect not everyone

Back