Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Slain in the Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
faithtransforms said:
jasoncran said:
faithtransforms said:
I would also have to say there are a number of things the scripture is silent on, yet we accept them as truth. Masterbation for instance. Some may not believe it is a sin. I personally do. Sexual activity was created for pleasure and to create an even deeper bond between man and woman, and of course for procreation.

I would venture to say that most Christians believe it is a sin, yet scripture is silent on it.
wrong thread, this the slain in the spirit thread.

I know, I was just trying to address something that was said in this scripture in regard to scripture being silent on things. I'm not trying to start a conversation about masterbation, I'm just saying there ARE things that are not addressed in scripture that most of us maintain to be true.

People only think that scripture is silent about certain matters. But this is not true. I could make a case for whatever a person thinks the Word is silent on certain matters. The truth is, the Word is never silent.

Does the word talk about space ships ? No, But the Word does tells us that the earth is for our habitation. So why do we seek another planet to go and live on by way of space ships ?

My point is this ---- People are always trying to find God outside of scripture. The tower of babel is a great example of this. Now someone who is ignorant of the scriptures might say that the tower of babel is in the scriptures. Agreed, but if you think about what i am saying, God never intended for man to build a tower to go into the heavens. If the Word of God was written within our modern day, then space ships would be written within scripture. Do you see my point ?

The reason being slain in the Spirit is not in scripture, is because it is a modern day theory. Just like the tower of babel, being slain in the Spirit is very similar. In that modern day man is trying to find just another way or avenue to find God.

So our modern day bible should read this way --- Oh foolish (saints) , who has bewtixed you into believing in this modern day misunderstanding. God is in you doing his good will and pleasure. Do you need some kind of a sign from God ? What profiteth you to be slain in the Spirit ? God is not a God of confusion. < Now all I have to do is give this comment a book name , chapter and verse. :rolling

Seriously people, the reason being, that slain in the Spirit is not within scripture, is because it is not of the one true God. Your 2010 bible should tell you this , and then there should be no doubt whatsoever . The tower of babel and being slain in the spirit , neither are of the one true God ! :shame

Mysteryman said:
People only think that scripture is silent about certain matters. But this is not true. I could make a case for whatever a person thinks the Word is silent on certain matters. The truth is, the Word is never silent.

Does the word talk about space ships ? No, But the Word does tells us that the earth is for our habitation. So why do we seek another planet to go and live on by way of space ships ?

My point is this ---- People are always trying to find God outside of scripture. The tower of babel is a great example of this. Now someone who is ignorant of the scriptures might say that the tower of babel is in the scriptures. Agreed, but if you think about what i am saying, God never intended for man to build a tower to go into the heavens. If the Word of God was written within our modern day, then space ships would be written within scripture. Do you see my point ?

The reason being slain in the Spirit is not in scripture, is because it is a modern day theory. Just like the tower of babel, being slain in the Spirit is very similar. In that modern day man is trying to find just another way or avenue to find God.

So our modern day bible should read this way --- Oh foolish (saints) , who has bewtixed you into believing in this modern day misunderstanding. God is in you doing his good will and pleasure. Do you need some kind of a sign from God ? What profiteth you to be slain in the Spirit ? God is not a God of confusion. < Now all I have to do is give this comment a book name , chapter and verse. :rolling

Seriously people, the reason being, that slain in the Spirit is not within scripture, is because it is not of the one true God. Your 2010 bible should tell you this , and then there should be no doubt whatsoever . The tower of babel and being slain in the spirit , neither are of the one true God ! :shame

I can see you point, kind of. But the fact of the matter is, the scripture IS silent on space ships and the scripture IS silent on masterbation, and other things. I agree there is no point in looking for space ships (although what you said about the earth being our dwelling place isn't why...knowing if there were aliens intending to attack the planet, that would be a good reason to know. For the record, I haven't decided if there could be intelligent life somewhere else in the universe, but I don't really think about it because its not all that important to me.), But the fact is the scripture IS silent on some things and we as Christians are forced to take a position on them (at least where it comes to matters of morality). So we have to use our best judgment based on the scripture as a whole to decide what position to take on these matters.

Mysteryman,

I understand you could make a case on a matter where scripture appears to be silent. I would guess that this would be by putting together different scriptures and inferring things from the combination of those scirptures. I don't doubt that is possible at all. We all do that. But I am really curious whether you could really make a case against ALL things scripture is silent on.

I would like you to do that for me in the case of masturbation (which may be an easy one for you, I don't know). If you don't feel it's appropriate on this thread, please send me a pm if you would.

Thanks!

faithtransforms said:
Mysteryman,

I understand you could make a case on a matter where scripture appears to be silent. I would guess that this would be by putting together different scriptures and inferring things from the combination of those scirptures. I don't doubt that is possible at all. We all do that. But I am really curious whether you could really make a case against ALL things scripture is silent on.

I would like you to do that for me in the case of masturbation (which may be an easy one for you, I don't know). If you don't feel it's appropriate on this thread, please send me a pm if you would.

Thanks!
in another topic and maybe even one on one. (debate)

MM said:
The Bible does tell us to "fulfill the earth and subdue it" but it is error to then conclude that we are meant only for the earth.

MM said:
No, there would be no mention of spaceships if the Bible were written today. And you've missed the bigger picture.

MM said:
Seriously people, the reason being, that slain in the Spirit is not within scripture, is because it is not of the one true God.
And, again, that is a baseless assumption.

Free said:
MM said:
The Bible does tell us to "fulfill the earth and subdue it" but it is error to then conclude that we are meant only for the earth.

MM said:
No, there would be no mention of spaceships if the Bible were written today. And you've missed the bigger picture.

MM said:
Seriously people, the reason being, that slain in the Spirit is not within scripture, is because it is not of the one true God.
And, again, that is a baseless assumption.

Baseless, based upon what ? < :biglol

they way testimonies are given in chruch is exactly in scripture, nor is the sunday school thing.or bible colleges.

I have never really liked the term "slain in the Spirit"...what most people discribe in there experiences is what they call the manifest glory of God. So if we changed "slain in the Spirit" to "manifest glory of God"..could we find in scripture where the manifest glory of God was experienced?

I have heard that people like Benny Hinn does this crap, yet people are dying behind the stage.

awaken said:
I have never really liked the term "slain in the Spirit"...what most people discribe in there experiences is what they call the manifest glory of God. So if we changed "slain in the Spirit" to "manifest glory of God"..could we find in scripture where the manifest glory of God was experienced?

Hi

Nope. Not according to the actual actions of such ministers who perform such evil deeds.

awaken said:
1 Kings 8:10-10, 10 And when the priests came out of the Holy Place, a cloud filled the house of the LORD, 11 so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.(ESV)

Free said:
awaken said:
1 Kings 8:10-10, 10 And when the priests came out of the Holy Place, a cloud filled the house of the LORD, 11 so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.(ESV)

Hi Free

You are using this scripture to imply that what awaken is talking about, can be attained. The idea of being slain in the spirit derives from someone who ministers. The scripture you brought forth here, is saying that the priests could not stand to minister.

In otherwords, your scripture and the topic at hand, is like trying to mix water and oil together.

Being slain in the spirit has to do with devilish ministering. And your scripture has to do with the inability to minister.

And on top of that, we now are the temple of God, which is holy. We have the glory of God within us.

Mysteryman said:
Free said:
awaken said:

Hi Free

You are using this scripture to imply that what awaken is talking about, can be attained. The idea of being slain in the spirit derives from someone who ministers. The scripture you brought forth here, is saying that the priests could not stand to minister.

In otherwords, your scripture and the topic at hand, is like trying to mix water and oil together.

Being slain in the spirit has to do with devilish ministering. And your scripture has to do with the inability to minister.

And on top of that, we now are the temple of God, which is holy. We have the glory of God within us.

So are you saying that the glory of God does not manifest today, like it did in the Old Testament when His people come together?

1 Kings 8:10-10, 10 And when the priests came out of the Holy Place, a cloud filled the house of the LORD, 11 so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD.(ESV)[/quote]

Hi Free

And on top of that, we now are the temple of God, which is holy. We have the glory of God within us.[/quote]

So are you saying that the glory of God does not manifest today, like it did in the Old Testament when His people come together?[/quote]

Hi awaken :

In the OT , they did not have the glory of God like we as Christians do today. We are the glory of God. And we do not need to see some side show in order for someone to be entertained or deceived, or worse yet, become possessed.

Remember the veil has been torn from top to bottom. We now can enter into the holy of holies in the presence of the glory of God , because the Spirit of God is in us. This was all made possible by God through his Son , who is now the High Priest for evermore.

People seek after a sign from God. And they seem to go to any length to see a sign. And because God is not going to give us a sign, babes seek after one anyways. So who do you think will be more than willing to provide a sign for the babes ? You get two guesses, and you second guess does not count . :)

Matt. 12:39 - "An evil generation seeketh after a sign"

The Apostles did many signs and wonders, but not unto those who sought after a sign. But unto those who believed.

A sign is for an unbeliever. Just as speaking in tongues is a sign for one who does not believe.

II Thess. 2:9 12 should be a warning to those who believe. Take heed of the warning !

Love IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:
Hi awaken :

In the OT , they did not have the glory of God like we as Christians do today. We are the glory of God. And we do not need to see some side show in order for someone to be entertained or deceived, or worse yet, become possessed.

Remember the veil has been torn from top to bottom. We now can enter into the holy of holies in the presence of the glory of God , because the Spirit of God is in us. This was all made possible by God through his Son , who is now the High Priest for evermore.

People seek after a sign from God. And they seem to go to any length to see a sign. And because God is not going to give us a sign, babes seek after one anyways. So who do you think will be more than willing to provide a sign for the babes ? You get two guesses, and you second guess does not count . :)

The Apostles did many signs and wonders, but not unto those who sought after a sign. But unto those who believed.

A sign is for an unbeliever. Just as speaking in tongues is a sign for one who does not believe.

II Thess. 2:9 12 should be a warning to those who believe. Take heed of the warning !

Love IN Christ - MM

I understand and believe what you are saying. But in trying to understand what "slain in the spirit" ( which I do not like that phrase) ...in my study of the manifest glory of God..there are a lot of question!

I understand that in the OT God dwelt in the tabernacle and the temple..and now he dwells in us. But is there a presence that is manifested as the believers get to gether? I am not seeking a sign..I have never expierence this...just trying to understand it in light of scripture. These are some ways that he manifest himself to his people..are any of these happening today? Or are you saying what people today are experiencing...is not of God but of the devil?

God Visits His people in the Bible.
(Exodus 33:9-10; 16:10;40:34-35) Pillar of cloud.
(2 Chronicles 5:13-14) In the temple as a cloud.
( Exodus 3:2, 4-5; 2 Chronicles 7:1-2; Acts 2:1, 3-4) as fire.
Light ( Acts 9:3-5; Mark 9:2-4; Revelation 1:12-13, 16)
Sound ( Exodus 19:16-17; Matthew 3:16,17; Acts 2:1-2)

awaken said:
Mysteryman said:
Hi awaken :

Love IN Christ - MM

I understand and believe what you are saying. But in trying to understand what "slain in the spirit" ( which I do not like that phrase) ...in my study of the manifest glory of God..there are a lot of question!

I understand that in the OT God dwelt in the tabernacle and the temple..and now he dwells in us. But is there a presence that is manifested as the believers get to gether? I am not seeking a sign..I have never expierence this...just trying to understand it in light of scripture. These are some ways that he manifest himself to his people..are any of these happening today? Or are you saying what people today are experiencing...is not of God but of the devil?

God Visits His people in the Bible.
(Exodus 33:9-10; 16:10;40:34-35) Pillar of cloud.
(2 Chronicles 5:13-14) In the temple as a cloud.
( Exodus 3:2, 4-5; 2 Chronicles 7:1-2; Acts 2:1, 3-4) as fire.
Light ( Acts 9:3-5; Mark 9:2-4; Revelation 1:12-13, 16)
Sound ( Exodus 19:16-17; Matthew 3:16,17; Acts 2:1-2)

Hi awaken

All the things and events in the OT were a sign of things to come. Some are prophesies,and some were examples.

What is happening in our churches today, i am sad to say, is not of God, but of the adversary (devil) of God.

Talk to a catholic and they believe that the wine turns into real blood .

Talk to another group, and they do a communion service < so called. Which btw is not even biblical !

Talk to another group, and they do water baptism. Which is water cleansing, which Jesus Christ has already fulfilled the law of water cleansing.

Talk to another group, and they tell you that speaking in tongues has ceased. Which it has not !

Talk to another group, and they will tell you, that it is alright for all those who speak in tongues to just do it in a confused mannner. Which it is not suppose to be that way.

Talk to another group, and they want to experience something spiritual, so they pray that you will fall down. Again, this is spiritual alright, but devilish, to say the least .

Talk to another group , and they will put you back under the law of the tithe. Which they shouldn't do !

I could go on and on here. But who is listening ? I know only a few will, and only those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

As Christians, we are to be an example unto the world. The first thing that comes to my mind, is peace, and love, and we who are of our sound minds, setting the example for others to follow.

If you need to PM me about any of this, please feel free to do so.

Love IN Christ - MM

Mysteryman said:
Free said:
awaken said:

And you continue with your unsupported assumptions. Awaken asked for a Scripture "where the manifest glory of God was experienced" so I gave one. Nothing more.

Mysteryman,

Minister don't pray that you'll fall down. They touch you in response to a prayer request and sometimes the anointing is so strong it knocks you off your feet. The power of God is on you and you lay there and bask in it for a while.

I used to be in the occult. I communicated with "angels" that I now know are demons. When I got radically saved God showed me what they were and revealed to me the darkness. I now have the gift of discerning of spirits, I do not "see" them as demons, but I can "see" spirits on a person, it is a different type of seeing than with your physical eyes. Well, I not only see darkness, I feel it too (I'm an empath, a blessing and curse, lol). I have felt both the presence of God and the presence of demons from practical experience. When I have been "slain in the Spirit", a term I don't particularly like either, I KNOW its the presence of God. How do I know? Because I have been intimate with both the spirits of darkness and with the Light of this World.

And believe me, THE DIFFERENCE COULD NOT BE MORE MORE OBVIOUS!!!

being slain in the spirit doesnt have that coldness of death like the demons carry with them and arround them.

that is a cold you will never forget!

empathy is blessing and curse. i hate when i must be called into allowed the pain and suffering side of that and pray for that person, it blesses them but i must often feel their hurt so that i can know what to pray.

faithtransforms said:
Mysteryman,

Minister don't pray that you'll fall down. They touch you in response to a prayer request and sometimes the anointing is so strong it knocks you off your feet. The power of God is on you and you lay there and bask in it for a while.
This brings up another question..so by laying on of hands..can there be an impartation of what you have?
Is there scripture to back this up?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back