Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study So, Is Science Wrong On This?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God made out the garden on herbivores,woykf you,in,heavrn kill,anf eat y our cow

You still have yet to tell me what this has to do with anything. :\

Ok...
The creation account tells us a lot of things in a very small amount of words.
Now people have taken the word "Day" and made it to be very literal... even though the Hebrew and context of the poetry of this section doesn't support that.

It wasn't 7, 24 hour periods of time. It couldn't be. "There was evening, there was morning, the _______ day."

Now evening followed up by morning frames what we usually call "night time". In Hebrew literature and especially poetry this means that how it was done was hidden. It isn't known...and won't be unless God tells us.

A day, a year, an epoch are all the same to God. God made time and exists inside of time...if He wishes to. The Sun and moon was made on the fourth day...but dry land was made on the second day?
Obviously there are other lessons to be had other than "How to build a solar system" and since there isn't a YouTube of it all it won't make sense.

Now on day one... God made the Light...He wasn't creating photons here. (Stuff that light is made of) He was busy planning and creating the message He wanted to tell us and Man's redemption for sin. AKA Jesus.
Not even a pebble is formed, not even a drop of water is in existence but God is planning our redemption.

John says so in the first chapter of his Gospel account. That means that a flat reading of this poetry is not going to work whatsoever.

Dinosaurs could have existed easily before or during early man. We don't really know when. Carbon dating is not exactly the most accurate thing... despite the claims.

Then came the flood.
It had a drastic change in climate and topography on the Earth. Pangea was no more.

We don't know because if the literal information was more known it became lost after the languages got confused at Babylon.

So are you saying that the creation of the world might not have meant a literal seven days? That makes sense, but just curious on why science says that men and dinosaurs didn't coexist together in the first place.

Talkiny to a guy who has learned a sister toungue called pashto,Persian .

Note date ,my conservative Jewish tanakh says the days are literal.

Thats book,is thrice as thick with commentary on as any,christain bible .

The commentary on genesis by rambam is eveb thicker ,

Both ,all three see it literal .
Oh I'm aware...but then again they have theologies to promote.
I don't.

What I am promoting is that God isn't explaining how to build a solar system and that literal 24 hour days should not be thought of when reading the account. I'm not saying that it isn't possible...but that is not the focus of the literature.

Not that every thing is a euphemism. God created it...He did it. We didn't come about by a cosmic oddity. That God wrote the natural laws of science.

Oh I'm aware...but then again they have theologies to promote.
I don't.

What I am promoting is that God isn't explaining how to build a solar system and that literal 24 hour days should not be thought of when reading the account. I'm not saying that it isn't possible...but that is not the focus of the literature.

Not that every thing is a euphemism. God created it...He did it. We didn't come about by a cosmic oddity. That God wrote the natural laws of science.
I'm,aware that's a not meant to be a full,narrative .Hebrew thought ,view points come easy to me .

Try the kaballah on the letters .rambam is a 12th century rabbi,chabad is a chassidic movement out of is real .my,tanakh dates to 1949.

Try asking the Hebrew scholars and professors of Hebrew how genesis was written.
They will tell you that the language used in genesis is meant to conceive the idea of a six day creation.
They may not believe it, but that is what the authors of genesis were trying to say.

That then leads to the question why does science want millions of years?

There is a subsequent question why do so many Christians believe atheists but not the Bible?

Creation.com has articles on the Hebrew in genesis and on taking Moses out of geology.

I have my own question.
Jesus backed the idea that genesis is accurate, he used Adam and Eve as examples in marriage.
Given that sin is in the thought not the deed, then his approval of a lie, that genesis is true, means he sinned. He knew the truth, he is the truth but he lied.

How can he save anyone?
God isn't man that He needs or has any reason to lie.
He didn't lie in any fashion. He was explaining many things at the same time.

Bandwidth is the key issue here.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...
But movies hadn't been created yet. One page that contains a couple of hundred words cannot convey the same information that a good picture can. The same piece of paper but with a greatly larger bandwidth of information.

Two lanes of cars all traveling at 50 mph vx 8 lanes of cars traveling at the same speed...that's the difference in bandwidth that I'm referring to. With the metaphoric, phonetic, and pictographic nature of Hebrew and things said in a very poetic fashion a genius can conviegh a ton of information...like man and woman living symbiotically with each other and the Earth...and tabernacaling with God.

These are just a few themes that come out of the creation account...there are many more because of the writing.
So how do you communicate a ton

You still have yet to tell me what this has to do with anything. :\

So are you saying that the creation of the world might not have meant a literal seven days? That makes sense, but just curious on why science says that men and dinosaurs didn't coexist together in the first place.
Isiah 11,65

No concern about the lion eating,the boy.

Meaning that God will restore the creation to the garden

Did god create the phages,if death and destruction by evolution,is his plan then yes God intentionally,wanted men to die from,aids,sars,etc

Did god create the phages,if death and destruction by evolution,is his plan then yes God intentionally,wanted men to die from,aids,sars,etc
No...
The Earth did that all by itself because it is holy. Holy systems like the Earth are perfect...but that doesn't mean that they have the capability of granting forgiveness. And the Earth doesn't forgive.

I repeat,.. what does any of that have to do with whether or not humans and dinosaurs coexisted with one another?
Because you think,Adam and eve were omnivores ,aids or any disease wasn't around then.if the dinosaurs didn't due out by the meteor,why,wiped them out?

Disease ,or other equally deadly to man ,did meaning the earth was never a paradise when Adam was made it was deadly

Because you think,Adam and eve were omnivores ,aids or any disease wasn't around then.if the dinosaurs didn't due out by the meteor,why,wiped them out?

Disease ,or other equally deadly to man ,did meaning the earth was never a paradise when Adam was made it was deadly

Sorry, but that still doesn't make an awful lot of sense. I do believe that many animals have gone extinct since humans have been around.

[/QUOTE]
Yes...I did.
Go read what I wrote before Jason took us all off topic.

Sorry, but if you answered these, it wasn't in words that I could understand. :\

Sorry, but if you answered these, it wasn't in words that I could understand. :\
What I said is that we don't really know...and the tools we have for dating things can be really really wrong. The older things are the wider the amount of error margin in dating things.

What I said is that we don't really know...and the tools we have for dating things can be really really wrong. The older things are the wider the amount of error margin in dating things.

I guess the best way to look at it is that God's never wrong and He never makes mistakes, but scientists can and do. I was just sort of wondering where they got the conclusion that humans and dinosaurs never coexisted in the first place.

I guess the best way to look at it is that God's never wrong and He never makes mistakes, but scientists can and do. I was just sort of wondering where they got the conclusion that humans and dinosaurs never coexisted in the first place.
Carbon dating.
The sun gives off a particular carbon isotope at what they claim/believe is a steady rate that gets absorbed by stuff.

And I tend to think that they are wrong.
Because if a bone absorbs the isotope... wouldn't other things? Say a couple thousand miles of solar flares? A tree growing...
Maybe a house built out of stone...

A few thousand years is a lot of time for things to happen.

God isn't man that He needs or has any reason to lie.
He didn't lie in any fashion. He was explaining many things at the same time.

So in simple English the universe was created in six days of 24 hours is what you are saying, because that is what the Hebrew means.

So in simple English the universe was created in six days of 24 hours is what you are saying, because that is what the Hebrew means.
No,
Not what I said. Not what I intended. Not what I believe.
You are free to believe what you want. But I don't think that God gave us a "How To Manual" on how He created the universe. I do think that He explained certain theological truths that we can understand if we are willing.
Evening and Morning frame the night time...not day time...and not a full 24 hour day. At best it's about 12 hours.

And considering that the days with the sun didn't start until after day four...how could there be an evening or morning?

Back