Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sinful awful people by the WORLD's standard. Where do you fit?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I edited my above post to explain what Hitler seem to have gotten his motives from.
In his book, from what I've read so far, he doesn't appear to get any of it from anything in the Bible. He talks about his past experiences and things that shaped his opinions, and he actually mentions very little regarding religion.

I edited my above post to explain what Hitler seem to have gotten his motives from.
In his book, from what I've read so far, he doesn't appear to get any of it from anything in the Bible. He talks about his past experiences and things that shaped his opinions, and he actually mentions very little regarding religion.

I understand. I just sometimes get bothered when the Hit man gets singled out as this genocidal mad man but the Deluge is given a free pass.

In Mein Kampf, doesn't Hitler say-

"Therefore, I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work."
really? do you have to troll that one here. :nono2

so anyone who claims christ is a christian? before you go off into that scottsmans fallacy here. i have seen athiests claim a religion namely buddha. hmm karma implies a diety or an intellegence that cares. though not very personal about it.

hitler was about as christian as satan is.

really? do you have to troll that one here. :nono2

so anyone who claims christ is a christian? before you go off into that scottsmans fallacy here. i have seen athiests claim a religion namely buddha. hmm karma implies a diety or an intellegence that cares. though not very personal about it.

hitler was about as christian as satan is.

At what point does a person become evil enough that you reject their status as a Christian?

At what point does a person become evil enough that you reject their status as a Christian?
murder without remorse. rape without remorse. commit any sin without remorse.while all these are forgivable. but come on a christian meglomaniac:eeeekkk??:eeeekkk:eeeekkk:eeeekkk:eeeekkk:eeeekkk

yeah we are to be humble and lowly and to love christ. be like he was. meglomania is the opposite of that.

murder without remorse. rape without remorse. commit any sin without remorse.while all these are forgivable. but come on a christian meglomaniac:eeeekkk??:eeeekkk:eeeekkk:eeeekkk:eeeekkk:eeeekkk

yeah we are to be humble and lowly and to love christ. be like he was. meglomania is the opposite of that.

So many things to say on the subject of the Catholic Church right now.

And what is more meglomaniacal than "love me or burn in hell"?

So many things to say on the subject of the Catholic Church right now.

well gee lets see here, your worldview cant even discern what is wrong if theres nothing greater then men that says it is. have a nice day.

if we survive that is all that matters to the toe.and even that natural selection is impersonal. we live or die it dont matter. all is vanity.

well gee lets see here, your worldview cant even discern what is wrong if theres nothing greater then men that says it is. have a nice day.

if we survive that is all that matters to the toe.and even that natural selection is impersonal. we live or die it dont matter. all is vanity.

What about countries like Japan. One of the most secular countries in the world with some of the, if not the, lowest rape rates, extremely low crime rate.

Now compare that to the US.

And we DO have things greater than Men to guide our lives. Laws. Social contracts. The ability to empathize so that most people understand that we shouldn't do something to another person that we ourselves would not tolerate.

I personally don't refrain from killing, raping, stealing etc because of the guiding principles of any religion. I don't do these things because I like my life, realize these things would jeopordise that. I also empathize with even the smallest creature so generally try not to kill even mosquitos because I wouldn't like it if someone came along and squashed me. I respect the rights of others.

And how many times have I heard a Christian tell me that if they found out there was no God that they would most likely go out and kill, rape, steal etc because then nothing would matter. If you want some examples of those kind of world-views, watch the Atheist Experience and listen to some of the callers expounding the same opinion. It's shocking and I dare say unChristian.

Now THAT is a skewed world-view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love truth, justice, and mercy, or be incarcerated in the torments of hell.

Even we humans do this. Follow our laws, and love doing right, or be shut away from the rest of us so you can't do anymore injury.

It seems that it's okay for us humans to deal harshly with law breakers who do not desire what is right, but it's not okay for God to do that.

And how many times have I heard a Christian tell me that if they found out there was no God that they would most likely go out and kill, rape, steal etc because then nothing would matter.
Maybe what they really mean is, if there were no God they'd end up going back to serving their natural inclinations again. They'd end up back in the slavery of self preservation with nothing to rely on but themselves.

And we DO have things greater than Men to guide our lives. Laws. Social contracts. The ability to empathize so that most people understand that we shouldn't do something to another person that we ourselves would not tolerate.

Laws are made and enforced by men that happen to be in a position of power, though. And there are bad laws.
And things that are perceived as acceptable tend to vary from culture to culture. (Though the basics such as "do not kill" do tend to be present.) Such as how in some countries it is considered acceptable for a man to beat his wife.

Love truth, justice, and mercy, or be incarcerated in the torments of hell.

Even we humans do this. Follow our laws, and love doing right, or be shut away from the rest of us so you can't do anymore injury.

It seems that it's okay for us humans to deal harshly with law breakers who do not desire what is right, but it's not okay for God to do that.

But it's not just be a good person and avoid hell. You could be the kindest, most law abiding person on Earth but if you sImply say "I don't think that God person exists" then you burn.

Yeah, that's not at all meglomaniacal.

If the God of the Judeo-Christian faith does exist i'd tell him to chillax. As long as their doing good, let them go to heaven. You can always have a bbq in heaven later and introduce yourself to them over a beer and a hotdog.

People say "i'm doing God's work". That's not even his name. Do people who say "i'm doing Yaweh's work" get preferential treatment since he's so much about doing things in his name?

But it's not just be a good person and avoid hell. You could be the kindest, most law abiding person on Earth but if you sImply say "I don't think that God person exists" then you burn.
Well, no.
The reason is that even the best of us do something wrong and will do so because we are human. Even if it is something small, like a "little white lie". The point is none of us are good enough to get into heaven.

Babies don't know enough to believe in God, and I believe that when they die they go to heaven. Because they are too young to know what sin is.

Heck, even believing in God isn't good enough to get you into heaven. Satan believes in God, knows He exists in fact, and is damned for eternity. What gets you into heaven is believing in God and Jesus, and accepting His gift of salvation.
There is a verse saying exactly the same point that I am mentioning here, but I don't remember what it was.

So, 99% of the Japanese population will go to hell purely because of geographical reasons?

So, 99% of the Japanese population will go to hell purely because of geographical reasons?

It is not a laughing matter but I found your statment kind of funny. I found this scripture....I see you are not Christian and I am not preaching to you but there is One God. I don't expect you to believe and I am not trying to convert you. But had to share it.

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Eph 4:6 (KJV)
<!--EndFragment-->
The Creator, Preserver, and Benefactor of all things, who overrules in, through the universe, and dwells and works in every obedient heart "both to will and to work, for his good pleasure." (Phil. 2:13.) This perfect and complete unity in the creation, preservation, and direction of the universe and of all the loyal and true subjects of God is given as the strong and irresistible appeal for unity among the children of God, in his body, guided by his Spirit, It is not a plea for denominational union. There were no denominations in the days of Paul. It is an earnest plea for unity and oneness in the congregation of believers in Christ in a given locality in doing the work of God on earth. It is a grievous sin against God for men to destroy the unity of the body of Christ by personal ambition and strife and bickering—Gospel Advocate Commentaries<!--EndFragment-->

First off, even the kindest, most law abiding person on earth is still, by nature, condemned as a sinner. Secondly, not believing there is a God will invariably manifest itself in wrong doing. The wrong doing then being that which condemns a person.

If the God of the Judeo-Christian faith does exist i'd tell him to chillax. As long as their doing good, let them go to heaven.
If only it were just about doing good, or doing your best. The problem lies in the fact that humans are by nature not righteous. It's in our nature to do wrong. That is why we can not dwell in heaven. We are unholy and unrighteous. We don't belong there. That's why one must be 'born anew', or 'from above' by the Spirit of God to enter into the kingdom.

People say "i'm doing God's work". That's not even his name. Do people who say "i'm doing Yaweh's work" get preferential treatment since he's so much about doing things in his name?
Not in regard to salvation because salvation is not on the merit of doing good things, or doing good in God's name. Salvation is an amnesty program for all those who can honestly admit that, by nature, they are enslaved to wrong doing and are utterly guilty and without hope before God. They are the one's God extends the invitation to be freely pardoned of their guilt and accepted by God. Obviously, those who can't, or won't, do that, can't come home without threat of prosecution for their misdeeds.

I admit I don't know the context of this rebuttal, but if I'm guessing correctly what that context is I will say Paul tells us God makes provision for those who are isolated from the knowledge of the gospel. They will be judged according to their own standard of right/ wrong.

Sound silly? Not really. I was amazed at how many unbelievers don't even follow their own standard and opinion of what is right and wrong.

Well, Japan is about as non secular as they come. Does that mean practically every Japanese person who has ever lived and living today is hell bound?
About as hell-bound as any of us humans are on our own.
Again, the issue is sin. None of us are sinless, and thus we are all condemned. Unless and until we receive Jesus' gift of salvation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back