Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Tasted Death for every Man !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Okay thats fine, to me Heb 2:9-10 all men means some
You will have to figure that out for yourself.
I hope I never hire you to move "all" my furniture.
, but all whom He brings to Glory because He tasted death for them.
No doubt that is true.
You just refuse to believe anyone will refuse the gift.
So if a person is never saved, which we know that will be the case Matt 25:41 then Christ did not taste death for them.
He did, but the unrepentant refused what the Lord made available to them.
And if you hold to the false notion that Christ tasted death for all without exception, including them which shall perish in their sins in unbelief, then you deny the saving efficacy of Christs death, which is unbelief !
If you are correct, then Jesus did NOT die for all men.

No doubt that is true.

No doubt that is true.

I have been back and forth with you enough, seen, read what you have posted and what you believe, you dont believe Christs death saved anyone. I conclude that because you believe that Christ died for the sins of people who nevertheless shall die in those same sins He died for.

I have been back and forth with you enough, seen, read what you have posted and what you believe, you dont believe Christs death saved anyone. I conclude that because you believe that Christ died for the sins of people who nevertheless shall die in those same sins He died for.
I believe that Jesus died to take away the sins of the world.
Some just don't want their sin taken away.

I believe that Jesus died to take away the sins of the world.
Some just don't want their sin taken away.
No matter how you phrase it, it comes down to you dont believe Christs death saved anyone at all, which is unbelief. Once you put anyone in hell for whom Christ died, you are saying Christs death meant and did absolutely nothing and that's unbelief.

It doesn't take away from the work of God. It does suggest as its written elsewhere it is received through faith. (Whosoever believes) (To those who received Him and believed in His name) It also suggests its offered, (invitation), not commanded. As go out and invite all. One can be unwillingly to receive a offer/invitation. And no excuse of refusal is accepted. One can not act otherwise to what God commands.

It doesn't take away from the work of God. It does suggest as its written elsewhere it is received through faith. (Whosoever believes) (To those who received Him and believed in His name) It also suggests its offered, (invitation), not commanded. As go out and invite all. One can be unwillingly to receive a offer/invitation. And no excuse of refusal is accepted. One can not act otherwise to what God commands.
Yes it does, If you say anyone Christ came to save by His Person and Work, dying for them, still winds up lost into hell, you are in essence saying His death to save them was absolutely meaningless and fruitless.

Yes it does, If you say anyone Christ came to save by His Person and Work, dying for them, still winds up lost into hell, you are in essence saying His death to save them was absolutely meaningless and fruitless.
That's not what I stated its what you just stated. The fault found is in the heart of man not Gods works.
To make it clear Jesus is the only way to the Father and those who reject Him reject the one who sent Him.

I don't know Koine Greek. But I have noted many translations including YLT state a "meaning of" "might taste death".

That's not what I stated its what you just stated. The fault found is in the heart of man not Gods works.
To make it clear Jesus is the only way to the Father and those who reject Him reject the one who sent Him.

I don't know Koine Greek. But I have noted many translations including YLT state a "meaning of" "might taste death".
Yes, judging by your posts, Christs death saved absolutely nobody.

Absolutely correct, brightfame52.

They've placed themselves into an unresolvable logical dilemma, brightfame52 - they say that Christ is the Saviour,
yet they believe Him completely powerless to save - hmmm wonder how that works?

Absolutely correct, brightfame52.

They've placed themselves into an unresolvable logical dilemma, brightfame52 - they say that Christ is the Saviour,
yet they believe Him completely powerless to save - hmmm wonder how that works?
Right, saying man dont want salvation or rejects the gift, all of that is how men are as totally depraved people. Man by nature doesnt seek after God, doesnt desire God, because naturally we are dead to God, however, Jesus saved His People from that godless condition, thats why He is Saviour of sinners.

Right Im saying it, and Im saying it based on a just ground.
In Christian theology, conditional election is the belief that God chooses for eternal salvation those whom he foresees will have faith in Christ. This belief emphasizes the importance of a person's free will.

God saw they would have had faith and it was found in their FAVOR - a more bearable judgment must mean life as opposed to death. The only two judgments I know of.
Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you

In Christian theology, conditional election is the belief that God chooses for eternal salvation those whom he foresees will have faith in Christ. This belief emphasizes the importance of a person's free will.

God saw they would have had faith and it was found in their FAVOR - a more bearable judgment must mean life as opposed to death. The only two judgments I know of.
Then Jesus began to denounce the towns in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. 21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22 But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you
If you believe and teach Jesus tasted death for a person or persons and they still wind up in hell, then you are saying Jesus death saved no one !

Okay, again if you believe Christ died for people and they still go to hell, you are saying His death was worthless.
brightfame52, I think what he might be trying to say now (although I could be wrong) is that God knew beforehand who would choose to come to faith in Christ and that God therefore made Christ's death count only for those, not for everyone. If I'm correct about this, then his line of reasoning would of course be logically absurd.

No matter how you phrase it, it comes down to you dont believe Christs death saved anyone at all, which is unbelief. Once you put anyone in hell for whom Christ died, you are saying Christs death meant and did absolutely nothing and that's unbelief.
Christ's suffering and death will save as many as partake in/of them.
It is written..."Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God." (1 Peter 4:1-2)

Thanks be to God for the choice to do just that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back