Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Shouldn’t we embrace Arminianism?

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. big majority calvinist cringe at this at redefine "to us-ward,"

Toward us. the us being the elect not everyone
I may ask,my,pastor to do a video on,these things .

both you are missing the point reformed comes in all denoms not just baptist ,there are charismatic even catholics .paul wrote
Galatians 3:28-29
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
once again its not about us BUT HIM . i have told you it appears you are in the right Church .not so much doctrine. but they way the past and guessing the congregation stands . i am ordained gen baptist southern or missionary or independent would not recognize me . i could not preach/teach/ nor take communion. i am free will will stand by free will . in a forum carm i have fought calvinist tooth and toe nail. even got banned for few days. they simply only see it there way. just be grateful you being pentecostal .that God placed you in that Church .
Jerry,,,,
The Catholic Church does not believe in Calvinism in any form.

What, in the Catholic Church, do you think is calvinist?

And no I don't believe god plans one people or makes them destined ti damnatuin.

I quote my pastor after teaching on Joshua .he quoted God desires all men to repent,and takes no joy in judging them .he mentioned the 400 years of waiting for the amorites to repent and telling Abraham ,his seed will not enter the land until the cup of wrath be full.

Nor does he believe we are zombies .
How could you possibly say the above?

In post no. 143, you stated:

Some Arminism types make God so smAll that he must wait on your decision .

In your above statement you're saying that God is a small God if He has to wait for OUR DECISION on whether or not to be saved.

Then you state that God does not plan for anyone to be destined for damnation.

Don't you see the conflict in the two statements?
Either God waits for our decision...
OR
HE damns to hell by His choice.

Jerry,,,,
The Catholic Church does not believe in Calvinism in any form.

What, in the Catholic Church, do you think is calvinist?
there are catholics that are reformed they come in all denoms .i have done the research and have found them. NO im not going to look it up again. you seem pretty comfortable with the catholic church. should we weigh in on that? the Body of Christ has many members .there are some Church of Christ some apostolics and some reformed who reject this and even some catholics

there are catholics that are reformed they come in all denoms .i have done the research and have found them. NO im not going to look it up again. you seem pretty comfortable with the catholic church. should we weigh in on that? the Body of Christ has many members .there are some Church of Christ some apostolics and some reformed who reject this and even some catholics

She attends a Catholic Church because that is all they have in her area.

She lives in Italy.

JLB

She attends a Catholic Church because that is all they have in her area.

She lives in Italy.

JLB
thats fine but she gives jason flack for attending a calvinist Church . my whole point is the church name doesnt matter as long as its jesus way truth life saved by grace through faith born again justified ,the blood atonement i dont agree with calvinism but i still consider them part of the Body of Christ

Predestination to damnation zaps the motivation to evangelise.
That's odd,because my church does it .

The hyper Calvinist one doesn't and its the oldest church still here.

This is why I say you need to listen to them.d.jAmes Kennedy .

Heard of him?built up a church from 40 to adding a seminary before he passed.big on evangalazation yet a Calvinist

I don't agree with all doctrine of the Catholic Church and I left that church many years ago. About 35.

Now I attend that church (when I attend) and I also know the doctrine and dogma. I still do not agree with all doctrine and am Protestant in theology. The priests I know are aware of this and have no problem with this.

So yes, I'm comfortable with the Catholic Church. And I don't know what you mean by weighing in on that.

I can tell you FOR SURE that the Catholic church does NOT agree with Calvinism.
I dislike hearing incorrect information about the Catholic church and will speak up when I do...

And I dislike hearing incorrect information about Protestant doctrine and will speak up when I do.

You're stating something about the CC that is not correct and unless you care to discuss this and explain better,,,I think you should stop saying that the CC has calvinistic ideas.

P.S. As JLB has stated,,,there are plenty of JW Kingdom Halls around here....
and one "christian" church that believes we could be saved after death, and which I believe to be a cult, so I attend a Catholic church .... but not too often to be honest and the priest there knows why - he happens to be a friend.

psst i never said the cc had calv ideas... i SAID there was SOME just like there are SOME charismatic calv note..some NOT ALL big difference
There are NOT SOME,,,there are NONE.

Again....unless you can tell me which calvinistic ideas the CC has and show some support....
you'll have to stop making the above type statements.

Thanks.

Back