Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study So, Is Science Wrong On This?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
According to Genesis 1:24-31 what we call dinosaurs, scripture calls beast of the earth, were created on the sixth day and also after the animals were created then was man and woman created also on the sixth day. Each day was signified by evening and morning, which makes a big difference in us saying morning to evening as the hours are very different.

God's timing was not as our 24 hour days from sunrise to sunset, but that of His own timing stated from evening and morning. If you notice in Genesis 2:1-3 there is no mention of a seventh evening and day, but that God only sanctified that day and set it apart from all the others as He rested from all His work that was finished.

Another thing, I don't believe it should be called a Big Bang as everything took it's time of developing into what God spoke it to be as molecules were formed together within the creation of everything. BTW, I'm not talking about evolution when I say Big Bang. Dinosaurs most definitely roamed the earth among the inhabitants.

Scriptures about Dinosaurs and also Dragons which are also Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs:
Job 40:15-18, 23; Job 41; Psalms 74:14; Psalms 104:26; Isaiah 27:1

Dragons:
Deuteronomy 32:33; Job 30:29; Psalms 44:19; 74:13; Isaiah 34:13; 35:7; 43:20; Jeremiah 9:11; 10:22; 49:33; Micah 1:8; Malachi 1:3

Another thing, I don't believe it should be called a Big Bang as everything took it's time of developing into what God spoke it to be as molecules were formed together within the creation of everything.

You don't have to believe what wondering and I do. All we're doing is simply stating our beliefs. We're not going to shame you for believing what you do,.. all I ask is please don't shame us for believing in both Christianity and evolution. (Of course, I don't think you would since you don't appear to be like that. :) )

Btw, I was wondering when you would chime in on this Deb, since you've probably had a pet dinosaur in your lifetime I'm guessing. :lol (Inside joke for those who don't know. XD!!)

One of the important things to realize about creation is that all of creation was merely spoken into being...
But when it came time for man God formed him with his hands...in his own image (best) and then breathed life into him...all speaking to an intimacy and focus the rest of creation didn't receive.

One of the important things to realize about creation is that all of creation was merely spoken into being...
But when it came time for man God formed him with his hands...in his own image (best) and then breathed life into him...all speaking to an intimacy and focus the rest of creation didn't receive.

So when He spoke it into being who's to say that it didn't cause a big bang? Nobody on here was around at that time to hear it so nobody can really say that it didn't happen. (Anyways, we're sort of getting off subject though.)

I usually say "God said it and BANG there it was"

So, sort of sounds like you agree and that works for me. :lol The thing I really like about this forum is that I don't think there's a danger of getting bashed for your beliefs when there's no real true way to prove it or disprove it.

It is obvious when we look at humans today that evolution has in fact taken place. Or at least to me. I just believe that it was set in place to happen by God. :) Whether humans and dinosaurs ever existed together though, the world may never know. That would be rather interesting to try dinosaur meat though. :biggrin

No,
Not what I said. Not what I intended. Not what I believe.
You are free to believe what you want. But I don't think that God gave us a "How To Manual" on how He created the universe. I do think that He explained certain theological truths that we can understand if we are willing.
Evening and Morning frame the night time...not day time...and not a full 24 hour day. At best it's about 12 hours.

And considering that the days with the sun didn't start until after day four...how could there be an evening or morning?

Unfortunately we are not free to believe what we want. We believe what the scriptures say.
As I have posted you will not find any Hebrew scholar who will say that how genesis is written is to convey anything other than a literal 6 day creation.

There are those who claim there was no physical resurrection, bishop of Durham a while back with conjouring tricks with bones, yet the N T does not leave that an option.
( Not accusing you of this, an illustration )
In the same way we do not have options about believing genesis.

Unfortunately we are not free to believe what we want. We believe what the scriptures say.
As I have posted you will not find any Hebrew scholar who will say that how genesis is written is to convey anything other than a literal 6 day creation.

There are those who claim there was no physical resurrection, bishop of Durham a while back with conjouring tricks with bones, yet the N T does not leave that an option.
( Not accusing you of this, an illustration )
In the same way we do not have options about believing genesis.

If you can...
Could you please explain how there was an evening or a morning when the Sun and moon wasn't created until the fourth day?

These two time things are dependant upon sunrise and sunset... well if there wasn't a sun to cause them has God lied to us?

The obvious answer is "NO".

But what it does show is that if you applied the same hermeneutics to "Evening" and "Morning" as you are to the word "day" then the whole passage of Genesis 1 is not translated accurately because it doesn't make sense.

And where you are adamant in seeing six-24 hour days I'm seeing something different...and I have some legitimate reasons for doing so.

I'm not accusing you of "not carefully reading" a well known passage or trying to make the scriptures say something else...

All I'm saying is that this passage is not God's notes on "How God built a solar system and habitable planet". I believe that it's there to give us theological knowledge of God and Man's relationship.

And now with my Admin hat on:

Do not accuse people in such a fashion as you have done me. It's against TOS and I'll have to prohibit you from continuing to participate. We can disagree on what we take from the scriptures but to accuse me of calling God a liar is beyond the pail. It's unbecoming of a Christian and is not exhibiting the Fruits of the Spirit.

Last edited:
We don't know if God created the earth in 7 days or if the number 7 signifies something.
But it's OK for you to believe that if you want to.

As to dinosaurs,,,they did not exist at the same time as man.
They came first (5th day)
Man came second (6th day).
If you reread the Bible, you'll see all the living creatures on the land were all created on the 6th day, the same day as man.
And when God finished making all the creatures, livestock and wild creatures, he said in Genesis Chapter One, verse 25, "and God saw that it was good."
Then he made man and woman and finished the 6th day.

There is no place in Genesis for dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs lasted for about 160 thousand years...not hundreds.
By the time man came along, dinosaurs were extinct.
We not this for sure from the study of the layers of the earth (stratos).
Within each layer/strato we find different types of "animals".
Then at some point we find human remains.
When the human remains (bones) are found,,,they are much higher up than the dinosaurs.

Your problem is that you wish to believe that God created everything in 6 days.
It's OK if you wish to believe t his,,,it's called a Young Earth Creationist,,,but you'll have a difficult time proving it.

Here is an image of what I posted above:

View attachment 9764
I guess according to you, the Bible is more confusing than science.
Just remember, science is of the world, a mere creation of the creator.
The Word of God is absolute truth.

Could you please explain how there was an evening or a morning when the Sun and moon wasn't created until the fourth day?

While God is outside of time, it is his creation and he is able to keep track of it without a watch, sundial or stars.

As far as I am aware I have not threatened or insulted or accused any person.

I am not talking about this forum but about theology.
If one believes the Bible is the word of God then one is not free to believe what one likes about it.
Eg. The Bible talks about Jesus as a living breathing person. But some people believe he was only a spirit, or that he animated a body. Scripture does not give one this option he is discribed as doing everything people do.

While God is outside of time, it is his creation and he is able to keep track of it without a watch, sundial or stars.

Now you lost me...

Are you now saying that there really wasn't an evening or morning because there wasn't a Sun or moon but God simply declared it to be evening or morning?

I'm totally confused as to how you can logically say what you are saying. Which is what I'm trying to understand here.
You are going to have to explain this more for me to understand.

Now you lost me...

Are you now saying that there really wasn't an evening or morning because there wasn't a Sun or moon but God simply declared it to be evening or morning?

I'm totally confused as to how you can logically say what you are saying. Which is what I'm trying to understand here.
You are going to have to explain this more for me to understand.
All I am saying is that God kept track of the passage of time and indicated that a day's worth of time, 24 hours had passed by saying it was evening and morning the ... Day.

All I am saying is that God kept track of the passage of time and indicated that a day's worth of time, 24 hours had passed by saying it was evening and morning the ... Day.
But how do you get a 24 hour period from evening to morning? That frames a night.

And how can it be evening without a sun...same thing for a morning.
At what time did the evening start without a sun?
When was it morning?
Why did God work at night instead of daytime?

You still aren't being coherent with how you understand the scriptures other than an adamant 6-24 hour periods of time. (The logic of how this works for you is absolutely baffling me)

The Jews (Levites) had several very precise time setting systems set up around evening and morning, days, weeks, months, and years. A Rabbi Scholar friend of mine (Michael Schneider) wrote several books on the subject.
I talked with him at length about his field of expertise.
And I'm trying to understand the basis for your understanding of the scriptures in this passage.
So far, I'm not seeing your congruence. It's not based on anything that has been understood in the past or present. It's not based on any consistent hermeneutics that I've heard of either.

So please expound some more on this evening and morning literalism that occurs without a sun. Also how a night is considered a day. This is groundbreaking stuff to me. Never heard of such before.

Back