Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

sola scriptura,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes because I’m an American, it’s ok for me to pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America.

JLB

By that same token, then did you just give permission for Catholics to bow down before statues?

I mean by your own reasoning, because they are Catholics, it makes it perfectly okay!

There is no difference between a man who stands with his hand over his heart swearing his allegiance to a piece of cloth than I do another bowing before a slab of stone and praying.

Both are forms of the same idolatry.

Your mistaken.

Here is what idolatry looks like.

1597450233424.jpeg

Bowing down before a carved image of Mary and praying to it.

By that same token, then did you just give permission for Catholics to bow down before statues?

I mean by your own reasoning, because they are Catholics, it makes it perfectly okay!

If you want to believe it’s okay to bow down and worship statues that’s between you and God.

JLB

because you don't ,doesnt negate the fact it happens .

if you,are more offended by the flag being burned ,desacretared then the bible or our faith in the,media then well check your heart .

there was more of a protest over the anthem then when the,NFL mocked Tebow .I'm,not suggesting believers weren't offended by,that but hmm,how many have up,the nfl over that as fast ?

Who said anything about the flag being burned or bibles being desecrated?

Do you believe it’s ok to bow down in homage to a graven image of Mary?

JLB

No such thing as worshipping the flag.
well, consider the tv guide sitting on top of a dusty Bible
In some circles, that's blasphemy.
In others, it's simply the sign of the times
But how do you judge what is in a person's heart by your measurement of dust?

I went by an estate today in Georgia that had three entrances, each with the tall pole and an American flag on them.
Maybe there is some worship there.
Who are we to judge?

well, consider the tv guide sitting on top of a dusty Bible
In some circles, that's blasphemy.

I wouldn’t know. If you believe it’s blasphemy then please get the TV guide off of your dusty Bible.

I went by an estate today in Georgia that had three entrances, each with the tall pole and an American flag on them.
Maybe there is some worship there.
Who are we to judge?

I don’t know anything about that.

What I do know is people who bow down before idols are committing idolatry.

JLB
Okay, let's talk Mary.
Mary is at the heart of the catholic church.
The idea of praying to Mary is because Jesus will listen to her because she is his mother.
In all honesty, I see nothing spiritual about this
But underneath it all, they are trying to reach Jesus.
Yes, it's bad teaching but will Jesus deny them because they are approaching him the wrong way?
A good evangelist will learn how to use this as a way to teach them the true Gospel.

Let’s get this thread back to sola scriptura.

Otherwise I will have to move it the Topical Studies Section in order to continue discussing Catholic Teachings and practices.

JLB

Okay, let's talk Mary.
Mary is at the heart of the catholic church.
The idea of praying to Mary is because Jesus will listen to her because she is his mother.
In all honesty, I see nothing spiritual about this
But underneath it all, they are trying to reach Jesus.
Yes, it's bad teaching but will Jesus deny them because they are approaching him the wrong way?
A good evangelist will learn how to use this as a way to teach them the true Gospel.

No let’s don’t.

If you want to discuss Catholic Teachings please do so in that thread.

Thanks JLB

Cathlicism believes in sola sriptura.
It's in the catechism.

Their interpretation may not be yours, but it's there.

JLB says, " Do you believe it’s ok to bow down in homage to a graven image of Mary? "
After I answer him he says, " Let’s get this thread back to sola scriptura. "

It must be nice to be in charge.

Please Rollo, stop.

You are really hurting my feelings.
Sorry JLB, though I must say you've been hurting my feelings for years.
That's why I never bothered you very much.
I guess it's time to back off this forum again.

Sorry JLB, though I must say you've been hurting my feelings for years.
That's why I never bothered you very much.
I guess it's time to back off this forum again.

I certainly know what it is to be ridiculed and mocked and called names.

All you have to do is send me a pm....

JLB says, " Do you believe it’s ok to bow down in homage to a graven image of Mary? "
After I answer him he says, " Let’s get this thread back to sola scriptura. "

It must be nice to be in charge.

Are you interested in discussing Sola Scriptura?

JLB
who said ?I'm stating fact ,I didn't,here any football fan in,church state im not watching the NFL over Tebow

not once have i heard that it should be illegal to desacrate or burn a bible .private property of others is another subject but its not mentioned either its just not though like that or something else.

my,point is how east it is to have a simple temporary flag in the eternal view hold such place over the the things of God.

you simply blow off how it .can, be a stumbling block .I fully disagree with the Catholic views on icon and prayer to the dead saints but unless you intend take us to heaven,to show that there is no,saint who isn't able to see God ,talk or plead before God

do you have dead family in heaven?do you not visit their graves and talk and assume they can't know this?

i see the use of icons as problematic but I,do understand why they believe that .I,know charismatic who speak about visions of heaven talking to loved ones there or others using nde experiences describing the same .

if the saints are unaware of our lives .show me that in the bible ?

my issues with this is well,Mary isn't quite a co redeemer,praying to some one you might not know for sure is saved ,no one knows after another dies .isn't kinda pointless .its hard enough with fellow church members .

with the dead we don't know who made it ,this why I avoid it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back