Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tasted Death for every Man !

Those who don't believe have wasted what Jesus did for their salvation.
Those who dont believe Christ never tasted death for them, because the ones He tasted death for, it results in Him taking them to Glory as He became the Captain of their Salvation Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

To say that what Jesus did for the salvation of a person can be wasted is nothing short of Blasphemy, it shows zero regard for the efficacy of His work.

Those who dont believe Christ never tasted death for them, because the ones He tasted death for, it results in Him taking them to Glory as He became the Captain of their Salvation Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

To say that what Jesus did for the salvation of a person can be wasted is nothing short of Blasphemy, it shows zero regard for the efficacy of His work.
The efficacy of Jesus' work is perfect.
What men do in regard to it is not.
Some embrace it and live lives of perfect grace and obedience, while others reject it and live in sin and pollution.

Hopeful 2

Not when you say those He tasted death for still are lost into hell. You dont believe Jesus work saved anyone He died for .
Jesus' works are perfect, but men need to chose to adhere to Christ.
Most don't, but that doesn't mean Jesus' efforts were unsuccessful.
He did His part, but we have to do our part too.

I know that is difficult to understand when one believes conversion and faith are forced on you, but do you really think God is going to have any kind of fair judgement on the last day when all the sinners say..."You made us this way !"
He will say to them..."You had the choice !"

I know that is difficult to understand when one believes conversion and faith are forced on you, but do you really think God is going to have any kind of fair judgement on the last day when all the sinners say..."You made us this way !"
You dont believe Christs Perfect Work saved anyone if you believe any He died for are lost in their sins.

Those who don't believe have wasted what Jesus did for their salvation.

When you wrote "Those who don't believe have wasted what Jesus did for their salvation" that Jesus propitiated to cover the sin of the unbelieving long dead Muslim man of 1502AD thus you include the Muslim man in "every man" (Hebrews 2:9-10) and "the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2), then, in effect, you believe Jesus is a colossal failure; in other words, the Jesus that you preach is so weak that his propitiating advocacy is null and void.

A person believing in the Son of God whom the father has sent, this very "believing" is the work of God (John 6:29), not of man (Ephesians 2:8-10), but in Truth (John 14:6) is entirely controlled by Lord Jesus (John 15:16)!

In contrast to what you wrote, Lord Jesus succeeds 100% of the time in His propitiating advocacy, so the long dead unbelieving Muslim man is not included in the "every man" (Hebrews 2:9-10) nor "the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2),

Now let's recap what brought us to this point in our correspondence.

I don't see that man's name in scripture on the "REJECTED" list .
In fact I don't see any "rejected" lists at all.
Do you know who will not be granted eternal life ?
Paul made a list in Gal. 5:19-21..."Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Those who walk after the flesh will not be granted eternal life.
I rejoice in the fact that I was offered the way to walk in the Spirit instead of in the flesh.
Were you offered the same opportunity?
Or not?

As was established in this post, the Muslim man who lived in the year 1502 in the middle of the Ottoman Empire never believed in Jesus, so that long dead Muslim man died being a "son of hell" (Matthew 23:15); therefore, when you wrote "I don't see that man's name in scripture on the 'REJECTED' list", then you convey that the long dead unbelieving Muslim man was saved from the wrath of God by Jesus Christ's propitiating advocacy, so you convey that Jesus saves unbelievers; however, Lord Jesus exclusively saves person's whom Jesus exclusively chooses for the King of Glory says "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" and "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29); therefore, you call Jesus a deceiver.

Lord Jesus successfully rescues and redeems every man, including me by His grace for His glory, (Hebrews 2:9-10) for whom He executed propitiating advocacy without exception (1 John 2:1-2) as shown in this post; in contrast, your inclusion in "the whole world" of the long dead unbelieving Muslim man of 1502AD results in you preaching that Jesus is a failure per the same post;

All glory and power and honor be to the Holy God forever and ever, The Righteous One alone is salvation, Amen!!!

kermos

Muslim man was saved from the wrath of God by Jesus Christ's propitiating advocacy, so you convey that Jesus saves unbelievers;

I believe Christ does save unbelievers, in that He saves them from all iniquity Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Part of the iniquity they are redeemed from is unbelief, and He makes them believers zealous of good works.

You dont believe Christs death redeems them He died for from the slavery of sin and from the slavery of the devil.

You dont believe Christs Perfect Work saved anyone if you believe any He died for are lost in their sins.
The day of judgement will let every man know whether or not his name is in the book of life.
Until then, salvation is only a hope for those obedient to Christ.
Thankfully though, the holy are given the seal of the inheritance; an inheritance to be delivered on the last day.

When you wrote "Those who don't believe have wasted what Jesus did for their salvation" that Jesus propitiated to cover the sin of the unbelieving long dead Muslim man of 1502AD thus you include the Muslim man in "every man" (Hebrews 2:9-10) and "the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2), then, in effect, you believe Jesus is a colossal failure; in other words, the Jesus that you preach is so weak that his propitiating advocacy is null and void.

A person believing in the Son of God whom the father has sent, this very "believing" is the work of God (John 6:29), not of man (Ephesians 2:8-10), but in Truth (John 14:6) is entirely controlled by Lord Jesus (John 15:16)!

In contrast to what you wrote, Lord Jesus succeeds 100% of the time in His propitiating advocacy, so the long dead unbelieving Muslim man is not included in the "every man" (Hebrews 2:9-10) nor "the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2),
Had that Muslim repented of sin and gotten baptized for the remission of his past sins...and endured faithfully until either his end or the end of time, his salvation will be made manifest.
If he didn't turn from sin and he didn't have his past sins washed away by the blood of Christ, he will be lost.
Just because he doesn't partake in Jesus' death and burial doesn't mean it wasn't available to him.
That is what you are inferring...that Jesus didn't die for him.
I can't believe such untruths.
Now let's recap what brought us to this point in our correspondence.
As was established in this post, the Muslim man who lived in the year 1502 in the middle of the Ottoman Empire never believed in Jesus, so that long dead Muslim man died being a "son of hell" (Matthew 23:15); therefore, when you wrote "I don't see that man's name in scripture on the 'REJECTED' list", then you convey that the long dead unbelieving Muslim man was saved from the wrath of God by Jesus Christ's propitiating advocacy, so you convey that Jesus saves unbelievers; however, Lord Jesus exclusively saves person's whom Jesus exclusively chooses for the King of Glory says "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" and "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29); therefore, you call Jesus a deceiver.
Not at all.
You have infused a new bit of info...that he refused Jesus' offer.
With that truth it is clear that he himself refused what Jesus provided for him.
Jesus died to take away the sin of the world, not just your sect's.
If your sect was the only one that repented and was baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins and endured faithfully until the last day, He still would have died for the entire world.
But the world rejected the offer made freely to them.
Lord Jesus successfully rescues and redeems every man, including me by His grace for His glory, (Hebrews 2:9-10) for whom He executed propitiating advocacy without exception (1 John 2:1-2) as shown in this post; in contrast, your inclusion in "the whole world" of the long dead unbelieving Muslim man of 1502AD results in you preaching that Jesus is a failure per the same post;
All glory and power and honor be to the Holy God forever and ever, The Righteous One alone is salvation, Amen!!!
All man have access to that forthcoming salvation.
Not all men want it.

kermos
I believe Christ does save unbelievers, in that He saves them from all iniquity Titus 2:14
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Part of the iniquity they are redeemed from is unbelief, and He makes them believers zealous of good works.
Every convert was once an unbeliever.

You dont believe Christs death redeems them He died for from the slavery of sin and from the slavery of the devil.
Not if they won't accept it.
It takes two to tango, and it takes two to give and accept salvation.
I can open a service station on the corner and offer free gas for the first week for all of the city to use, but if only twenty folks show up, only twenty folks will profit from it.
Nobody was turned away because of any condition or circumstance, but only twenty took me up on the offer.
So too only a few take Jesus' offer to heart.
Keep praying that their present refusal will one day turn to acceptance of God's free grace and mercy.

The day of judgement will let every man know whether or not his name is in the book of life.
Until then, salvation is only a hope for those obedient to Christ.
Thankfully though, the holy are given the seal of the inheritance; an inheritance to be delivered on the last day.
Again, You dont believe Christs Perfect Work saved anyone if you believe any He died for are lost in their sins. That will be made clear to you in the day of Judgment since you cant see it now.

Not if they won't accept it.
It takes two to tango, and it takes two to give and accept salvation.
I can open a service station on the corner and offer free gas for the first week for all of the city to use, but if only twenty folks show up, only twenty folks will profit from it.
Nobody was turned away because of any condition or circumstance, but only twenty took me up on the offer.
So too only a few take Jesus' offer to heart.
Keep praying that their present refusal will one day turn to acceptance of God's free grace and mercy.
Again You dont believe Christs death redeems them He died for from the slavery of sin and from the slavery of the devil. Thats actually unbelief !

Again, You dont believe Christs Perfect Work saved anyone if you believe any He died for are lost in their sins.
That makes no sense.
Why forget about the ones who did accept the sacrifice Jesus made and will be saved ?
That will be made clear to you in the day of Judgment since you cant see it now.
As the Hebrews scripture you keep supplying says "He tasted death for ALL MEN", it is ludicrous to suppose He only tasted death for some of the ALL MEN.
Not all men will do their own part for their own salvation.

Again You dont believe Christs death redeems them He died for from the slavery of sin and from the slavery of the devil. Thats actually unbelief !
It will only profit the ones who comply with Christ.
Men have to make the decision of whether or not to obey Him in order to eventually be saved.

I get the impression that you don't think man has a part to play in his own salvation.

That makes no sense.
Why forget about the ones who did accept the sacrifice Jesus made and will be saved ?

As the Hebrews scripture you keep supplying says "He tasted death for ALL MEN", it is ludicrous to suppose He only tasted death for some of the ALL MEN.
Not all men will do their own part for their own salvation.
He tasted death for every man His death brings to God or Glory Heb 2:9-10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation
perfect through sufferings.

Those He tasted death for He became the Captain of their Salvation, meaning He saved them, which you deny, that's unbelief

I'ld feel better if you phrased it..."Man's knowledge of Christ makes believers out of unbelievers."
Your way might make it look like He forces it on people.
Christ makes believers out of unbelievers, thats part of His Saving Work. If people He died for never become believers in Him, His Death was a failure, which is how you see His death.

Back