Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Tasted Death for every Man !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Every man Jesus tasted death for, it brings them to Glory Heb 2:9-10
Yes. I know.
In this case everyone means all the elect.

In Heb 2,9 we read that Jesus died for all men,all of humanity.

In verse 10 we read that Jesus brought many to glory.

All those that accepted His sacrifice were brought to glory,,,,thanks to His sacrifice.

John 3,16 confirms this.

How else to rectify this conflict between verses 9 and 10?

Yes. I know.

You should add..."Jesus died for all of humanity" that lived during and after His suffering and death.
He didn't die for those who preceded Him in death.

All those that accepted His sacrifice were brought to glory,,,,thanks to His sacrifice.

John 3,16 confirms this.

Yes. I know.

John 3,16 confirms this.

Yes, every man and all means elect. I have given many reasons for that statement in this thread. Heb 2:9-10 pertains to only Gods elect, and by His tasting death for them, its the catalyst in bring all of them, every man of them to Glory.

Yes, every man and all means elect. I have given many reasons for that statement in this thread. Heb 2:9-10 pertains to only Gods elect, and by His tasting death for them, its the catalyst in bring all of them, every man of them to Glory.
This is your opinion and that of the reformed.
catholics believe in purgatory, that doesn't make it so.

Could you reply as to the conflict caused by your theology between verses 9 and 10 as I requested in my last post to which the above is not a reply....

"Might"
used to express possibility or make a suggestion:

"Everyone"
every person

By the grace of God, "Might taste death for everyone"

This is your opinion and that of the reformed.
catholics believe in purgatory, that doesn't make it so.

Could you reply as to the conflict caused by your theology between verses 9 and 10 as I requested in my last post to which the above is not a reply....
I did reply, I have a whole thread of explaining my view as I see it.

Oh.
So I'm supposed to read your post from the beginning to know how you feel?

Maybe you just can't explain away the conflict?

Calvinism causes lots of conflict in Christian theology. How do you live with it??

How about replying to me like any member is supposed to and explain away the conflict you have caused between
Hebrews 2 9
And
Hebrews 2,10

It would be appreciated.

Oh.
So I'm supposed to read your post from the beginning to know how you feel?

Maybe you just can't explain away the conflict?

Calvinism causes lots of conflict in Christian theology. How do you live with it??

How about replying to me like any member is supposed to and explain away the conflict you have caused between
Hebrews 2 9
And
Hebrews 2,10

It would be appreciated.
Do like I do, I read what you have posted to see what you believe, I mean why else did you post anything. I have given many posts to substantiate what I believe about Heb 2:9, I started the thread. As far as conflict, I mean if you read what I have posted, you would know why there is a conflict, I dont believe what you believe and vice versa.

Do like I do, I read what you have posted to see what you believe, I mean why else did you post anything. I have given many posts to substantiate what I believe about Heb 2:9, I started the thread. As far as conflict, I mean if you read what I have posted, you would know why there is a conflict, I dont believe what you believe and vice versa.
I don't know BF
I don't know what you're talking about...

Thought threads were to exchange our theology.
Of course we don't agree.

Anyway, it's apparent you don't wish to talk.

Your view, not shared by all, is that Gods grace is not offered to all but only a select minority that He has prechosen and God writes off the majority of people to death knowing the weakness of the flesh of all. While God is always just in His judgment's such a view conflicts with Gods loving kindness and mercy. It takes two failures to earn the 2nd death. Sin and rejecting such a wonderful salvation offered to all and choosing to do evil without repentance.

Justice is a scepter of God's throne. And Love is the center of His being.
Jesus took our punishment on Himself which balances both Gods justice and Gods love.

Your view, not shared by all, is that Gods grace is not offered to all but only a select minority that He has prechosen and God writes off the majority of people to death knowing the weakness of the flesh of all. While God is always just in His judgment's such a view conflicts with Gods loving kindness and mercy. It takes two failures to earn the 2nd death. Sin and rejecting such a wonderful salvation offered to all and choosing to do evil without repentance.

Jesus took our punishment on Himself which balances both Gods justice and Gods love.
I find that the reformed faith causes a lot of conflict within scripture.

If a true conflict exists, then truth does not exist.

When I ask for an explanation for a conflict caused by reformed theology I never get a reply.

Ditto right now.

You should add..."Jesus died for all of humanity" that lived during and after His suffering and death.
He didn't die for those who preceded Him in death.
Hi Hopeful
I'll have to disagree.
Jesus died for all men,
Before, during and after His resurrection.
Otherwise those verses mean nothing.

Why do you belief not?

God allows the non-elect the desires of their heart - that which they seek - to be judged by their own actions and work.
He does not prohibit them from that.

Last edited:

If people dont agree with my view, which I know its the truth, thats fine. I give what I believe to be the truth, you give what you believe the truth. I believe Heb 2:9-10 teaches that every person Christ dies for shall be saved, brought to Glory. We know everyone without exception are not going to be saved, so hence, I believe in limited effectual atonement, and obviously others do not. However I would say that those who dont, limit the efficasiousness of Christs death, where I limit its extent, so its limited one way or the other, unless of course one is a universalist, which is worse or just as bad.

If people dont agree with my view, which I know its the truth, thats fine. I give what I believe to be the truth, you give what you believe the truth. I believe Heb 2:9-10 teaches that every person Christ dies for shall be saved, brought to Glory. We know everyone without exception are not going to be saved, so hence, I believe in limited effectual atonement, and obviously others do not. However I would say that those who dont, limit the efficasiousness of Christs death, where I limit its extent, so its limited one way or the other, unless of course one is a universalist, which is worse or just as bad.
We'll find out who had the truth on the other side.
ITMT I consider you a brother in Christ and we're just talking here.

Hi Hopeful
I'll have to disagree.
Jesus died for all men,
Before, during and after His resurrection.
Otherwise those verses mean nothing.

Why do you belief not?
How could Jesus' death and resurrection impact those who died a hundred or thousand years before Him ?
They couldn't repent of sin or be baptized using His name for the remission of past sins.
All men, from all times, will be judged by their consciences.
Those, post-Christ, have been supplied mighty weapons for the fight for our souls.
Weapons the pre-Christ men did not have.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back