Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Some Won't Get Saved

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
But unless universalism is true
What do you mean by "universalism"?

There are five requirements to Salvation

1. Confession - Acts 2:21; Romans 10:9, 10
2. Repentance - Mark 1:14, 15
3. Faith - John 3:14-18
4. Regeneration - John 3:3-8
5. Holy Scripture - 2 Timothy 3:15

What do you mean by "universalism"?

There are five requirements to Salvation

1. Confession - Acts 2:21; Romans 10:9, 10
2. Repentance - Mark 1:14, 15
3. Faith - John 3:14-18
4. Regeneration - John 3:3-8
5. Holy Scripture - 2 Timothy 3:15
How can you so neatly package the requirements for salvation?
It's not true.
God knows your heart.
And when you reach out to him and you receive him, you are saved.
And you don't have to know any of those Scripture passages.

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

You will not be able to overcome this world and live apart from the grace of God found in Christ Jesus.

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me

At the start the world was full of unrestrained sin, ignorance, and many false Gods.

Jesus to Paul
‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

It is the Father who sent Jesus and the one who glorifies Jesus. He gave Jesus a name above all names that Jesus may give eternal life to all those the Father gives Him.
Great post!
:nod

"The belief that all humankind will eventually be saved. Christian universalism would insist that Christ's atonement did atone for everyone's sins"

Christ's atonement did atone for everyone's sins, but to be saved one has to acknowledge the fact that Jesus died for their sins.

"The belief that all humankind will eventually be saved. Christian universalism would insist that Christ's atonement did atone for everyone's sins"
If you can show where the head of the body of Christ, Christ Jesus, taught that one could reject Him for any reason and live please post it so we can take a look.

I know my Lord and I would state in judgments made it will be His words that prevail.

The atonement must be received and repentance is a good start.

to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Jesus told those who opposed Him and did not believe in Him that their guilt remained.

Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

With light comes accountability.
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin

Justice to the nations.

I have no belief in that one way or the other.
Then why did you say ""The belief that all humankind will eventually be saved. Christian universalism would insist that Christ's atonement did atone for everyone's sins".

Are you a universalist as this is what they believe. I see by your avatar you are not a Christian.

Then why did you say ""The belief that all humankind will eventually be saved. Christian universalism would insist that Christ's atonement did atone for everyone's sins".

Are you a universalist as this is what they believe. I see by your avatar you are not a Christian.

For His Glory,

I believe Christ's atonement was for everyone's sins, but that does not make me a universalist. A universalist believes, not matter what their beliefs on earth, they will be saved.

I urge you to read, "How Universalism, ‘the Opiate of the Theologians,’ Went Mainstream." To speak of Christian universalism is an abomination as universalism means all people will be saved, no matter what their beliefs on earth (It was the theological position of popular commentator, William Barclay).

Oz

For His Glory,

I believe Christ's atonement was for everyone's sins, but that does not make me a universalist. A universalist believes, not matter what their beliefs on earth, they will be saved.

I urge you to read, "How Universalism, ‘the Opiate of the Theologians,’ Went Mainstream." To speak of Christian universalism is an abomination as universalism means all people will be saved, no matter what their beliefs on earth (It was the theological position of popular commentator, William Barclay).

Oz
Christ's atonement is for everyone, but there are some that think they do not have to repent of their sins and accept Jesus because He has already covered them. Just trying to get to the core of rstrats understanding.

BTW, I have studied Universalism and thank you for that article.

How many opinions do you have?
Are they always changing?
Some are:
That chili shouldn't have beans in it.
That the Ford 150 is better than the Chevy Silverado.
That beliefs cannot be consciously chosen.
The we shouldn't have open borders.
That toilet paper should roll over the top.
That ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog.
That the crucifixion didn't occur on the 6th day of the week.

And so far none of those have changed.

Some are:
That chili shouldn't have beans in it.
That the Ford 150 is better than the Chevy Silverado.
That beliefs cannot be consciously chosen.
The we shouldn't have open borders.
That toilet paper should roll over the top.
That ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog.
That the crucifixion didn't occur on the 6th day of the week.

And so far none of those have changed.
Come on now, what is chili without beans?

for_his_glory

You asked what I meant by "universalism". I simply gave you a definition of it. And no, I'm not a universalist as I thought I was implying with my comment that I have no belief in universalism one way or the other.

Back