Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solve this

According to standard math conventions, the answer is 7: you have to do the multiplication first, and then you go left-to-right.
Correct. The answer is seven. The order of operation is:

1. Parenthesis
2. Exponent
3. Multiplication/Division
4. Addition/Subtraction
5. Left to right

The answer is 7, if I am not mistaken. Multiplication and division are always performed before addition and subtraction.

what kind of formula is that? :dunno :shrug :confused

Its not a formula. Its how you add subtract and multiply in your head. You can even use penny's and not have a formula. just get your pennys out and count them :lol I don't do new math or formulas. What really matters is how much money you have, right ? ;)

Its not a formula. Its how you add subtract and multiply in your head. You can even use penny's and not have a formula. just get your pennys out and count them I don't do new math or formulas. What really matters is how much money you have, right ?
I use my toes and fingers - perfect counters

I use my toes and fingers - perfect counters

:lol Ok after you learn to count on your toes and fingers, just remember that in your head, Then you won't need to use them anymore ;)

And tell them the is no parenthesis and no * in the first post! Its an x

Back