Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Spring Semester 2011

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

theLords

I'm starting in a week, who else will be?

I'm still a Freshman/1st year. I start on the 10th, and will be taking:

English
History
Spanish
Biology
Intro to Psychology I

TheLords

Have a great term!

With all you have got to study, don't forget your prayer and Bible reading time, either..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The quarter begins tomorrow for me.
It looks like you have a really full load there. Are you ready?

~Sparrow

TheLords

Have a great term!

With all you have got to study, don't forget your prayer and Bible reading time, either..... :)

Thank you very much Farouk!

I won't forget my Bible and prayer time! Coincidentally, I seem to pray hardest during the school year... "Please Lord let me pass..." :wink3

:rolling

I think I'm ready! If not I have my direct line to God to support me :biggrin

What classes are you taking?
Right now it seems that I'm learning how to learn. Taking classes to get ready for calculus and classes to learn how to write in college - lol. I need it though, my last math was back in '68. Oh, and a Human Development course to fill out the credits (12 this quarter) -- about Stress. Took that one because I heard there wasn't any homework. When I talk to my advisers they seem to be of the opinion that I should take it slow and easy. Who knows? It does give me time to focus on each though. :yes

Right now it seems that I'm learning how to learn. Taking classes to get ready for calculus and classes to learn how to write in college - lol. I need it though, my last math was back in '68. Oh, and a Human Development course to fill out the credits (12 this quarter) -- about Stress. Took that one because I heard there wasn't any homework. When I talk to my advisers they seem to be of the opinion that I should take it slow and easy. Who knows? It does give me time to focus on each though. :yes

Math? :couch

I feel for you. I still haven't taken my math placement exam. I think I'm going to study for it during the summer and take my first math course next fall =X

I am finishing my senior year, but have one more to go, since I started out in television and radio production, and switched to political science (with a concentration in international relations) and sociology. I'm taking the standard five-course load also:

Introduction to Sociology
Global Inequalities (with a Marxist professor :biggrin)
Modern Political Thought (Locke, Hobbes, Marx, Rawls and all those great modern thinkers)
American Foreign Policy
Post-Communism (comparative post-Soviet eastern European politics)

Math? :couch

I feel for you. I still haven't taken my math placement exam. I think I'm going to study for it during the summer and take my first math course next fall =X

If you want, I could help with math. I am pretty competent all the way up to pre-calculus.

I start up next Monday :/ I'm still recovering from last semester so I'd rather not go back so soon but o well... This semester I have:

Romans (like the book of the Bible)
Materials Engineering
Mechatronics
Electronics 2
Electronics Design lab
Statistics

Wow, maybe I am slacking. I am only doing 4 this semester.

Western Civilization 1
Cultural Anthropology
Intro to World Religions
Written Communications II

I start up next Monday :/ I'm still recovering from last semester so I'd rather not go back so soon but o well... This semester I have:

Romans (like the book of the Bible)
Materials Engineering
Mechatronics
Electronics 2
Electronics Design lab
Statistics

Mechatronics sounds like a Decepticon. :tongue

I am finishing my senior year, but have one more to go, since I started out in television and radio production, and switched to political science (with a concentration in international relations) and sociology. I'm taking the standard five-course load also:

Introduction to Sociology
Global Inequalities (with a Marxist professor :biggrin)
Modern Political Thought (Locke, Hobbes, Marx, Rawls and all those great modern thinkers)
American Foreign Policy
Post-Communism (comparative post-Soviet eastern European politics)

If you want, I could help with math. I am pretty competent all the way up to pre-calculus.

Wow, that's a heavy workload right there. I'm not looking forward to being a senior :scared

Thanks for the offer! I'm going to get a math tutor over the summer and hope that helps.

Wow, maybe I am slacking. I am only doing 4 this semester.

Western Civilization 1
Cultural Anthropology
Intro to World Religions
Written Communications II

I took Western Civ I last semester. It was a good course. I really enjoyed it. I'm taking US History I this semester 'cause I couldn't fit WCII into my schedule which I am kinda bummed about.

if i may assume something.

mecha as in artificial skeleton?
that is being used for the parapapalegics and also future warfare idea?

I'm starting on Monday :sad so not ready to go back!! My class load should be easy this semester though:

Humanities
Mental Health Theory/Clinical
Issues in Healthcare

if i may assume something.

mecha as in artificial skeleton?
that is being used for the parapapalegics and also future warfare idea?

Hmm not quite. I'm not sure why it's called mechatronics but it is the combination of electrical and mechanical systems. Basically you have some system that includes both mechanical and electrical components such as a motor and you convert it to the frequency domain so that you don't have to worry about what is mechanical or electrical anymore, everything is simply mathematical. Once it is in that form you can evaluate the system's stability, calculate its steady state and transient responses, and make the necessary changes to the system. We will be designing and implementing a cruise control system for a remote control car during this course, so that would be a practical application.

Now just cause I know what mechatronics entails doesn't mean that I know how to do all of this stuff yet lol. I just know a bit about it because one of my previous courses touched on some of this stuff briefly.

I figured you'd appreciate it, since your avatar is of a Transformer. Or is that from Gundam? I never can tell.

that is a veritech fighter also known as an alpha fighter from the show called robotech, which was produced by carl macek , who also produced the original Gundam in the 70's.

Back